Curious
Create Post

Thread: Curious

Question Curious

I was curious, is it possible for an American or a person of another nationality to join the Royal Marine? I ask becaus i know in the US Marines some people can join from other country's (well I think at one time, not too sure anymore). And when I mean join, I dont mean by way of any sort of exchange program. I'm just curious.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Post Aliens and immigrants as U.S. Marines

Not all foreigners can become U.S. Marines. Only registered aliens who possess permanent U.S. resident status are eligible for enlistment in the U.S. Marine Corps. As for the Royal Marines, I don't know, but you are in the right place to ask.

grunt 2b

To apply as a foreigner to join the Royal Marines
    You must at all times since birth, have been a British or Commonwealth citizen (ie Canadian, Australian and so on) and you should have resided in the UK for a minimum of five years.
    I think this info is still correct, hope it answers your question.

Yours Aye

Brumbo

Post Thanks for the information

Ok, thanks for telling me

Hi y`all,
    to serve in R.M.Commando you must have "right of abode" stamped in your passport. The five year rule went out the window a while ago. However, I know of several U.S.M.C. ranks who have served "on attatchment" with R.M.
    And good blokes they all were.

cheers, Aye

Harry

We do have an exchange program that allows RM & USMC SNCOs to exchange job. We currently have a CSgt PTI working in Quantico and his opposite number came to CTCRM (Commando Training Centre Royal Marines at Lympstone Devon).

Thread Information