Upside down flag
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Angry Upside down flag

So theres this Jackass in Iowa who is protesting and this is how he goes about doing it...........

Corydon Ia, July 6, 2006- An Iowa farmers protest of the governments treatment of soldiers serving in the war in Iraq is creating some controversy in Wayne county. The farmer, Dale Klyn, recently hung his flag upside down as a way to show his disapproval for the direction the country is moving. Neighbors are so outraged by the upside down flag-- they complained to the sheriff's office. Deputies were unable to convince Klyn to take the flag down or fly it properly. So now the county attorney has stepped in and cited Klyn with a misdemeanor offense. The ACLU of Iowa says the code used to cite Klyn is unconstitutional. They hope to help Klyn fight the charge in an attempt to get the law regarding flag desecration in Iowa rewritten.

and of course the ACLU is all over this. What the hell is wrong with some poeple?

Any scout snipers live in Corydon Iowa???

corn hole'm

can I say that here?

fly him under it up side down then there would be 2 wrongs to be right.
    He should be sent over their i think i have 5 for the ticket.

I've got to say this really enrages me... I'm from Iowa, and its too bad that I've got jackasses like this guy back home representing my home. I'd love to go home and slap some friggin discipline into his body....

Credits
    Savings
    So, if the flag is flying upside down, it means he is in trouble, right?
    I think we Marines should show up and get him "out" of trouble.

Credits
    Savings
    Kilroy (whoever you are)
    1. Please update your profile. I do not know if you are a Marine or not.

2. Do you not know what the problem with this man is? He is hanging the USA flag upside down. Hello...that action alone is protest to this country, not to veterans or active servicemebers or the war in Iraq.

3. Read 38 Code of Federal Regulation part 3. This is where the Department of Veteran Affairs is allowed to treat active servicemembers. Why not? It is a federal health facility just as a naval hospital is. US tax dollars keep both facilities open.

Check your facts before posting your babble here.

Thank You,
    Colleen

Full moon is out!

Ellie

Owwwwooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo

Credits
    Savings
    Mr. Benson,
    Thank You for updating your profile.

I believe in the Bill of Rights.

I also believe in the US Constitution.
    As the post states, there is policy in the Iowa State Government against desecrating the flag.

This man is committing a criminal act.

I do not support his ideas and I surely do not support the way he is going about his protest.
    We can agree to disagree.
    END OF STORY.

As for the VA, I have been in many and I am currently in the one in Newington every other day for treatment for service connected disabilities.
    I have seen the worst (Washington DC) and I know the VA budget issues. My office was located across from VA Central Office on Vermont Ave in DC. I have spoken out for veterans and veterans benefits.
    That much we agree on.

Kilroy238
    Guest Free Member
    No need to be so formal..

I hope you get the care you deserve and glad you voice your concerns.

As for Iowa. The law is there yes but has already been rules as unconstitutional in 73. The Iowa Supreme Court ruled in State v. Kool that displaying an American flag upside down was protected speech and could not be prosecuted.

It is just used for the harassment of people. He was arrested for because they didn't like it. As for why the law is still on the books who knows. Lots of stupid laws still on the books. My fav from back home is "You can't shoot any game other than whales from a moving automobile."

So yes we can just agree to disagree. Maybe your right. I don't know. Seems to me the days of asking nicely for things and getting a response is long gone sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS3
    Mr. Benson,
    Thank You for updating your profile.

I believe in the Bill of Rights.

I also believe in the US Constitution.
    As the post states, there is policy in the Iowa State Government against desecrating the flag.

This man is committing a criminal act.

I do not support his ideas and I surely do not support the way he is going about his protest.
    We can agree to disagree.
    END OF STORY.

As for the VA, I have been in many and I am currently in the one in Newington every other day for treatment for service connected disabilities.
    I have seen the worst (Washington DC) and I know the VA budget issues. My office was located across from VA Central Office on Vermont Ave in DC. I have spoken out for veterans and veterans benefits.
    That much we agree on.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    freedom of speach or not its wrong!!!! to many ppl died for this ass to do this ya all are right string him up

Credits
    Savings
    Perhaps this gentleman in Iowa could have made his own flag using a thumbs down design with a simple slogan underneath like, "I don't like what's going on." scribed on it and hoisted it up for all to see beneath the properly hung American Flag.
    Same protest....different approach.
    Turning the American flag upside down or desecrating it is not going to gather any sympathy votes even from people who might agree with him, fully or partially.

Flying the U.S. Flag upside-down is a visual signal of distress. What is this clown going to do if he finds himself in distress....fly it right-side up???

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    you r right osotogray i have no problan ppl not liking whats going on i dont but show support for men and woman dont be disrespectfull to them and our country

Thread Information