The United Nations - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by marinegreen
    Ooooo brother pleeezzzz, surely you jest ??? Lets cut the crap how we owe some race for something that happened 141 yrs ago, they have as all kids have the same chance at good grades as joechit the ragman does. What your all for arbritration tooo ?? where are we to get all this $$ for this ????. You know how many kids get free scholarships and only have 9th grade mentality, and after there college days are back on the streets. Why should my kid who busted her lil azz studing because I told her,honey if you study hard and get good grades you can get a scholship to some of the finer colleges only to see her hopes dashed and watch as nothing but sports scholships were handed out, GIMME A FUQING BREAK !!! I guess thats why other countries are kicking our kids azz'es academically cuz edumication comes 1st. DONT GET ME WRONG..........I love my sports and yes I like to see athletic scholships handed out,but give it to those who have decent grades though and quit using that whoaaaaa is me attitude, I r not smart enough to study and apply myself so things should just be handed to me.
    I can not apologize for 300 years for actions my countries forefathers made. You will not find any ancestor of mine enslaving anybody. In 300 years time will my ancestors then be able to get back from the blacks and the whites for this new atrocity of forcing me and my offspring to pay the way. Forget it. It is in the past. It was unfortunate but you can not right the wrong to those who are not around anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by greensideout
    Ok, one last time. Your profile picture looks to be a German Mauser 98 action. Is there a message that you are sending with that or was it just some random pull off of the net? Do you enjoy the study of firearms prehaps? Maybe you are a gunsmith as well as a teacher. If so, I would like to swap stories.

Back to the subject. The UN is such a joke that the world community most likely laughs at the crooks. They are powerless in any and every conflict that they have tried to suck money from. It is time for the US to step forward and get something done---just exactly what President Bush and Israel are doing now!
    The Brits are in the fight and I give those troops my support as well!
    Howdy,

Good get on the Mauser action. Being a red-blooded American male, I like armaments. We can swap stories in that realm if you like. I'd be happy to.

Bush and Blair stood up on their high horses and said "We have to go into Iraq because of the WMDs." Iraq did not have WMDs, and it diverted a river of resources, wealth, allies, and the blood of our soldiers, that would have been better spent, and probably less lethal, fighting terrorism (Iraq didn't have a darn thing to do with terrorism). Despite the heinous crime of wasting these resources, and losing the goodwill of all of moderate and civilized people that went into our "bank account" after 9/11, we can get on the road to repair the needless damage, but only if we elect better leaders.

Israel's invasion of South Lebanon has its roots in the establishment of the State of Israel. Since their founding, they have periodically had to fight to preserve their existence. It is only right. Supporting them is only right. Please do not put Bush in the same league as the leaders in Israel. He doesn't deserve it.

The UN is the only global body representing the majority (if not all) of the nations of the world under one roof, who are tasked with a Mission Statement that, in my opinion, deserves full support, and dogged determination, faith and support to keep the world on a sane track, and never giving up on it. Never. Here is the Preamble to the UN Charter:

"WE THE PEOPLES OF THE UNITED NATIONS DETERMINED
    to save succeeding generations from the scourge of war, which twice in our lifetime has brought untold sorrow to mankind, and
    to reaffirm faith in fundamental human rights, in the dignity and worth of the human person, in the equal rights of men and women and of nations large and small, and

to establish conditions under which justice and respect for the obligations arising from treaties and other sources of international law can be maintained, and

to promote social progress and better standards of life in larger freedom,

AND FOR THESE ENDS
    to practice tolerance and live together in peace with one another as good neighbours, and

to unite our strength to maintain international peace and security, and

to ensure, by the acceptance of principles and the institution of methods, that armed force shall not be used, save in the common interest, and

to employ international machinery for the promotion of the economic and social advancement of all peoples,..."

--------
    This works for me. It's like the Catholic Church. There are morons there who screw it up for many, but the core is still a solid one. It's like a drunk staggering from one side of the road to the other on his way home. It is okay to condem the drunk, but not okay to condem the way home. The UN is the way to a truly civilized world. I'm for it, even if it takes a thousand years to get it right.

Respectfully,
    Ladderwell :=)

Ooooo brother pleeezzzz, surely you jest ??? Lets cut the crap how we owe some race for something that happened 141 yrs ago, they have as all kids have the same chance at good grades as joechit the ragman does. What your all for arbritration tooo ?? where are we to get all this $$ for this ????. You know how many kids get free scholarships and only have 9th grade mentality, and after there college days are back on the streets. Why should my kid who busted her lil azz studing because I told her,honey if you study hard and get good grades you can get a scholship to some of the finer colleges only to see her hopes dashed and watch as nothing but sports scholships were handed out, GIMME A FUQING BREAK !!! I guess thats why other countries are kicking our kids azz'es academically cuz edumication comes 1st. DONT GET ME WRONG..........I love my sports and yes I like to see athletic scholships handed out,but give it to those who have decent grades though and quit using that whoaaaaa is me attitude, I r not smart enough to study and apply myself so things should just be handed to me.
    There is balance in the universe. Proverbs are loaded with examples. Willingly or unwillingly, this country, needs to come back in balance by "paying for its past sins. Affirmative Action was an attempt to correct three hundred years of living off the blood and backs of enslaved people. Gutting it in the few decades it was in effect was another sin. We cannot be selfish, and shouldn't cry "foul" when the shoe is on the other foot. To the 20,000,000 Black people in this country, it must seem odd to hear us complain as we do, especially when the same kind of "good folks" permitted lynchings by the thousand, rape of slave-women, breaking up families by selling off parents, spouses, and children, and thinking "it's okay." Doing the math, thinking "it's okay," just doesn't add up on my calculator.

