Latrine burn barrels
Create Post

Latrine burn barrels

Does anyone remember having to burn off the latrine barrels. Were these old Agent orange containers? I heard that they were. As an FMF Doc, I was involved in the burning off of these and remember occasionaly, getting new barrels but did not know where they came from or what had been in them before we got them.

Doc,
    I was on Sxxxer Burning Duty a number of times. All that I recall was that they were 55 gal. drums cut in half. I don't know what was in them before we got them but I'm sure that it was possiable that there could of been Agent Orange or Purple in them.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Anyone Burn Privies In Nam?

Anyone who was below the rank of Corporal had the devine pleasure of cleaning the public toilets in the land of the Nam. They were somewhat different than we were accustomed to here in the world. 55 gallon drums cut in half and placed below a wooden bench with a hole in it, in a wood out house type structure. Hygiene being a necessity required them to be burned daily. So that required a detail of snuffies to pull the drum away from the structure and douse with 5 gallons of No. 2 diesel and toss in a activated flare or thermite grenade. Oh lord I can smell the aromatic stench to this day. They would burn for hours all over the country side lifting jet black plumes of smoke skyward.

Who amoung us has had this distinct honor to claim? Dang it was good to make Corporal no more burning shi1ters.

Aint memories great?
    Check out this link:

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=18671

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    HEY IVALIS,HOW'S ABOUT WHEN YOU GO BURN THE XO'S & THE COMPANY CO'S CHITTER;YOU TAKE ONE OF MY CONCUSSION GERNADES! THEN LIGHT THEIR AZZE'S UP~MAKE CONTACT, SO TO SAY!!!(LMAO)

Ahh the memories! Every now and then the smell of burning sh*t and fermenting Nuoc Mam comes back.

Thread Information