The Cost of Doing One's Duty - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    10thzodiac- Please tell us what Mr. Jefferson would have thought of an enemy with absolutely no concept of justice, fair-play, honor, liberty, freedom, etc. Would Mr. Jefferson have encouraged the press to lie to Americans or at the least, 'slant the partial truths'? If British terrorists had blown up Independence Hall in 1806, would the venerable Thomas Jefferson have said,"We just need to leave the English alone, and everything will be better."
    Also, check your history...the prisoners of war during the Revolution, on both sides, were generally relegated to miserable, disease infested prison ships. Chances for mere 'survival' were slim. Yeah, that's 'great' treatment for a POW! Lots of Honor and Justice there!
    These prisoners in Gitmo are the "BAD GUYS"!!! They aren't interested in sitting around having coffee and smokes, and shootin' the breeze. They want to kill us!

SEMPER FI !!!

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Hi Gunny. Yup, I spelled gunny wrong. Sorry. Evidently, judging from the rest of your post, that's one of the few words you know how to spell. My advice? I wouldn't be correcting anyone else's spelling if I were you.

Interestingly enough, Sukiran, as spelled in my profile (which you managed to get wrong), was correct in 1958. During the late sixties the government tried varying the anglicanizations of Japanese words. For example, machinato became makiminato. It's sort of the way Peking became Beijing. In the process, Sukiran became Zukeran. See? You need to, like, read and stuff in order to know what you're talking about.

Yes, I went to U.C. Berkeley, like a lot of other marines, including Major General Oliver Smith USMC. General Smith was a highly decorated combat veteran of WW II and Korea. He was advanced to four-star rank on retirement because of having been specially commended for heroism in combat. He is most noted for (pay attention now gunny) commanding the 1st Marine Division during the Battle of Chosin Reservoir. Yup, I went to U.C. Berkeley and I'm proud of it. I'm in good company.

As for knowing where the center is. I never said I did know. I asked you where you thought it was. So? Where do you think it is?

You don't know, do you?

semper fi
    Art

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Great another one. I vote for a political forum on this site to keep all this garbage to it self

Credits
    Savings
    Images

I Agree Brother

Yes - We could call it the Utopian Forum - A place to share leftest rants from the Peoples Republic Of Berkeley and give aid and comfort to our enemies!

God-damn, I Feel Great, I've Had My History And Spelling Lessons From The Left. I Am Ready To Conquer The World!!!!
    Oh God, Don't Talk About The Poor Mistreated Sheetheads At Gitmo Or You'll Get The Lefties Going Again!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Sheetheads Aaarrreee Sssooo Mistreated It Is Pitiful!!

Semper Fi,

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    You mean sort of like a concentration camp?

Also Jim, I'm offended. I haven't posted any rants. I worked hard on those posts and strove to maintain a reasoned and calm approach to the issues under discussion. It's not like I posted in an outsize font in order to simulate shouting. That, if anthing, is a ranting technique. Also, in point of fact, you don't know enough about my politics to know where I fit in on the political spectrum. Disagreement is not "leftist" or "rightist." In fact, we have a moral duty to disagree with others if we feel we are headed in the wrong direction. I started responding to these posts because I thought some posters were attacking Zod unfairly. The posts became personal rather than reasoned responses in a forum that is by definition a place for debate. Now you're attacking me as well and you don't even know me. I know, I'm falling into the same trap and I'm beginning to say things that are personal and I don't like myself when I do that. But Jim, don't you think you might assuming too much by implying that I'm a leftist purely because of where I went to college?

I have a better idea for some of you. Open a topic and isolate yourselves. Allow nobody to participate except those with whom you agree. Post a guard. That's easier than hiring a police force to confine everyone else, which is ultimately what your kind of fear will lead to. That's what gives the enemy aid and comfort.

Credits
    Savings

Wink Now I know who Lincoln was talking about

Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid.
    As a nation we began by declaring that "all men are created equal."
    We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except
    Negroes." When the Know-Nothings, get control, it will read
    "all men are created equal, except Negroes, and foreigners
    and catholics." When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating
    to some country where they make no pretense of loving liberty- to
    Russia where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base
    alloy of hypocrisy." ~ Abraham Lincoln - Letter to Joshua F. Speed, Aug. 24, 1855.

Gees, Lincoln a Republican and moving to Russia...did you guys have relatives in Lincoln's time ?

