Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Registered User Free Member jakebrown1's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Originally posted by firstsgtmike
    It's MY question. YOU answer it.
    I'm thinkin, I'm thinkin.

Originally posted by Joyce
    Yes the answer is cultural. If you think about it, you aren't really describing a gender thing. In other countries, they don't have a draft. They just demand their men sign up. When they run out of men, they use kids. Women make new babies or they would use more of them. In china in the old times they used to kill the female babies if they had enough woman on the farm, go on to have more Sons to work the farm. In other countries the human life isn't revered like we do it here. The first clue is the fact we can choose for ourselves how we want our lives to be. I am only 5' 2". I weigh about 115 lbs. I joined the corps because my FATHER told me that he didn't want his daughters to rely on other people to do things for them in their lives. The same thing he would have told his Son if he had one. There lies the difference in our women. Do you know how many women around me think they just can't do it? Don't feel bad about sitting by the side of the road waiting for another person to fix a flat tire? Even in this day and age you can see a woman on her cell phone waiting next to the vehicle waiting!! As parents we are training our future soldiers. Theres an issue! I know my daughter isn't going to get married and hope he has a great career. She was really proud of her mother at school because I was the only Mother there not ashamed to drive a concrete truck for a living. A very good job without a college education. I make more money than most women my age who work as secretaries. Oh but how our society looks down on things to this day. My parents are still old fashioned to a bit. They were impressed I could be in the Marines and serve my country. They were disappointed I was in the motor transport field. They were happy I am making a good living as a Concrete driver for a big company that pays for my medical insurance. The are disappointed that I am doing a "mans" job. Which as we all know.... If you want to make a mans wage, you probably should do the job!!
    You are Unique Marine. As you stated, some women expect/wait for assistance, rather than being independent and as self-sufficient as possible. Also as you state. You are doing a "mans" job. I want to commend You Marine. You are also doing a "Womans" job, by taking care of and raising your off-spring with your values. I respect people like you for your courage, strength and persistence in the struggle of living a productive, useful life in these times where many people are perfectly happy to take advantage of others and Our/American welfare systems.

Independence is more than a State of Mind. It is also the Strength of Purpose and Personal Pride we Achieve from being a Productive Part Of Our Society.

Semper Fidelis, Marine

Originally posted by wrbones
    It was a troll question! Come on folks. Yer givin' 'im what he wants!
    It was not a troll question. It was a question. And your right, they did give me what I asked for, opinions. Thank you everyone for sharing with me.

WELCOME ABOARD

Joyce

I have to talk to my Sgt....You snuck in undeceted......LOL....

WELCOME ABOARD
    Welcome Aboard to the Best Marine Site on the net. Also welcome to your home away from home................
    We have a great crew of Marines in here from WW II to the present............
    Throw your sea bag in a corner, pull up a footlocker, sit and chat awhile.........Get a chance stop over at the Slope Chute, Gary and I will buy you a few drinks........But watch out for Chesty.......likes his beer, only dog I found could open a beer can........LOL

"AGAIN WELCOME ABOARD."

Sempers,

Roger

Registered User Free Member leroy8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Where were the firewatches and the duty Nco!!!

Joyce you have absolutely snuck right in, and fit like a glove another valuable asset to the company or should I say the regiment over 3500 members, welcome aboard I have enjoyed your posts. keep up the nice work I am looking forward to reading more of your posts marine. I see you have already stowed your gear grabbed a beer and met chesty in the shute I think we have a water walker here.

Well thanks. Just couldn't pass up the chance to voice my 2 cents worth. Can't let everyone else have all the fun, now can we?!!
    Yep my gear is stored, chesty likes his belly scratched, (and I know how), and what is a water walker? I have been out for a while....lol

Registered User Free Member Barrio_rat's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Originally posted by leroy8541
    ...another valuable asset to the company or should I say the regiment over 3500 members...
    Regiment? I thought this was a MAG unit?

Hey Bones... they been lyin to us again!

Hahahahahaha

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    Maybe were a reinforced BLT....

With wings along to take up space on the Hanger Deck

Registered User Free Member JChristin's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I think it's ridiculous to have men in the finest branch of the military. Look at what they have done: The War of Independence, The War of 1812, The War between the States, The Great War, World War II, Korea, Vietnam... to name a few. Now, who do you suppose caused these conficts? Who do you think where the primary fighters in these wars? Who did the planning and excution of orders? uhmmm... from what I have read in my history books it was men. Who wrote most of the books I read in school? uhmmmm... must of been,,,oh no...not again...men!

Men are so much fun to observe. They even write about themselves and name themselves as the ones who just can never get it right the first time; let alone any of the time. But most of them are not at fault, they just seem to be born that way. Naturally incapable of developing a manner of living that requires honesty.

Sounds like you poor boys have had a tough go of things, especially since man ever first declared war against who? Himself!

I think it's about time that the fewer and the prouder step in and clean up the mess. Woman appear throughout all of history to be cleaning up the mess created by who? Men!

If any of you poorly informed male Marines out there think you area a challenge for this old Woman Marine. GOOD LUCK. WISHFUL THINKING. Go read your history.

Semper fi

Earle Comstock
    Guest Free Member
    Ok , so there is a use for you women . Grab a bucket and mop and get started .

Credits
    Savings
    True there, Earle. Maybe the Marines should do like the Army and Air Force and have co-ed Boot Camp. I know we could never get the squad bay cleaned right. Maybe we just needed some women to swab the deck and wash the cammies. Would give the male recruits time to clean their weapons properly.

Regiment? Damn! We get to go hikin and campin and get paid for ti! OOOO-RAH!

No more 20 hour days of living and eatin in greasy, grimy uniforms and coveralls!

Yeah! I like it!

I ain't pickin' on that woman Marine! What? Ya think I'm crazy! LOL.

Credits
    Savings
    BAWK BAWK BAWK....

Hahahahahahaha

Registered User Free Member leroy8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    yep, she bites !!! just kidding J!!!!

Registered User Free Member JChristin's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Originally posted by Earle Comstock
    [
    Cpl Commie:rambo: Kill A Commie For Mommy :rambo: [/B]
    Don't kill a "commie" for this mommy! This mommy will kill her own commie! Trained like ANY OTHER MARINE and ready to fire her own M16A2.

There are many male Marines I have meant over the years that I would "sutter" at the thought of sending to the front lines. There are some women Marines I wouldn't want to serve with on the front lines neither. But then again, there are a few good male Marines and a lot more female Marines I would trust to watch me back and spend any amount of time with, under any condition to meet any circumstance - on the front lines of war or at home - and feel good.

The finest military branch of the world, nay, of all recorded history, will change. Sixty years ago women serving in the Marine Corps didn't even attend boot camp. They weren't even called Marines. Marinettes! Oh please. Times have changed and so has the United States Marine Corps. As men become better endowed (intellectually) and their false sense of what it takes to be "macho" changes; and it is no longer regarded as "manly" to put down another person down due to their gender in order to build their own identity up, that will be a grand day indeed. But it takes a man who is secure within himself to admit that. Not some chicken $hit who is so insecure within himself that all he can do is to tear down women and other minorities in order to feel superior about himself.

In these forums, I read a few of my fellow Marines expressing themselves so well and fluently. It upgrades my faith in male Marines. Others, well, as long as there is breath in the body there is always hope! There is always a 12 step group for those who have the natural inability to be honest with themselves.

Semper Fi

Thread Information