Could I bring a studio to iraq?
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Could I bring a studio to iraq?

Just like a computer and a keyboard?Im just wondering because my hobby was producing beats..but My dream is to be a USMC..I dont wanna hear that this aint suited for me because If I have to I would drop my producing and become a Marine..Im just wondering.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Ummmm.....

You wont need a studio in Iraq. You need to focus on the mission, not music. Let alone worry about passing boot camp first. Cant be a Marine in Iraq if you arent a Marine in the first place.

Travis

You should focus on completing boot camp before you ponder about iraq.

Talk to a local recruiter he will help you out more than we will.

You can take a laptop. But quit worrying about that stupid **** , and earn the title first.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    OH GOOD LORD! Take a laptop to Iraq? Sure kid, take it, I'm sure your fellow Marines would LOVE for you to come up with some really good $h!t with bullets and bombs as background.

Ok, seriously. Just stay out of the Marine Corps. You haven't even earned the title, but you wanna play DJ in Iraq?? You're gonna get someone killed. Go join a frat, watch mtv all day, and stop wasting our time with bogus questions like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kildars
    You should focus on completing boot camp before you ponder about iraq.
    I agree to that

Credits
    Savings
    As many Marines on this site will tell you, when asking Poolee questions, Do not put the cart in front of the horse (Don't get ahead of yourself.) You will have PLENTY of time to think about what you are going to take to Iraq, if you even get deployed. It is foolish to be writing retirement speeches in the middle of your Poolee meetings.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I doubt that many people would enjoy making music after they've either A.) Seen/been involved in a situation where someone was killed, B.) Killed someone or C.) All of the above.... and I would think that your fellow Marines would not be happy with what you call mixing music on the battlefield; I believe your fellow Marines may refer to it as "Sniper Bait".... Personally, when I become a Marine, If I get sent to war....Id rather spend every precious second focusing and being serious and alert, whether or not I am in a combat zone/firefight- I think many would agree with me when I say that sh*t can happen anywhere, and it probably wouldnt be too fun if your caught off guard in a war.... just my 2 cents

Credits
    Savings
    In coming to this man's defense, perhaps he was thinking of being sent to Iraq and being in a holding station or whatever you call them. If he's not with his main assault unit, or even if he's in the rear with the gear as a mech head or tech guy, he could create music to satiate the stress and feel at ease with himself after a tough day's work.

You guys judge too quickly, even though I agree with what all of you said. Personally, I'm going for 0300 and, just speculating and pondering upon the fact that, if I do get sent to Iraq, I'd bring a small iPod or something to listen to when I'm not in any major assault or even a minor one. If the main would move up ahead, or if I'm stuck with the main, or even if I'm awaiting deployment to another sector of combat, a 3 minute song won't make a difference when awaiting orders in a tent.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You would be surprised whiterabbit - if you got something stuck in your ears you could miss out on someone giving you explicit instructions. THAT will get you or somebody else killed for sure. Sing to yourself, if you have to, or STAY OUT OF THE CORPS!

Yeah, you should worry about earning the title first. Hahahah, by the time you become a Marine, the Operation of Iraqi Freedom is over. At that time we should face with North Korea, or Iran.

White Rabbit WTF are you talking about? You sound like youve been watching too many old war movies. Dude , every Marine brings an IPOD. Thats not the point . The point is you have got to be focused on your mission. If you dont focus , its not only your dumbass that get killed but you potentially place the lives of your Marines in danger. You havent even signed the papers to go in the dep and already picking out what cool songs to listen to while "waiting to move to another sector of battle". Im telling you right now, figure out why you want to be a Marine and understand that its not some little game that you cant stop playing whenever it becomes to stressful or its not fun anymore.

I think someone is a little confused about what operations in Iraq look like. This isn't a division assault on a beachhead. It is small unit patrols. It amazes me that someone would even think of listening to an IPOD when they are off the base. What you hear can be an important as what you see. You don't want something in your ears screwing that up. And, I hear that more and more people are wearing hearing protection while on patrol. That would eliminate the possibility of listening to an IPOD while on patrol. Things like the laptop or an IPOD are best used when you're sitting in your pod only concerned about mortar attacks and the like. OF COURSE, your NCOs will be in a position to keep you from doing anything too dumb, so it isn't really something to be concerned with.

Thread Information