PLC Question
Create Post

Thread: PLC Question

PLC Question

Howdy yall. I have a question about the SAT requirements for the PLC. I know it requires a score of 1000 with a combination of Math and Verbal. When the scores are given there are 3 grading sections: Math, Critical Reading, and Writing. I am not too sure on whether I need the Math and Critical Reading combination, or Match and Writing combination. Does anyone know which combination it is?

I read a previous post by LivinSoFree and he said

"I would recommend being a 92-day reservist before going to OCS. Some Marines/Officers like to badmouth the 92-day program, but it's a GREAT way to get enlisted experience before you get commissioned, which is invaluable both at OCS and throughout your career as a Marine Officer" (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...688#post196688).

I am interested in this "92-day reservist" thing, but I have never been presented with it while showing interest in going reserves while in school. Can anyone give me a little more information on this please?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    The "92-Day Reserve" or IIADT (Incremental Initial Active Duty for Training) reserve enlistment program is a program designed to allow full time 4-year college students to enlist in the Marine Corps reserve while remaining enrolled in school. It's got a limited number of slots available, and like all reserve enlistments, it's limited by your location and abilities as to your MOS and unit selection.

It works like this. 4-Year college student enlists on a 92-day contract.

Summer 1- Boot Camp
    Summer 2- MCT and/or MOS School (Depending on course seats and time req.)
    Summer 3- MOS School (If Necessary)

The years in between, you'll drill with your reserve unit like any other reserve Marine ("1 weekend a month"- give or take, depending on unit and ops), while attending school full time. This is a great opportunity to get some experience and training under your belt, and is a great help when you do go to MCT and MOS schools, and is a great way to get enlisted experience while on your way to the officer side, if that's your goal, since 92-day reservists can dual-contract through PLC for an officer program, assuming selection criteria are met. Take a look at the post entitled "PLC/92-day Reserve Rundown" and do a search on "92-day" for other posts on the topic.

Any questions, feel free to contact me through a PM or in this thread.

-Meyer

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    As far as the new SAT standards- these numbers are for officer programs, but with the new SAT, they're obviously under review or have already been changed. Check with your local OSO (Officer Selection Office) to get the latest dope.

Thread Information