Re-4
Create Post

Thread: Re-4

Question Re-4

Hello everyone, hopefully someone here can gimme an answer.
    I am still in fr now but will be hiting my EAS on July 8th im gonna get an honorably but with an RE-4. I was in a jet ski accident where my best friend died, we were both marines both drunk, it was an accident, I was charged with Misdemeanor invoulantary manslaughter without gross negligence and recieved 3yrs probation from California and NJP for DUi by the Corps, is there anything I can do to get back in, to any service? I am a 4.6/4.7 Marine ither than this no other trouble at all , I heard that the Army National Gaurd is will grant a waiver? I just want to stay in i already missed my 2nd tour in i raq I just wanna get back over there and re-join the fight.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    RE-4 = not qualified for further service.

The tragedy you have described is truly sad. You are not going to be able to do anything, for any service while you are on probation. Probation is seen as an ongoing court action and until you have completed the terms of probation, you will not be qualified for any branch. When that time rolls around, you will need to re-take the ASVAB and physical exam at MEPS and then apply for a waiver.

I hate to say this, but this is why the Marine Corps is so tough on under age drinking.

Have you found anything out on this matter? if not is there anyone out there with the right direction for changing a RE-4? i ran across this and was wondering what it means
    2. Q. Can NDRB change a reenlistment code?
    A. NDRB can upgrade a discharge and change the reason for discharge but not the RE code. The RE Code can be changed by the Board of Correction of Naval Records, if it was erroneously assigned. However, the applicable military service can waive the code for re-entry in the to the service.

Does this mean if i re-enlist the Service can wave my RE-code?

Credits
    Savings
    ggwash...
    Please provide us with a profile.

Yes, as we have repeatedly said, you can get a waiver for a re code but a 4 is VERY VERY difficult.
    The Board of Corrections is there for 'misprints'. If you have been wrongly discharged, in your own opinion and with no "paper" in your srb then by all means contact them.

It was back in 99 it says i was discharged with a personality disorder (without admin board) i just found out that i could have went to an admin board and fought this. If i would have know that i could have fought this i would have. I recieved a General under Honerable Discharged. And currently trying to get back in. My seperation code says that i'm allowed back in btu not my re-code. i have checked a few places on here and got different answers on where and who to contact. As far as papers what do you mean like Trouble while i was in papers? No i have none like that
    Thanks
    GAry

Champion, I think you should be lucky that you got out with an honorable and move on to a career in the civilian world.

Thread Information