Anyway, that's what I've learned growing up, being taught by a man who witnessed enough of man's inhumanity to man in WWII, and who taught me to stand up for what is right, and to do so as best I can, and also to think, study, and learn as much as I can about racial and bigotry-issues to understand where we have been, and my responsibility for where we are going.

Respectfully,

There is balance in the universe. Proverbs are loaded with examples. Willingly or unwillingly, this country, needs to come back in balance by "paying for its past sins. Affirmative Action was an attempt to correct three hundred years of living off the blood and backs of enslaved people. Gutting it in the few decades it was in effect was another sin. We cannot be selfish, and shouldn't cry "foul" when the shoe is on the other foot. To the 20,000,000 Black people in this country, it must seem odd to hear us complain as we do, especially when the same kind of "good folks" permitted lynchings by the thousand, rape of slave-women, breaking up families by selling off parents, spouses, and children, and thinking "it's okay." Doing the math, thinking "it's okay," just doesn't add up on my calculator.

Anyway, that's what I've learned growing up, being taught by a man who witnessed enough of man's inhumanity to man in WWII, and who taught me to stand up for what is right, and to do so as best I can, and also to think, study, and learn as much as I can about racial and bigotry-issues to understand where we have been, and my responsibility for where we are going.

Respectfully,

Respectfully,

or my forefathers were slaves and therefore you owe us for the next 159 yrs,thats right 159,its been 141 and some say we should be owed for 300 yrs. I guess from here on out,our govt should just say,if you are a decendant of slaves you dont bother appling yourselfs for the next 159 yrs,wait until after that time frame. Then our govt can say to the Indians,OK yer next,heres all your land back that we took from you,then it'll be the Mexicans,then we'll be paying back the Japs for kicking there azz'es in a war that they started,then we'll have to payback the germans for kicking there azz'es, I mean lets get real, yer almost making me feel like a minority,hey wait a min. I like that, guess my govt owes me too then huh ??? MG, SF

The best analogy for Affirmative Action is to finally let people get into the game, or get into the batter's box, or get onto the playing field. Affirmative Action was and is needed because without it, racism and bigotry would keep the decendants (sic) of slaves out of the game. They were able to get a chance that would not otherwise been provided or permitted. What's right is right. The Christianity I was taught ingrained "love thy neighbor as thyself." it also required me to settle up my debts to others before showing up at the communion rail.
    Respectfully,
    Dave

or my forefathers were slaves and therefore you owe us for the next 159 yrs,thats right 159,its been 141 and some say we should be owed for 300 yrs. I guess from here on out,our govt should just say,if you are a decendant of slaves you dont bother appling yourselfs for the next 159 yrs,wait until after that time frame. Then our govt can say to the Indians,OK yer next,heres all your land back that we took from you,then it'll be the Mexicans,then we'll be paying back the Japs for kicking there azz'es in a war that they started,then we'll have to payback the germans for kicking there azz'es, I mean lets get real, yer almost making me feel like a minority,hey wait a min. I like that, guess my govt owes me too then huh ??? MG, SF

The best analogy for Affirmative Action is to finally let people get into the game, or get into the batter's box, or get onto the playing field. Affirmative Action was and is needed because without it, racism and bigotry would keep the decendants (sic) of slaves out of the game. They were able to get a chance that would not otherwise been provided or permitted. What's right is right. The Christianity I was taught ingrained "love thy neighbor as thyself." it also required me to settle up my debts to others before showing up at the communion rail.
    Respectfully,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by rktect3j
    I can not apologize for 300 years for actions my countries forefathers made. You will not find any ancestor of mine enslaving anybody. In 300 years time will my ancestors then be able to get back from the blacks and the whites for this new atrocity of forcing me and my offspring to pay the way. Forget it. It is in the past. It was unfortunate but you can not right the wrong to those who are not around anymore.

