Female general takes over Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    repy to danjate1:
    You said "Not to say that all WM's are like this, but all the one's I've known have had it really easy, and screwed there way into getting things and places. I forgot who said it earlier, but the General should be in P.I.. Maybe they should have tested the waters in P.I. first to see hoe it goes w/ the females. Although, time will only tell.
    Respect is something Earned not Given!!! Semper Fi!!!"

First of all: you must not have met many female marines.
    Second: Male marine screw up MORE than female marines... I worked in legal, so I know.
    Third: There's a lot you don't know about that General and you should research before you run your mouth... BGen Salinas WAS COMMANDER OF PI before she became Commander of the whole 12th Marine Corps District!
    Last: SHE'S A FREAKIN' GENERAL... THEY DON'T JUST HAND THOSE STARS OUT LIKE CANDY... SHE DESERVES YOUR RESPECT, AND SHE COULD PROBABLY KICK YOUR ASS.

As far as your "respect is earned not given" comment... female marines know that, they have to work twice as hard for half the respect... male marines are the ones who think they're king of the world the day they walk off the parade deck... wm's know their whole career is going to be a battle to get respect out of sexist *******s.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CorpsLife
    r... BGen Salinas WAS COMMANDER OF PI before she became Commander of the whole 12th Marine Corps District!
    Having written previously on this thread in favor of BGen Salinas, I should point out that she was not "Commander of PI" at any time. According to her official USMC general officer bio, she was a female recruit series commander, a company XO, battalion ops officer, then later in her career was CO of the 4th Recruit Training Bn. A couple of pay grades removed from being in charge of PI.

However, she now has those pay grades and will be in command of San Diego. It seems to me, her recruit training experience added to her recruiting experience, makes BGen Salinas a well balanced selection to be the boss at either coast's recruit depot/recruiting district.

I understand that the Corps is beginning a program to only assign officers who have experience as at least recruit series/company commanders to be training battalion, RTR, and depot commanders. This is an officer equivilent of only prior DIs being assigned to recruit training Bn and RTR slots as 1stSgts and SgtMajs.

Basically if an officer doesn't have their equivilent of a "Hat", they don't see a senior recruit training command slot. BGen Salinas may be an early highly qualified assignment in this program.

Thread Information