Worries
Create Post

Thread: Worries

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Worries

Hey, brand new to the site and i'm not sure if this is the approprate place to post this or not. Quick story: Basically, I want to be a Corspman. Case closed. So far i've filled out the Navy Application and I have my Physical and Medical tests scedualed for this Tuesday and Wednesday. Then I meet with my Detailer to get a ship date.

this is assuming I do it.

Why wouldn't I do it?

Dont get me wrong, i've researched this to no end and have made up my mind; this is what I want to do. I honestly dont think there is anything out there more noble then to selflessly risk your own neck to save one of your fellow brothers. this is what I want to do. But,

I have a fear. Its not a fear of dying. Its basically a fear of..not being able to do it. Now I know I can past the Asvab with high enough scores, (I took it two years ago and got a 93 I believe), and I'm an extremely good test taker so I could pass the school.

The fear is once I get out there on the field with the my marines and sh*t hits the fan, I wont be able to do what needs to be done. Right now, aside from school i'm a cook. If I eff up, someone's food gets burnt, thats it. If I eff up here, someone could die. Going back to the cook thing. I love cooking here at home, so I figured I could do it as a job. It turned out to be a little diffrent though. I've stuck with it, the burns on my fingers and hands are testiment enough that I dont just quit something. But I'm this close to being fired, thus i'll have to accept failure. Now this is nothing, just a part time job. Being a corpsman would be life ya know?

I dont really know what i'm asking, I guess did any other fellow corpsman have this fear before going in, and everything turned out alright?

-Gom

Hey Gom, Fill Out Your Profile, And Then Lets Talk, We Whan To See Who You Are...

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Filled

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good boy!

Quit stressing so much, when you're going through it - quitting is not an option. You're having the same feelings a lot of us have had at one point or another in our lives. If it's something you really want to do with your life, you'll stick to it more. You take a chance on f'ing up every day of your life - why is this any different?

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    Quit stressing so much,
    I AGREE, IF YOU MAKE IT THROUGH THE SCHOOL, AND GO TO THE FLEET, WITH MARINES AND THE **** HITS THE FAN AS YOU SAY, YOU WILL KNOW WHAT TO DO, I NEVER MET A CORPSMAN THAT DIDN'T, GOOD LUCK.

The field medic school that the Corpsmen go through is fantastic. Iraqi vets have gone through to make it as realistic as possible. While it is impossible to recreat combat situations in training, those that have gone through usually claim that when they hit combat situations, they were on auto pilot because of the training they received.

Thread Information