Troops Recalled - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Troops Recalled

Credits
    Savings
    eddief you joined in 1988 and you are still a LCpl? Bwahaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaa!!

lol...ouch!

gunnydi,
    I think you are the one who's missed the point. Every member of the U.S. Armed Forces is a Volunteer. They volunteered for whatever duty and assignment they are given from the day they step on the yellow footprints on. They sign an 8 year contract, 3, 4, 5, or 6 years Active Duty depending on the Branch of Service and Contract Obligations and the remainder of the obligation in the Individual Ready Reserve (IRR). They Volunteered whether they want to come back or not. It was thoroughly explained that when they are in the IRR they are subject to recall based on the needs of the Marine Corps and the needs of the Nation.
    I'm currently in the Fleet Marine Corps Reserve (FMCR). I gave the Marine Corps and this country 20 years of my life. I retired 5 years ago however the Marine Corps reserves the right to recall me to Active Duty until 2011. I update my address with them every time I move. I stand ready to put my Uniform back on at any time. It's my Duty, My Priveledge and my Responsibility! One for which I volunteered, one for which I have no Regrets!

Oooooo******rah Gunny!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ROHO
    eddief you joined in 1988 and you are still a LCpl? Bwahaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaa!!
    No, I'm a PFC (Private ****ing Civilian) you pogue.

Yeah, I was a 4 year Lance Corporal. The Suck ****ed me out of my corporal stripes. I was a double digit midget short-timer and they wouldn't give me what I rated unless I re-upped. I told them to stick their corporal chevrons where the sun don't shine.

Quote Originally Posted by eddief
    No, I'm a PFC (Private ****ing Civilian) you pogue.

Yeah, I was a 4 year Lance Corporal. The Suck ****ed me out of my corporal stripes. I was a double digit midget short-timer and they wouldn't give me what I rated unless I re-upped. I told them to stick their corporal chevrons where the sun don't shine.
    Apparently eddief you still haven't learned. You sound like you were a turd and still are a turd.

Credits
    Savings
    Naw, I don't buy it either. Still an E-3 with 99 days or less. Where's Paul Harvey when we need him, and his 'The Rest of The Story'?

Lot's of Marines remained E-4 for 4, and some got the 3rd stripe, BUT, it was many a ****bird who remained an E-3.

E-1 or E-2 after 4, they had generally got busted a few times. At least they we doing something. Do a search on Mike Clausen, MOH, Vietnam. Check out his rank.

And one other thing, my Brother Marine, the Marine Corps didn't suck, doesn't suck and won't suck.

BTW - Sorry to have gotten so far off the subject of the thread. I'm not trying to be macho or anything here, but I sorely regret the day I didn't re-up and if called up NOW, even in a training position or whatever, I'd do so proudly.

Quote Originally Posted by bigalholmes165
    Naw, I don't buy it either. Still an E-3 with 99 days or less. Where's Paul Harvey when we need him, and his 'The Rest of The Story'?

Lot's of Marines remained E-4 for 4, and some got the 3rd stripe, BUT, it was many a ****bird who remained an E-3.

E-1 or E-2 after 4, they had generally got busted a few times. At least they we doing something. Do a search on Mike Clausen, MOH, Vietnam. Check out his rank.

And one other thing, my Brother Marine, the Marine Corps didn't suck, doesn't suck and won't suck.

BTW - Sorry to have gotten so far off the subject of the thread. I'm not trying to be macho or anything here, but I sorely regret the day I didn't re-up and if called up NOW, even in a training position or whatever, I'd do so proudly.

I wasn't a ****bird. I'm telling the truth about what the Corps did concerning my promotion. If you don't believe it it's no skin off my back.

And I refer to the Corps as "the Suck" in the most endearing way. I loved the Corps but I also hated it at times as well.

Grunt life sucked at times but you wouldn't know anything about that, air winger.

Quote Originally Posted by jebollenbach
    Apparently eddief you still haven't learned. You sound like you were a turd and still are a turd.
    I got out of the Corps because of hardass SOBs like you.

Credits
    Savings
    Grunt life sucked at times but you wouldn't know anything about that, air winger.

Originally Posted by jebollenbach

I got out of the Corps because of hardass SOBs like you.

Great, now the true you comes along.

You win. You're the better man. It's so sad that hardass SOBs and Wingers cause you such distress.

I looked at your profile. It says that Anthony Swofford is your 'Favorite Marine'. After reading that, there is nothing more for me to say.

You win. You're the better man. It's so sad that hardass SOBs and Wingers cause you such distress.

I looked at your profile. It says that Anthony Swofford is your 'Favorite Marine'. After reading that, there is nothing more for me to say.
    It's a joke. I know how most of you guys feel about him. I thought it would be a good laugh for you guys.

