Leaving December 27th Parris Island
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Leaving December 27th Parris Island

Wish me luck, its been a while but im ready ... ill be back in March, Merry Christmas i'll be back.

Good luck tallboot... can't wait to see that status change to "Marine"

Tallboot, make your Drill Instructors proud to have you....... give them every thing you got.

Aye First Sergeant

Just Think It As A 13 Week Vacation Away From Civie Life. Good Luck And Keep Moto. See Ya Back Here As A P.f.c.

I'll see you on the Island a week later.

Good luck on your journey to earning the title, just keep in mind that everything happens for a reason and don't give up, go to boot camp and do your best and the rest will fall into place, but nothing is given it's all earned. Semper Fi!

At least you won't be there for Christmas like I was at San Diego.
    Here r some tips (not all may apply to Parris Island):
    • 1) Don't ever say "I", when talking about yourself, it is always "This Recruit."
    • 2) Don't think about what they tell you to do, because you'll hesitate.
    • 3) BE QUICK, or as my SDI used to say, "Move like you gotta purpose!"
    • 4) Don't eat the scrambled eggs--they're cold.
    • 5) Keep your finger nails clipped down to the quick every day, in other words don't let any white fingernail show.
    • 6) Get used to wearing your first set of cammies for at least 3 weeks straight without washing them or until they can walk around without you.
    • 7) Always remember to do the ITB Tendon stretch so you won't get ITB Tendonitis and wind up being one the many recruits you'll see on crutches and sporting leg immobilizers.
    • 8) Forget about asking to talk to a Chaplin, because it ain't going to happen.
    • 9) Beware of the M.O.T. This is where they try to scare-the-s**t out of you so you'll tell them what u didn't tell your recruiter.
    • 10) DON'T FALL ASLEEP IN ANY OF THE PRAC CLASSES. Easier said than done that first week after getting so little sleep in processing.
    That's all that comes to mind right now. Wish you all the best and have fun.

Thank you Marines for everything, This forum has continued to help me constantly. I'll Give it my best and my all.

Best of Luck!

Make us Proud!

Ellie

I ship Dec 27 also, i wish you the best of luck. maybe we will meet up somehow. Do anyone know what RTBN we will be in?

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The1stSgt
    Tallboot, make your Drill Instructors proud to have you....... give them every thing you got.
    In 83 after a week out in Individual Combat Training, we were on our way back to main side and the barracks. Most of us did very well and were proud to have accomplished a very hard week.

We route stepped the 9 miles back but when we hit main side Parris Island our Senior Drill Instructor called out regular close order drill.

When we got back to the Company area he reverted back to route step. No one changed pace. He called route step again. One of our Squad Leaders finally replied, "Sir, we want to march, Sir!"

I think we finally stunned him, "Damn Ladies, now you are motivating me!"

Well Tallboot and Jason, the time has come to step up to the plate and prove to us and yourself how motivated you are in your heart.

Never Quit, Never Give Up!

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing
    In 83 after a week out in Individual Combat Training, we were on our way back to main side and the barracks. Most of us did very well and were proud to have accomplished a very hard week.

We route stepped the 9 miles back but when we hit main side Parris Island our Senior Drill Instructor called out regular close order drill.

When we got back to the Company area he reverted back to route step. No one changed pace. He called route step again. One of our Squad Leaders finally replied, "Sir, we want to march, Sir!"

I think we finally stunned him, "Damn Ladies, now you are motivating me!"

Well Tallboot and Jason, the time has come to step up to the plate and prove to us and yourself how motivated you are in your heart.

Never Quit, Never Give Up!
    Its been a long wishing and dreaming about becoming a Marine and now the time has really come. I dont know about the other poolees thats shipping dec27 but i am ready to prove how motivated i am. I just cant beleavie its only 3 days away!

Good Luck to both of you!

Gentleman;
    Congratulations and good luck!

Thread Information