"The Marine" (2006)
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

"The Marine" (2006)

Ive heard from many vietnam veterans, and other people as well, that most movies produced with a Marine Corps theme, have dissapointed them. I do not blame them. This year, a new movie with that theme comes to theaters once again. The title: "The Marine". I have watched numerous trailers, read revews, etc... and what is my conclusion? This movie never should have been called "The Marine". First of all, the only thing I have noticed so far that relates to the US Marines is 1.) The background of the main character is a Marine-actually, the characters give him the improper title of "Ex-Marine"-whom was taken out of the war in Iraq. 2.) The movie poster has the main character wearing an Eagle, Globe, and Anchor in two pictures, and no other part of the poster even relates to the military. As for what makes this movie even more rediculous: Yes, the United States Marine Corps is made up of some very highly trained, professional, tough-as-nails men and women. But this movie shows the main character, the Marine, as the common "James Bond" action hero, where anything he shoots blows up a thousand times more than it should, he uses high tech gadgets, his muscles look like he juices up daily on some alien form of high-yield steroids.... and this movie is titled "The Marine"....? I dont know about you all, but I do not like the whole situation about this movie.

Actually this movie is loosely based on your typical Marines day to day life.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I wont bother seeing that one. "Flags of Our Fathers" will be out soon and that should be a good one, also next years "No True Glory" may prove to be a great one if its like the book.

Two Thumbs Down for "The Marine"

Jim

Yeah, I had a buddy of mine tell me that "The Marine", was coming out and so I eyeballed it and it made me sick. I thought nothing would be worse than Jarhead but I was wrong. I agree that the only thing I could find that had anything to do with the Marine Corps was his background. They really needed a different title for this piece of crap. I am really looking forward to Flags of our Fathers though.

If John Wayne is not the star, it is not a Marine Corps Movie.

Roger the John Wayne movie: no John Wayne, no real USMC movie...!!
    Did you hear they just discovered an old 'unreleased' John Wayne movie somewhere in the musty archives of Hollywood...

Starred Mohammed Ali, Linda Loveless, and John Wayne....

Titled: "Fight, F***, Or Go For Your Guns...!!!"

Thread Information