10th

How in the #$%k did we get to Russia in this thread????????? Please get off your left horse a minute and start thinking rationally!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

Holy ****e

What do ya know, another thread were if you aint right you are very wrong!
    So the cost of doing my duty is to have my some of my Brothers call me nasty names if I don't agree with the policies of the current CIC. HUH. WTF!

Holy Sh!te

What do ya know, another thread were if you aint right you are very wrong!
    So the cost of doing my duty is to have my some of my Brothers call me nasty names if I don't agree with the policies of the current CIC. HUH. WTF!

Credits
    Savings

Thumbs up Thanks about Camp Sukiran ahanlon

You know I use to spell Camp Zukeran as Camp Sukiran. I was stationed there 24 months 1963-65.

One of the many times I was there on vacation, I noticed it was spelled Zukeran. Thinking I was wrong all this time I adopted Zukeran as the spelling thinking I had it wrong, but actually they changed it. Very astute ahanlon, kudos to you !

When I was there this year I noticed it was changed again, it is now Camp Foster and Four Corners Koza, is now Okinawa city.

Once long time ago when I was visiting Okinawa my son's high school friend was stationed in my old outfit 12 Marines there. I had him get us Burger Kings on Base and bring them up to the Hilton as that was the only Burger king in Japan. Why, well I was told Micky D's were just to expensive off base for Marine pay, so they imported a Burger King.

This year three Domino's pizza's in Tokyo cost me $90.00 and I bought the cokes separately and they were no bargain either. The pizzas were cheap compared to the restaurants and she wants to go back next year while we are still young, lol. A cab ride between the two airports in Tokyo is $250 to $300 for ninety minute trip... I take the bus $36.

SF

10th

Marine Family Free Member 003XXMarineDAD's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Kudos 10th

Kudos 10thzodiac
    your post will always point out the far left fringe and bring out your comrades to help you spread your mindless games you play. I play to defend the Marines on the ground now and the ones that have gone before and were disparaged in the sixties by the left from the past and the current ones still alive but older from the sixties. The one thing I have seen and had words with in person on the anti war protest lines is the one's from the sixties still smell as bad as they did then.

Credits
    Savings

Smile 003XXMarineDAD, the only real father a Marine needs is Smedlely

Quote Originally Posted by 003XXMarineDAD
    Kudos 10thzodiac
    your post will always point out the far left fringe and bring out your comrades to help you spread your mindless games you play.
    In Marine speak, Smedley walked the walk and then talked the talk !

"I wouldn't go to war again as I have done to protect some lousy investment of the bankers. There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. Not a single drop of American blood should ever again be spilled on foreign soil. Let's build up a national defense so tight that even a rat couldn't crawl through! “~ Excerpt from a speech delivered in 1933, by Major General Smedley Butler, USMC on Interventionism

I trust General Butler's quote won't be dismissed as (to use your words) far left fringe by you and your comrades as mindless games were playing.

To the contrary 003XXMarineDAD I and my comrades were or are Marines in harms way like your son is now. If we are to fight and die, let it be for our homes and the Bill of Rights, not an oil well in Iraq (see below) or some lousy investment of bankers. War for any other reason is simply a racket." ~ General Smedeley D. Butler

It is so plain, some day I hope you will be able to see what General Butler was telling the Marines.

General Butler is not here now and others must take up where he left off or he and the Marines that follow him served for nothing more than some lousy investments for bankers and Iraqi oil wells.

Semper Fidelis

10th

10thzodiac- a couple quick thoughts...
    You quote Lincoln's letter concerning the equality of "all men." Do you suppose he was referring to "law abiding citizens", or did that include criminals, confederates, terrorists, and other dregs of humanity? The reason I ask is, why did he suspend the writ of Habeus Corpus for those suspected of complicity in dividing our nation? If he considered "them" equal, they should have been afforded the full protection of the law. Is it possible that he was smart enough to realize that the dangerous people who would completely undermine what this country stands for, do not deserve it's protection?

Second, although Maj. Gen. Butler died before Dec. 7, 1941...do you REALLY think he would have been in favor of just rebuilding the Pacific Fleet, as opposed to taking the fight to the Empire of Japan? I have every confidence that Smedley would have rolled up his sleeves, and jumped right into all aspects of the Second World War.

||

the two marks in the title might just represent the narrowness of mind of some people...

Thread Information