Talking

She got you thier USMC0311

Originally posted by SHOOTER1
    She got you thier USMC0311
    Naw..
    The she: "1) WHAT ARE THE PROCEDURES FOR REPORTNG A POST ? "

She might have you Shooter.
    the she:
    "HUMM CORRECTION , WHAT YOU STATED ARE THE GENERAL ORDERS .. IM TRYING TO ADD STUFF FROM A REGRUIT GUIDE MARINE CORPS HISTORY...
    I wouldnt putt wrong information on the board sweetie sorry but i have to say your wrong this time"

jellybean

Shooter, you play with her.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    ok, what Iposted is from A REAL RECRUIT TRAINING REGIMENT .. REGRUIT STUDY GUIDE .. IT IS THE FIRST QUESTION UNDER INTERIOR GUARD 1

What you posted are General Orders .. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT INFO ..

PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT YOUR TRYING TO SAY HERE ??

JELLYBEAN

Cool REPORTING YOUR POST AND GENERAL ORDERS.........

GENERAL ORDERS ARE THE GUIDE LINE FOR GUARD DUTY........ONE MUST KNOW ALL THESE ORDERS BY HEART.
    WHEN STANDING GUARD AND REPORTING THE STATUS OF YOUR POST TO THE OFFICER OF THE DAY, THE STAFF DUTY OFFICER, THE SERGANT OF THE GUARD AND THE CORPORAL OF THE GUARD, IT MAY VARY FROM POST TO POST.
    UNLESS YOU HAVE STOOD GUARD DUTY, YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT. I HAVE WALKED A POST, BEEN ROVING SGT OF THE GUARD, BEEN STAFF DUTY OFFICER, BOTH IN PEACE TIME AND WAR. UNLESS YOU HAVE WALKED IN ANY OF THESE MARINES BOOTS, NEVER QUESTION WHAT THEY SAY OR HAVE DONE WHEN IT COMES TO SOMETHING ALL MARINES HAVE DONE AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER.

THE DRIFTER

Registered User Free Member ktriplett's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    From a guide the information may be, but I've been told and I'm sure you have too, that experience is a far better instructor than any textbook. They know what the correct answer is because the've done it, regardless of what any book says.

Unless you have stood guard duty, you do not know what to expect.

That says it all.

You need to know the general orders.

A Marine is a professional. Do you tell your doctor how to do his job? Do you tell your banker how to do his? No. Instead you ask questions. In Marine Corps boot camp, you don't get the chance to ask questions. You'll be taught everything you ned to know to start your Marine Corps career. How many or what kind of examples do you need? Every profession has it's books, it's tools and it's own language. Only experience and hands on training reveal what is not in the books.

What has been asked is relevant to asking a professional artist what color to paint the sun with your finger paints. He's told you to use amber, and you keep saying, "NO. I wanna use yellow!"

Read and study that book, if indeed it is current. But it is a finger painting guide as compared to what you will be required to know after boot camp.

If you don't know the general orders, how the hell can you expect to know how to report your post?"Sir, I don't know wtf I'm doin' out here sir, but I ain't seen nothin so far?"

Hell, that might even work, come to think of it......

Credits
    Savings
    NO no , thats not what i was saying of course you all no more then I , But i was trying to give the Poole's a Lil taste of the book smarts , i know you learn with experience , but you dont learn if you have no clue of what your doing ..

I know my general orders and i know my Marine Corps History ive been studying it for a year ..
    I know what the different things are and what i stated is ina book what he stated is also in a book , ,
    to different things ...

