What can you buy from the PX at recruit training? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cplbrooks
    I had acne pretty bad when i went to boot camp. They will prescribe medication for it while you are in receiving barracks when you first get there. When you are doing your initial medical stuff they will probably give it to you automatically. If not, just tell them that you need it. It must be prescribed by the navy docs but the good news is that its free. I had the little pills that they give you. Not sure what it was. It didnt work for me so they prescribed acutain once i was in SOI and that did the trick.
    Awesome, thanks.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Static_Sky25
    so true
    Aww the Memories... all came back too me!!!

"Marines I see as two breeds, Rottweilers or Dobermans,
    because Marines come in two varieties, big and mean,
    or skinny and mean. They're aggressive on the attack and
    tenacious on defense. They've got really short hair and they
    always go for the throat."
    -RAdm. "Jay" R. Stark, US Navy; 10 November 1995.

We had a recruit with the same problem and he ended up going to medical and they told him not to shave for like 2 weeks and gave him meds and our SDI let him recieve stuff from home. Also the recruit PX is NOT the PX and they have stuff called "bump patrol". If that helps. Just FYI you dont get many PX calls so if you need something. ie letter writing gear, socks, lysol, skin so soft, etc. you might wanna stock up on it. Although you gotta remember the heavier your footlocker the more weight you have to pick up. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rdy2gopoolie
    We had a recruit with the same problem and he ended up going to medical and they told him not to shave for like 2 weeks and gave him meds and our SDI let him recieve stuff from home. Also the recruit PX is NOT the PX and they have stuff called "bump patrol". If that helps. Just FYI you dont get many PX calls so if you need something. ie letter writing gear, socks, lysol, skin so soft, etc. you might wanna stock up on it. Although you gotta remember the heavier your footlocker the more weight you have to pick up. :P
    What do the DIs make you do with your footlocker?

Credits
    Savings
    Good Question, don't think that getting quarterdecked will be the only way you'll be getting that Good PT. Your DIs have plenty of ways to make sure that you Recruits are having a good time...

Quote Originally Posted by WJason777
    What do the DIs make you do with your footlocker?
    I'm not sure as I've never been there, but my buddy told me "To your chest....touch your knees. To your chest, down, up, down, up, STRAIGHT OUT RIGHT NOW!

I'll be right back, NONE OF YOU FAIRIES BETTER DROP ONE OF MY FOOTLOCKERS!"

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Heh, I just say "Ears, Open. Eyeballs, Click." When Echo said it's not like Wal-mart, he's right. From what I saw, It's a cramped building with a bunch of identical brown boxes, signs above them clarifying what is actually in those boxes, and two cash registers. Not a great looking place.

Suffice it to say that my least favorite command at MCRD was "INSPECTION FOOTLOCKER!"

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    Suffice it to say that my least favorite command at MCRD was "INSPECTION FOOTLOCKER!"
    Another was lets play "king of the Mountain". or "Nascar with scuzz brushes" lol. good times tho.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

razors

Quote Originally Posted by Achped
    Awesome! You just reminded me, I can use whatever razor now that my acnes gone, but if it comes back, those stupid two bladed things *destroy* my face.

I'm pretty sure you just get a run of the mill razor though, I mean, its the recruit depot PX
    we were issued Mach 3's when I was there in '03

Back in my day we used Sensors. Funny, I have used just about every new razor to come out since, for some reason Gillette sends one to me before they even hit the shelves. Yet, if you look in my bathroom right now, it is a Seonsor next to the sink.

Its insane, i have a box of razors (and another of holsters) that never get used, but I keep them for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo
    Back in my day we used Sensors. Funny, I have used just about every new razor to come out since, for some reason Gillette sends one to me before they even hit the shelves. Yet, if you look in my bathroom right now, it is a Seonsor next to the sink.

Its insane, i have a box of razors (and another of holsters) that never get used, but I keep them for some reason.
    For some reason gillette sent me the new 5 blade razor in the mail for my 18th birthday.

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    They still use the Mach III's. Boom says they are great for shaving your head.....lol.

I'll second that ma'am!

Quote Originally Posted by The Sandman
    People with acne should try a few simple steps to clear it up naturally. 1.) Stop eating ****e people. All that oily food and sweet crap, get rid of it. Get some good protein, complex carbs, and a little bit of the good oils (fish, olive, safflower, sunflower, etc) 2.) Wash your face once, maybe twice a day; usually when you wake up and go to bed. Do not over cleanse this causes the skin to think its dry and produce more oil, which traps dirt and then gets infected. If you must wipe your face with a papertowl or napkin or whatever. This just removes the excess. 3.) Excersise, this encourages the natural healing and repairing of the body, including the skin. 4.) Dry saunas before showers; sweat that chit out then wash it off. 5.) Take a vitamin E supplement, there are a lot of good things about vitamin E that help the skin and other functions of the body. I won't explain them all here, just look it up and you will see. 6.) Stop eating ****e, you may not think you are, but probably you are.

This isn't a cure all for everything, but everyone I've seen take these steps surely cleared them up. Give it a shot, either way you end up healthier on the other side.
    I was actually going to make The Sandman's first point. A lot of people have acne simply because of what they eat. From what I understand, in Recruit Training, we will be on a very strict diet and won't be eating the massive amounts of junk food that we eat now as civilians. Food is definitely a major cause of acne. I used to have terrible acne and I went to a dermatologist a few years back. Along with Accutane, the doctor also prescribed to me a diet, an lo and behold, acne is gone. I've been off Acutane for a few years now, but I've been trying to stay away from junk foods and just eat things that are good. Stuff with high protein, plenty of complex carbs, basically stuff like Sandman mentioned above. Its good advice. Also, the Vitamin E thing is good. Another tip from my dermatologist. The Sandman sounds like dermatologist, hes pretty much saying the same thing mine told me.

Thread Information