Marine Corp Relationships
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Marine Corp Relationships

I have a friend who said that the corp discourages marines from dating other marines.

is this true? and if so why?

There's no official policy on it, but I'm sure there are Marines who would advise against dating other Marines you work with. Just for obvious reasons. The only time Marines are legally not allowed to date is a superior and a junior Marine. That's fraternization. But there's nothing wrong with dating another Marine. I'm dating one.

superior to junior Marine. Is that like SSgt with PFC. Or is it officers with enlisteed Marines?

Quote Originally Posted by TSchultz
    superior to junior Marine. Is that like SSgt with PFC. Or is it officers with enlisteed Marines?
    Both. Officers and enlisted can never date. And NCOs can't date Pvts, PFCs and LCpls.

Pvt- PFC- LCPL
    CPL-SGT
    SSGT- and the rest of the senior enlisted.

Officers are always a no go. Otherwise those are your peer groups.

Wow...this thread could go on for days. Everyone is going to have something to say. I married a Marine, and i think it would be best if i just said nothing at all!

Talking

Please understand.
    1. The prob with marriage in the Corps is multi pronged.
    A. Mental stability(worrie about wife not mission)
    B. Long term seperation issues
    C. High risk Op issues
    D. Dear John- Jane issues
    I would not want the Marine that is watching the door to be thinking of his honey and Jimmy when I am going into a Snatch and Grab
    THE PROBLEM WITH RANK ISSUES HAVE TO DO WITH JOB ASSIGNMENTS
    AND MATTER OF RESPECT/ CURTESY
    Do not fratenise with the under ranking personel
    Just my opinion
    Cpl B

Cpl, wouldn't it be like that for all married guys? Doesn't matter if their wife is a WM or not in my opinion. They're gonna think about them regardless.

Talking INTER SERVICE realtionships

This is a complex question. Strike Force out of Fallon is asked not to be entertaining the idea of long term realtionships period. Due to high risk those boys risk their lives every time they climb into a cockpit and know they lose as many if not more planes in training than combat. The real problem is a simple senerio.
    1) I have a Dart team or a R team. My best point Marine is my wife......do i send her on a high risk snoop and poop???
    2) I am in Iraq with a striker style Squad my wife is in Afganasten working the Boarder with Pakistan.
    Would you want to be the Co in charge of either situation? I hope not. Lives are lost more to inaction than action.
    Just my Opinion.
    Cpl B

Please understand it is no better with out of service realtionships. I choose to re-up in '89 knowing my realtionship at home could not stand the stress of being gone for long periods of time. The Corps will always be my real family
    Cpl B

Do not mean to offend. I only know from personel experience. In my situation as I have stated.
    Cpl B

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotGirl422
    Both. Officers and enlisted can never date. And NCOs can't date Pvts, PFCs and LCpls.
    Yup that's what they say I've been around alot of officers in my time in the Corp. and they look past the stripes,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Littledrumerboy
    I have a friend who said that the corp discourages marines from dating other marines.

is this true? and if so why?
    there are people who have great relationships but i must say all the pain in misery i have recieved has been from some WM saying saomething .. lots of page 11's from stupid **** i was actually jsut thinking of one i sent an email calling her a ***** yada yada and some ***** running around the bks ****ing others and she went and cried to a sgt major and here i am getting some page 11 PLUS saying im misusing govt computers and of course i didnt sign it and told sgtmaj that it was her opening private email at work and i have my own computer at home from wehre i sent.

This is jsut one of the many stories though i have met some cool ones but its easier to just keep them far away and you will be better off and if you get lonely on a deployment well i suggest you put some lipstick on ur hand and just rub one off cuz seriously they are trouble.

TROUBLE!!!!

Thread Information