JELLYBEAN

Earle Comstock
    Guest Free Member
    Ok , now I've listened to your idea , give a listen to mine .
    Go to your local video store and rent three movies , These are classics . The first being Full Metal Jacket , this one you really only have to watch the first half of .
    The second being Platoon , this movie is a pretty good one except for the fact that it was an Army Plt. . Don't get be wrong , theres nothing wrong with the Army , if you want to be a squat to pee motherfvcker for the rest of your life . This movie would have been better if it was a about a Marine unit . One Big flaw , (I was going to do a quiz thing here) , but it would not have been fair to you all . The problem as Ole Cpl Commie sees it is there was no discipline , the talking on patrol , smokin , swearing , acting like they were on vacation . As some of you will soon learn , Its Swift , Silent , And Deadly , any questions so far .
    The third movie is gonna throw you but its a Must , are you ready ? The third movie is Rudy . Now I picked this one because it took guts and determination . Never giving up , when it seemed the whole world is against you . Do YOU have the guts , can you cut the mustard ?
    I've heard alot of you in here shooting off your mouth . I don't understand , If you graduate in June , why are you not going in my Corp in June . How many of you maggots are out of school , but want to kick it with your hommies a little bit longer before you make that move .
    If you are really serious about it , and your out of school , quit blowing smoke up my arse and get your arse moving ! Tomorrow would be nice . You got the easy part done , now its time to shut up and take action . Act like the adults you want to be respected as .
    Now if you've already watched these movies , go rent them again , and if need be , Again . This is reality , it is not a game .
    THE FEW , THE PROUD , THE MARINES

Registered User Free Member Barndog's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Fu ckin A Earle.

HEY LITTLE BOYZ AND GIRLZ

If my azzhole aint on fire it aint on fire, no matter how much smoke you blow up it!

QUIT WASTIN OUR TIME LISTENIN (WATCHING) YERSELVES TRYING TO IMPRESS US!!!!!!!!!!! If yer parents don't , THAT'S THEIR FREAKIN PROBLEM!

When you become Marines - you can deal with that

YOURSELVES LIVE ADULTS. More importantly LIKE MARINES.

Jellybean, after you sh it youself in boot camp, because your'e so fu cking scared to death, you'll forget those General Orders, and learn them again.
    You never really learn until the rounds whiz by your BHG, or the first time you go down in a Huey, or CH-46. Or a mortar round goes off HOT.

Remember toots..... play your silly ass games: MY LAST LESSON

All 5 second grenades have a 3 second fuse.
    if we are walking in a combat situation, and I'm looking the other way -

....your pretty little ass better dive on it if I aint looking, CAUSE MINE WILL IF YOURS AINT.

If you aint prepared to do that.....

Shut up and get out.

Registered User Free Member Barrio_rat's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Studying USMC history for a year? Well, collectively, you have (just from thos USMC Members of this site who post) over 100 years of experience... that IS history and, in their time, they've learned the history of the Corps as well.

There were few books in the Marine Corps that I needed. The ones that actually helped for basic Marine Corps knowlege were, the Guidebook for Marines, the U.S. Marine Guidebook of Essential Subjects (This book was replaced with the Basic Subjects Book - as a Marine, you are tested each year on your knowlege of BS) and the NCO Manual. The first two you receive in Boot Camp. The third book you need to buy. It can be found on any USMC base PX. My suggestion, if you ever plan to become an NCO, buy it as soon as you get to a base and start reading. Best to know what's going to be required of you before you attain the rank.

Lots of heavy flak in here, and this is the second time I've seen "jellybean" at the root of it in some fashion or another.

Sweetie are you getting this ??

These Marines, for the most part I think, DON"T WANT TO PLAY YOUR SILLY ASS GAMES !

I think there are some serious issues that need to be delt with, and frankly we are not the ones to help you out. This is not the place to work out issues like this.

I hope you realize this soon !

Registered User Free Member leroy8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I walk my post from flank to flank i will take no shi t from any rank!! I report post 13 as, all is clear on the western front. aye, aye sir.

Credits
    Savings
    Dang girl your takin a whuppin, I admire the balls, well maybe the guts. Intestinal fortitude thats what it takes. I still put five your gonna pee on yourself on the yellow footprints. You must enjoy being cannon fodder for these old salts!! Practice practice practice Are you using a Marine Corp knowledge book it sounds more like the way the Army reports thier post.

Credits
    Savings
    [img] Welcome to the G 2/5 group page. This page is for all past and present Golf 2/5 Marines and Corpman. A company were the men of legends, like Gunny Koon, are formed.[/img]

Credits
    Savings
    Actually growing up with a Marine i doubt ill have a problem with DIs im sure Ill have my days of fallen on my face but i will get back up and finish bootcamp ..

I dont come here to hear you bash a kid that really doesnt know as much as you i come hear to learn from you .. i take my bashing and burns because I have to .. And if i have to haer all this before i can get a simple answer so be it

all you had to say in the begining is Dawn its in the Mentor Forum but thanks for considering the help

as easy as that..

if youd like to bash crash or anything else pm me ..

Thread Information