Question about drinking age. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well some places it might be legal.. The fact is more than likely you will be drinking... I was in school and we were only allowed to have water in the bks. So what did we do since most of us were 18? We had bottles of clear alcohol, in water bottles. The point I'm making is drinking will come just think about where you are so you wont get in trouble.. Some commanders love to NJP, I mean LOVE it... So just make sure you are with people you can trust.

Last edited by jinelson; 10-24-06 at 11:24 AM.

Amen, killerinstinct. I got a few NJP's for drinking under the age. It sucked.

it only illegal to drink under the age of 21 if you're dumb enough to get caught. Like being drunk underage and attempting to ride a floor buffer in the hallway for eight seconds and getting caught by the SDO and when he asks to see your i.d., you hand him your Autozone preffered member card. S*it like that.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo5November
    it only illegal to drink under the age of 21 if you're dumb enough to get caught. Like being drunk underage and attempting to ride a floor buffer in the hallway for eight seconds and getting caught by the SDO and when he asks to see your i.d., you hand him your Autozone preffered member card. S*it like that.
    lol_ sounds like you or somebody had a goodtime_ Good Sh**

I was already 21 when I came in. It was my headmate, guy by the name of kris goode did this very stunt. I laughed so hard I had tears streaming down my face when I found out about this the same night. I did on the otherhand steal a riding lawnmower my my buddy outside the e-club of camp courtney in okinawa and ride because we were too drunk to walk. I ended up driving into a ditch on the way back to the barracks. We just fled the scene. To top it off I was an MP and had to be to work the next morning and ended up having to investigate the damage to government property (the lawnmower) and wrongful appropriation of government property (the lawnmower). I never did catch that slimey bastard who did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo5November
    I was already 21 when I came in. It was my headmate, guy by the name of kris goode did this very stunt. I laughed so hard I had tears streaming down my face when I found out about this the same night. I did on the otherhand steal a riding lawnmower my my buddy outside the e-club of camp courtney in okinawa and ride because we were too drunk to walk. I ended up driving into a ditch on the way back to the barracks. We just fled the scene. To top it off I was an MP and had to be to work the next morning and ended up having to investigate the damage to government property (the lawnmower) and wrongful appropriation of government property (the lawnmower). I never did catch that slimey bastard who did it.
    damn those 5811's and their awesome lawless parties.....

I am pretty sure it's up to the base CG's discretion. I was stationed at Ft. Huachuca AZ (An Army base for you civilians) and you could drink on base if you were in the military and 18. His reasoning for the 18+ age limit was that he'd rather us get ****faced on base where we can at least walk back to our barracks instead of going to Nogalas MX and risk getting a DUI or getting jumped, arrested, etc... I think it makes sense, especially since there wasn't jack s**t to do in the immediate area unless you drove ALLLLL the way to Tucson AZ.

Whatever the age limit is in the state where the base is located is the drinking age on that particular base.

Two of the best ways to mess up your time in the service are DRUGS & DRINKING until drunk.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    In the 1980s you could drink beer on base at 18 years of age and hard stuff at 21 years of age. Has it changed to 21 now ? So you can enlist at 18 and serve our country, but you can't drink ? You can go into combat, get the MOH, Navy Cross, Purple Heart, but you can't drink ? LOLOLOLOL or you get wrote up and face the man ? Pretty one sided Marines.

Sgt. Hoss

Thread Information