Steriod Use - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steriod Use

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    No excuse. That's another part of becoming a Marine - you have to leave your emotions at the door.

Aye Aye ma'am

Poskew - the Marine Corps' zero tolerance policy is serious business. Stay away from Marines that even talk about drugs. But, to answer your question, apparently there are Marines out there trying to use and sell steroids.

I did some research and found about a dozen published cases dating between 1995 and 2005 where Marines were tried for possession or distribution of steroids. These were cases that made it to the Navy-Marine Corps Court of Criminal Appeals or Court of Appeals of the Armed Forces.

Most cases of steroid abuse are probably dealt with through an administrative separation. The court-martial cases I looked at usually involved some sort of distribution or other crimes.

I tried to find some statistics for steroid convictions or separations. I couldn't find any.

The sentences in the court-martials were all pretty consistent, you can count on at least a BCD, reduction in rank to E-1, several months forfeiture of pay of probably at least $600.00 / month, and anywhere from 3 months to 2 years in the brig - depending on the number and types of charges.

Of course, an administrative discharge can really mess you up also with an OTH.

I personally have never known any Marines that have taken steroids, but apparently they are out there. When I first enlisted, back in '97, alot of guys were taking all sorts of supplements, including andro. You'll still find lots of Marines taking all sorts of supplements. I haven't taken supplements in years. I don't have a problem with Marines that take supplements, if they know what they are doing. But, stay away from any talk of steroids or any illegal drugs or supplements. Most Marines are honest, but there are a few cheaters out there.

By the way, wrongful use or possession of a controlled substance is prosecuted under Article 112(a) of the UCMJ.

Lt C

Preciate it bud.

WOW, now we call Officers of Marines bud? Didn't know things had become that relaxed!

Poskew didn't have an attitude in his posts whatsoever. It kind of made me chuckle though. I'm kind of anti-apologizing just for asking what is considered a dumb question. Basically what it comes to...no matter where you go you'll find people being stupid and breaking rules, but they'll be screwed if they're caught. Don't do it and stay far away from the people that do.....Done

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Incoming...............................

Poskew, you're going to be a hard one to teach I can see it coming. But, you'll be a lot of fun for the ones trying to teach your a$$.

When you see an avatar that is anything BUT chevrons or the Eagle, Globe and Anchor with "Private" across it - YOU ARE TO SAY SIR OR MA'AM, whichever the case may be. You just called a 2LT in the Marine Corps "bud"! Doofus.............

Quote Originally Posted by Poskew
    Preciate it bud.
    You called a Second Lieutenant "bud"? What're you gonna call a General; "dude"?

lol..homie.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    lol

We had a kid get busted and and booted for doing roids when we were in OKI. He roid raged on his squad leader...it was hilarious. The squad leader was one of those people that lived by their rank and had no leadership skills and this roid user made him aware of it. LOL LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dscusmc
    Poskew - the Marine Corps' zero tolerance policy is serious business. Stay away from Marines that even talk about drugs. But, to answer your question, apparently there are Marines out there trying to use and sell steroids.

I did some research and found about a dozen published cases dating between 1995 and 2005 where Marines were tried for possession or distribution of steroids. These were cases that made it to the Navy-Marine Corps Court of Criminal Appeals or Court of Appeals of the Armed Forces.

Most cases of steroid abuse are probably dealt with through an administrative separation. The court-martial cases I looked at usually involved some sort of distribution or other crimes.

I tried to find some statistics for steroid convictions or separations. I couldn't find any.

The sentences in the court-martials were all pretty consistent, you can count on at least a BCD, reduction in rank to E-1, several months forfeiture of pay of probably at least $600.00 / month, and anywhere from 3 months to 2 years in the brig - depending on the number and types of charges.

Of course, an administrative discharge can really mess you up also with an OTH.

I personally have never known any Marines that have taken steroids, but apparently they are out there. When I first enlisted, back in '97, alot of guys were taking all sorts of supplements, including andro. You'll still find lots of Marines taking all sorts of supplements. I haven't taken supplements in years. I don't have a problem with Marines that take supplements, if they know what they are doing. But, stay away from any talk of steroids or any illegal drugs or supplements. Most Marines are honest, but there are a few cheaters out there.

By the way, wrongful use or possession of a controlled substance is prosecuted under Article 112(a) of the UCMJ.

Lt C
    Thank you for the information, Sir. I have been also wondering about this because I know some guys who acted like they had no problems with steroiods and I was trying to find out whether or not the Marine Corps allowed/disallowed/were slacked. It turns out I was right. Supposidely my friend stopped taking steroids before he went to bootcamp and he doesn't take them anymore but I don't really trust him -- anyways Sir thank you for the information. It's none of my business anyways but it is good information Sir.

Jordon.

Oh boy I really messed up. I was used to seeing other symbols and hadn't seen that one before. I was on the go also. I apologize I just now am checking the forums since that post. I feel like an idiot. Wont happen again.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Lmao!

Pay attention to detail Bonehead! RANK should be the first thing you notice on ANY Marine. Lesson #2 Grasshoppa!

Aye Aye Ms. Miagi

Thread Information