Infantry
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Infantry

Infantry

is it possible to request infantry duty? which in my point of view does not have to much to do with engineering, technical stuff, etc. im a good shot with a rifle and i can haul heavy weight but i lack in the whole "smart" department, now dont get me wrong im decently smart, just not when it comes to machines, advanced field technology, and language translation. but im sure the marines could always use a good fighter. OO Rah!

lol..allright first...yes you can request to be an infantryman. I know I did and so did pretty much every other grunt out there.
    But to be a good infantryman you cant just be some trigger happy, ground pounder , that is all brawn and no brains. You have to be able to think fast , be fast on your feet, be able to express yourself in a clear and concise manner to your Marines and have to be able to lead and to take charge. Being a grunt is hard , both physically and mentally. Please dont think that going into the 03 field is going to be easy and your going to skate. Youll be challenged in ways you didnt even know were possible. Its true though, the Marine Corps is always looking for some good warriors . Not just fighters. A good warrior has mental and physical strenghts, not just one or the other.

I dont know why...but Animal Mother came to mind when I read that first post!!! BWAAAHAHAHAHA

hardy har har....sir

All Marines are "Grunts", some go to school and become more than ground pounders,but all are basically "Grunts." Don't get the idea that being a "Grunt" means you do not have any G-2 as some "Grunts" really enjoy living the way they do. Really is not much need for an X-Grunt in the real world, unless its police work or security.

sir, when i said infantry i meant i wanted to do more of the physical stuff, i love hard work that keeps me busy, im just not much of a thinker is all.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    LOL! OK now I'm the one rolling on the floor laughing - I think this is one of the ones John Kerry must have been talking about - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm sorry - that's just funny to me! He WANTS to be the brawn cause he ain't too much of a thinker...................

mock me all you wish, the only thing that will stop me from being a marine will be a crippling injury. i will keep on trying untill i get in.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Oh no, it was in good fun BFD, Marine84 poking John Kerry and not you personally. I like your heart and attitude. That's the makings of being a Marine!

heh heh, i wasen't offended, i was just making my point clear sir, and i never will understand why John Kerry claims that was a botched joke, how the heck can anyone botch a joke that bad?

Do yourself a favor and "swing with the wing!"

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    What do you think BFD? That infantry doesn't have some sort of school to go through before they let you frolic through a field with an M16? Whatever you have to do in the Corps you will be required to think to a certain degree.

ok, through my own stupidity i did not put this first, i do not want to be an officer, i am not officer material, nor am i fluent in any other language, and im not skilled with engineering or technician work. apparently some of you took what i said as an insult to your corps. all i was saying is that I am bound for the grunt work.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Can you use your bodily strength to be part of a team. Does the thought of letting us down put a worm in your gut?

We don't particularly want Albert Einstein in Our Beloved Corps. We want someone with the character and determination to be one of us. Is that you BFD?

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing
    Can you use your bodily strength to be part of a team. Does the thought of letting us down put a worm in your gut?

We don't particularly want Albert Einstein in Our Beloved Corps. We want someone with the character and determination to be one of us. Is that you BFD?
    Aye Sir!

Thread Information