not sure where to post this-
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Spouse Free Member Tabby's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

not sure where to post this-

my sister is a little naive when it comes to guys. she's dating this kid she went to school with that tells her he was in the army-

he's supposedly in the process of being discharged for assault with a deadly weapon and malicious (sp) wounding. when he was over at my mom's today i noticed he has no dod decals on his car. kind of got me thinking, so i came home and checked on my mol account where you can search for members of the different branches- the kid isn't listed in any branch.

SO. i go to the county court docket- there's no upcoming case in any of the counties with in a 75 mile radius of our home town where the assault allegedly took place.

tomorrow i intend to go down to the recruiting office for the army and see if the sgt down there recruited a kid under that name- which i know he didn't but more to confront my kid sister and her "soldier" about.

now from one marine to another- WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO SAY TO HER?!?!?!

Tell her exactly what u told us. Let her know why you have your suspicions, what you did to confirm them, and why her boyfriend is a worthless piece of garbage. Damn your sisters got quite a catch there. Good luck ..let us know how it pans out.

Even if she get upset. Atleast you told her.. you wouldn't want any thing to happen to her. Cause if this guy needs to lie about being in the Army he may have some deep stuff going on in his mind. It's better to tell her than to not.. Also I'm sure that the ARMY has like a solider locator system like the Maines do. Why don't you call their HQ's and see what poc # they give you. Once you get the Numbers give them to your sister and let her hear for her self.

Why the hell is your sister dating a guy with a Assult charge in the first place? Army or not doesnt matter...because if it happens once, chances are it will again. I've only arrested I dont know how many people on the same A&B charge over and over!

I know we talked in chat last night. Hope you get the information you need today.

IF he is/was in the Army then you might want to do some research on Anger Management and Spousal Abuse. As someone else mentioned, if he's done it before then he's likely to do it again. Maybe she's attracted to the 'bad boy' image. If that's the case then see if you can find a local shelter and let her talk to women who were also once attracted to their local 'bad boy'. Let them tell her the stories. Sadly though. It may just be one of those things she'll have to learn through her own experience. Probably with her thinking, "he may have done it to someone else but he'd never do it to me." As dead wrong as that line of thinking can be. Because some women do end up dead.

Most likely he wasn't ever in service. In that case he made up a lie about not only being in service but probably the current "case" as well. Though he may have some background knowledge of abuse thus why he picked those charges to say he was charged with them. Either way. If he'll lie to her about that then no telling what else he could be lying to her about. For all we know he could be married or have another girl friend. Or just making up that story so he'll have an 'easy out' in a few weeks when he's bored with her. Then again, she may still not believe you. Or if she is convienced with enough information and facts she may find it "sweet" that he was trying to impress her.

Gawd. I'm glad I'm not as young and gullible as I used to be. BTDT X 3. Sadly. It's a pattern. It's hard to break but can be done. As long as she can learn early what to look for and how to avoid it.

Marine Spouse Free Member Tabby's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    thanks angel- i called the army recruiter- actually i called ALL the recruiters and this kid didn't enlist into any branch out of fredericksburg. his myspace account says he's an mp- and that he's making 45-50,000 a year- we just hit that mark and we've been in 4 years, not to mention he's not married so he's not collecting bah and all that trash.

you'd think she would have learned from my mom's relationship with my sperm donor dad- verbal and physical abuse must be her thing though...

all i have to say is wait until i meet him- this kid is gonna go home with a black eye and missing teeth...let's add that to his non existent rap sheet- i need an smilie that rolls it's eyes!

crazy eyes

rolling eyes

twirling eyes
    And since I'm limited to 3 ... I'll have to wait 60 seconds to post the next one.

you and hubby meeting da loser.

No really ... I'm not evil.

tell her that she needs to take a look at the whole story and see ot from someone elses eyes at the problem

Even if he was in the Army, the dirt bag admitted he's getting charged for assault with a deadly weapon and malicious wounding. This sounds like future domestic abuse just itching to happen. He's either a wannabe thug or a pathological liar. Sounds like the pick of the litter to me. Do the big brother thing and beat the crap out of this guy.

Loser

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby
    all i have to say is wait until i meet him- this kid is gonna go home with a black eye and missing teeth...let's add that to his non existent rap sheet- i need an smilie that rolls it's eyes!
    Woo Hoo!! Go for it!! That's what family's for!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby
    thanks angel- i called the army recruiter- actually i called ALL the recruiters and this kid didn't enlist into any branch out of fredericksburg. his myspace account says he's an mp- and that he's making 45-50,000 a year- we just hit that mark and we've been in 4 years, not to mention he's not married so he's not collecting bah and all that trash.

you'd think she would have learned from my mom's relationship with my sperm donor dad- verbal and physical abuse must be her thing though...

Hmmm....

Take him on the side, and explain to him what-all you have found out about him, and tell him that if he joins the Marines, and volunteers for service in Iraq or Afghanistan, you won't drop a dime on him to your sister.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingMan
    Hmmm....

Take him on the side, and explain to him what-all you have found out about him, and tell him that if he joins the Marines, and volunteers for service in Iraq or Afghanistan, you won't drop a dime on him to your sister.
    He has already proven himself unworthy of the Marines and the sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Pialphamu
    He has already proven himself unworthy of the Marines and the sister.
    I don't know about that... I was a pretty big dip**** myself, prior to joining the Marines, and some of the guys who joined with me (the buddy system), and about half the people I went through boot camp with were dip****s too, going in... but by the time boot camp and ITR was over, and we were ready to ship out for Viet Nam, a lot of really amazing transformations had taken place.

A bunch of former luzers, misfits, criminal-types and goofballs had become people I was happy to trust, watching my back.

The Marine Corps really does make men... it's more than just a slogan.

Credits
    Savings
    Yeah, he sounds like a dirtbag

We live like soldiers, talk like sailors and slap the hell out of both of them.

Thread Information