Day in the life of a Marine *video* - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    WhiteRabbit... Please remember to be RESPECTFUL! I don't want to change my tone now! You'd be surprised who you will run into! My Marine Corps is very small. The best way to prove someone wrong is to sit back and say nothing. Actions really do speak louder then words! I actually had Marines that watched me grow up tell me I wouldn't make it past bootcamp or for that matter in the Corp. Now at almost 22 and almost five years later, I am a Sergeant. I made sure to shove it down their faces to when I saw them! OORAH! With that being said you know what you have to do so go out their and do it, okay? Stay moto.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    My apologies about anything I might have said that was disrespectful. I see your points, and frankly, I'm starting to see where your coming from. I suppose we had our meanings misinterpretated. Again I'm sorry about the chaos I caused.

Marine Corps!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Dang, lighten up poolees, that was some funny trash. It's all "one team, one fight," and we have plenty of fun at the expense of the other services too. Take a good joke when you see one.

Definitely funny, though I think those flyboys might have a little too much free time on their hands...

LivinFree you know its expensive to fly the planes... and budgets are tight these days. So, I am sure they spend plenty of time on the ground without much to really do.

I just want to know who let the the "CO" wear their cammies.

Why are everyones panties in a wad?It is just a frikkin' video clip.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

well...

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRabbit
    Accord, don't even start with me. Your opinion means little to nothing to me, as mine should not mean anything to you. But I respect you and whatever your wishes are, and I expect the same in return. If not, then you aren't worth the turd stain on the bottom of my shoe. Who gives you the right to call me out and presume to act as if you know me? Getting yelled at by a Drill Instructor and getting called a wannabe by Marines or poolees are two different aspects entirely. One, you have no choice in the matter, and the other, you hope those that say it will man up and comply. I'm not a Marine, but I still deserve the same damn respect as anyone else on these boards.
    if you don't like being a "wanna-be" then we could refer to you as a "showershoe" since your pre-boot... look kid we've all been there, you'll make it or you wont. but if your whining about being a "wanna-be" I'd suggest finding a new calling

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I laughed too. The funniest thing was the 80's polo shirt and the belt. This is so true.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRabbit
    I also find calling me a wannabe is rude and offensive. I didn't find it funny. I found it disrespectful. If the officers want to laugh, more power to them, but this video is just beyond retardation.
    if you find the term wannabe offensive as a poolee then just wait until you have actaully earned the title but are only referred to by the name boot, as in "hey boot, go buff that deck"

Credits
    Savings
    You fellas need to read my last post. I kind of gotten used to being called a 'wannabe' and my first, initial response to it was because, in my eyes, being called a wannabe is someone who can't hack it. I apologized about it, so please don't bring it up. It was a dumb move on my part to become as defensive as I did.

Do you have a link to a place that has the video for download?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Rabbit, your accepting the fact that your a wannabe, but, in bootcamp, you will be called things that make you feel like the smallest, most non useful POS in the universe. Now, I have talked to a Marine, whom graduated from PI in 04, I believe.... He told me about this one recruit who was being yelled and cursed at by the DI.....and the idiot freaked out and started yelling like a psycho at the DI.....now, if you are JUST starting to accept having the title of wannabe, you need to step it up a bit and JUST ACCEPT IT ALTOGETHER RIGHT NOW! If you dont, you will probably end up pulling something stupid like that one dumb recruit- and even worse, it will get you KILLED in war if you start arguing about verbal crap that shouldnt meen anything to you.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    None of the DI's cursed at the recruits while i was in boot camp. They are not allowed to. Your friend was probably exagerating a little bit.

Cpl Brooks, the DIs weren't allowed to cus at us either. Of course, they did regularly. They also used some non-cuss words that were pretty silly.

Rabbit, you really need to show the Marines on this site a little more respect. It isn't your place to tell them to do anything or what they can and can't talk about. If they want to turn this into a 50 page thread about you not wanting to be called a wannabe, they can do so.

i was disapointed....there was no killing

I chuckled a little bit but first off, I will take a Marine Grunt over some navy flyboy anyday yup, the typical stereotype of a Marine being stupid....oh yeah last time I checked, it was the sailors who were considered gay, not Marines,lol

Thread Information