Recommended Book - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've read "Flags of our Fathers"...amazing book
    I want to read "Keeping the Faith" and "Into the Crucible", I'm gonna keep my eyes out for both of them while I'm at bookstores. I've read "The Art of War" multiple times...it is quite a good read, although it's not what many think it is. It's purely a philisophical book. I'm currently reading the "US Army Survival Guide", It's pretty awesome and worth picking up, even if you're not going to boot. It tells you everything from how to make weapons to what types of plants to look out for...it should help in the future, me going Infantry and all. Where are those book lists Sgt.Bones put up? I'd like to check them out.
    Thanks.

In the Poolee Hall.....hehehehe. C'mon, I know you didn't look! It takes about 5 - 10 minutes. On the bottom of the page, it will have something like show posts in ascending/descending order, from the last 10/30/60/beginning, something like that. Just pick one, ya might get lucky.

Yours in Intensity,

Joe

Or it could be in the Marine mentor forum....fergot cause he posts so many books....

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    A mind is a terrible thing to waste!!!

READ BOOKS!!!!

Of course my personal favorite is "Making The Corps" by Thomas E. Ricks. The author first observed Marines in Somalia and then went to PI to observe how Marines are trained (made). Mr. Ricks was also a writer who reported from Operation Iraqi Freedom in recent months.

SIXGUNS

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    One of the finest books ever written about the Corps - With The Old Breed by Eugene Sledge, a memoir of the First Marine Division's crossing of the Pacific, ending with the battle of Okinawa.

A great account - definite must-read

just in case some of ya are curious....

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    Nah,

Best book I ever read had a title like "Everything I Needed to Know, I Learned in Kindergarten."

It was filled with life-serving wisdom:

Haven't learned much since then that contradicts it.

If e-bay has a copy, I just might order one for my children.

Three books I didn't see on the list. Maybe they are there and my eyes just blurred; anyhow.

On Valors Side by T. Grady Gallant (WWII especially Guadalcanal)
    Helmet for my Pillow by Robert Leckie (WWII again)
    March to Glory by Robert Leckie (Frozen Chosin)

and of course if you want classic fiction then it's gotta be Battle Cry by Leon Uris. My son brought back a copy in Portuguese when he returned from UNITAS. Funny thing is I've read the book so much it almost seems as if I can read it in Portuguese and my Dutch copy as well.

Registered User Free Member Cement03's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    i have recently bought and read Jarhead by Anthony Swafford. now it doesnt have too much info about boot camp in it but it is a great book and a definate read.

semper fi
    Simon Litke

I forgot who posted the thread about "Into the Crucible" I'm pressed for time right now but would like to thank the person who recommended that book ITS AWSOME. Thanks

Thread Information