My real favorite Marine is Smedley Butler. I admire the way he acknowledged that the banana wars he participated in were for corporate profits and not freedom, and how he stopped some fascists who wanted to overthrow FDR.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyL
    gunnydi,
    I think you are the one who's missed the point. Every member of the U.S. Armed Forces is a Volunteer. They volunteered for whatever duty and assignment they are given from the day they step on the yellow footprints on. They sign an 8 year contract, 3, 4, 5, or 6 years Active Duty depending on the Branch of Service and Contract Obligations and the remainder of the obligation in the Individual Ready Reserve (IRR). They Volunteered whether they want to come back or not. It was thoroughly explained that when they are in the IRR they are subject to recall based on the needs of the Marine Corps and the needs of the Nation.
    I'm currently in the Fleet Marine Corps Reserve (FMCR). I gave the Marine Corps and this country 20 years of my life. I retired 5 years ago however the Marine Corps reserves the right to recall me to Active Duty until 2011. I update my address with them every time I move. I stand ready to put my Uniform back on at any time. It's my Duty, My Priveledge and my Responsibility! One for which I volunteered, one for which I have no Regrets!
    I couldn't agree with you more, Gunny. Even though I got out in '87, if the phone rang and the Corps asked me to come back, I'd be on the first plane out. We may have left the Marine Corps daily life and go on to other endeavers, but we have never truly left the Corps.

You're not causing any distress. I'm having fun with you guys. I can dish it out and take it.

Or do you just expect me to roll over and take your insults without firing back at ya?

Okay,
    Enough of the name calling! I think that some of you have gotten off the original post and taken this somewhere it didn't need to go.
    eddief, the Marine Corps only gets so many slots for promotions and no unit is going to waste a Corporal slot on somebody who is a double digit midget to use your phrase and lose that slot right after filling it. The Marine Corps takes care of the Marine Corps and if you had no intention of staying in then that slot went to someone who would benefit the unit and the Corps. The "Suck" as you like to refer to the Corps didn't blank you out of your promotion.
    As for calling somebody a sh**bird because they got out as a LCpl is uncalled for. I have friends who came in as Privates and got out as Privates who never had a bad word to say about the Corps. One of them was a DJ at a popular establishment in Chicago and I can tell you that no Marine entering that establishment in Uniform ever paid for their own drink when he was on duty. He loved the Corps even though he wasn't probably the best Marine. I also know a lot of Marines who got out after 4 years as LCpl's who were not ****birds, there were just no promotions in their MOS's because of Marine Corps manpower decisions where they downsized the MOS but didn't get rid of any of the SNCO's and NCO's so it inverted the Pyramid that the Marine Corps tries to maintain with regards to the Rank structure. Promotions in the Infantry are not very fast and it's extremely competitive to re-enlist into the Infantry field. Don't ever judge someone based on their rank unless you know the whole story.
    eddief, back to you; "Anthony Swaford"? Really? Somebody tried to loan me that book; I read the first three pages, handed it back to him and told him I didn't need a ****bird Lance Corporals opinion of the Marine Corps. He, I can tell you was a ****bird based on his own statements and that only took me three pages. Never read the rest of the book and never saw the movie. Listing him as your favorite Marine does kind of put you in the company of ****birds so if Smedley Butler is your man, I'd change my profile if I were you.

Semper Fi!

Recall is BS

I see what the Gunny is saying. Some-one somewhere is lying about the needs being met and then recalling those who chose to get out instead of re-upping. The numbers aren't matching up. Some-one has taken the stick and ran it to a point that there is a enlistment problem adn they are lying about it. Like that never occurred before. it isn't like the ones being called back have a real option of coming back or staying out. The fine print of the contract they signed covered that. But those who chose to get out and not stay in shouldn't have to be recalled. If the numbers that we as the public are given are the true numbers that are enlisting then there are more than enough bodies to fill the boat spaces. Another idea is to get those who are dodging the deployments, like at Camp Johnson and Camp Geiger, and send them into the Zones under the boat spaces that are in desperate need. But as the Guuny said there is lying being done, and I don't care how patriotic you are, the truth needs to come out. Tell the public where he problems lay and find a solution, other than lying to the poolees to get tehem in, to solve it. This manatory recall is just a way of covering up another lie from the Bush Administration. Donald Rumsfeld has not met his quota in either War Zone and President Bush is again in Michael Jackson's Fantasyland. when there are 1/2 Dozen Retired Generals and most of the house and senate calling for Rumsfeld's head and Bush does nothing, that onlty says one thing...He doesn't care about what Americans think and he doesn't care about America. He sends Billions to other Countries for thier benefit while the Social Securityt Problem hasn't been dealt with. Now he wants Americans to stand up and rejoice like puppets on a string beause of a BS recall that shouldn't be needed if the enlistment numbers are being met. Open your eyes please and notice that Bush has ran America into the dirt and is willing to leave to the next few presidents to fix his mistakes. he doesn't deserve the Presidency nor does he deserve any thing else other than Enpeachment for his conduct while President.

Thread Information