That's like saying. This country is living on the ill-gotten goods produced by slaves. We weakend the race and its decendants (sic), to the point that without help, they will forever remain weak. We've got to pay it back. Affirmative Action was a way of doing so which spread the pain and sacrafice (sic) that needs to be made to make things right again.
    Respectfully,
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ladderwell
    That's like saying. This country is living on the ill-gotten goods produced by slaves. We weakend the race and its decendants (sic), to the point that without help, they will forever remain weak. We've got to pay it back. Affirmative Action was a way of doing so which spread the pain and sacrafice (sic) that needs to be made to make things right again.
    Respectfully,
    Semper Fi

So what your telling us is,that you deprived your children any of lifes pleasures cuz you feel you owe someone for something that is as old as dirt as far as history goes. Dont get me wrong, I have friends from alot of different cultures but I dont owe anybody chit, not a friggen thing was handed to me,my parents came up eating beans and maccoroni morning noon and nite during the depression so nothing was given to us and when me or 1 of my brothers fuqed up we all got it.If'en yer thinking people need to be owed,then our govt owes our parents parents for making them loose everything they worked for.Lets cut with the bleeding heart crap and move forward and make A new,better history.As long as peeps keep crying about slavery it'll never move forward and there will always be hate so dont start thump';en the bible stuff about christianity. I give my fair share in donations to different organizations and do it with great pride but,I 'll be damned if I give a dime to somebody who thinks I owe them cuz our forefathers inslaved there ancestors,I would think in some small way they would be happy things turned out for the better for them,they could be living in a 3rd world who's daily exsistance is a struggle,aids,disease,No water, poor medical,No schools,teachers, blah,blah,blah, and to really sound like a jerk,If they think its so rough for them here, head back across the pond and rebuild. MG >>SF

So what your telling us is,that you deprived your children any of lifes pleasures cuz you feel you owe someone for something that is as old as dirt as far as history goes. Dont get me wrong, I have friends from alot of different cultures but I dont owe anybody chit, not a friggen thing was handed to me,my parents came up eating beans and maccoroni morning noon and nite during the depression so nothing was given to us and when me or 1 of my brothers fuqed up we all got it.If'en yer thinking people need to be owed,then our govt owes our parents parents for making them loose everything they worked for.Lets cut with the bleeding heart crap and move forward and make A new,better history.As long as peeps keep crying about slavery it'll never move forward and there will always be hate so dont start thump';en the bible stuff about christianity. I give my fair share in donations to different organizations and do it with great pride but,I 'll be damned if I give a dime to somebody who thinks I owe them cuz our forefathers inslaved there ancestors,I would think in some small way they would be happy things turned out for the better for them,they could be living in a 3rd world who's daily exsistance is a struggle,aids,disease,No water, poor medical,No schools,teachers, blah,blah,blah, and to really sound like a jerk,If they think its so rough for them here, head back across the pond and rebuild. MG >>SF
    Even when our parents and grandparents were suffering at the bottom of a business cycle, they were still standing on the fertile soil tilled by slaves, whose contributions in the centuries before gave was a major factor in the development and success of the US.

I agree with you in having a negative opinion about those who feel they are owed something. However, whether they feel that way or not, it is not relevant to the fact that they are owed. We broke their culture. We need to help put it back together again, at great cost if need be. Otherwise, they will always be slaves, though not in visible chains, but plenty of other ones (bigotry, racism, illiteracy, unhealthy cycles of poverty, crime, drug use). A maltreated culture produces malformed citizens. It is better for us all in the long run if we fix it.

Respectfully,
    SF

lol, just caught my mistake,didnt mean to say arbritration, meant to say retribution....................

Why can't people leave the past where in belongs, in the past. This subject ALWAYS brings out what I call the "Opportunistic Racists" like fatboy al sharpton and rev (I USE THAT WORD LOOSELY) jesse jackoff, oopps jackson.
    This thread just makes me want to seek out a towelhead and give him a big hug, BECAUSE these *******s will be the next ones on the "feel sorry" for list.
    Shouldn't that read, "A maltreated culture produces a malformed World (what the towelheads are doing today)"?

SEMPER FI,

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    DAM,NOW I FEEL SORRY!I CANNOT AFFORD TO PUT THE $ 6500.OO,SPINER'S ON MY PIMP MOBILE. I GUESS THE BENTLY I BOUGHT WITH MY CRACK PROCEED'S,WILL HAVE TO DO! HO,DE,DOE, DOG!

Quote Originally Posted by OLE SARG
    Why can't people leave the past where in belongs, in the past. This subject ALWAYS brings out what I call the "Opportunistic Racists" like fatboy al sharpton and rev (I USE THAT WORD LOOSELY) jesse jackoff, oopps jackson.
    This thread just makes me want to seek out a towelhead and give him a big hug, BECAUSE these *******s will be the next ones on the "feel sorry" for list.
    Shouldn't that read, "A maltreated culture produces a malformed World (what the towelheads are doing today)"?

SEMPER FI,
    Asking people to forget the past is like asking a man walking with a wooden leg to forget that it is lost, and how he lost it.

No one is listening to radical "opportunistic racists," but what should be rightfully done need to be done, because it is wrong not to do what is right. In the meanwhile, who are our good-ole', regular, non-opportunistic racists teaching their children?
    Respectfully,
    Ladderwell
    SF

Quote Originally Posted by FISTFU68
    DAM,NOW I FEEL SORRY!I CANNOT AFFORD TO PUT THE $ 6500.OO,SPINER'S ON MY PIMP MOBILE. I GUESS THE BENTLY I BOUGHT WITH MY CRACK PROCEED'S,WILL HAVE TO DO! HO,DE,DOE, DOG!
    Stereotyping will not solve the problem. It is unfair to do so, and more complex than that.
    Respectfully,
    Ladderwell
    SF

Thread Information