Top 10 Marine Corps Movies/Shows of all time? - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Barret
    To Echo Four Bravo: Would you say that most of the people that hate every second of the military are either forced into it, or join for the wrong reasons (College Benefits,etc.)?
    No - they would either be squids, doggies or prop-heads.

Undisciplined slime.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Hey Shadowman, Were you calling Me undisciplined Slime? I didn't mean anything by what I said, just asking a question.

Hey Shadowman, Were you calling Me undisciplined Slime? I didn't mean anything by what I said, just asking a question.
    LOL - You need to become more aware of our terminology!

Squid means Navy
    Doggie means Army
    Prop-head or Flyboy means Air Force

They are undiscplined slime because they are not Marines (and they train with chicks).

You are simply a slimey civilian!

Credits
    Savings
    Oh,man, you scared me. I thought I ****ed off a Marine for a second there!

Oh,man, you scared me. I thought I ****ed off a Marine for a second there!
    LOL - you need to read more of my posts. I'm the guy who wore a thong just to p!ss off my daughter, after I found a picture of her wearing one on her myspace account. I totally grossed her out! LOL

I didn't actually wear one - I just had a picture taken of me with a plumber's crack showing, and then I drew in the lines to make it look that like I was wearing a thong.

I think you'll find that Marines are the hardest hitting pranksters on the planet! We work hard and play harder!

1) Heartbreak Ridge
    2) Full Metal Jacket
    3) The Boys in Company C
    4) The Sands of Iwo Jima
    5) Parris Island: Making Marines (3-part documentary about MCRD Parris Island on Military Channel)
    6) Mail Call
    7) Major Dad (yeah yeah, I know...)
    that's all I can think of.

Here's an interesting piece of trivia: the guy who played Pvt. Lawrence (or Pvt. Pyle) in Full Metal Jacket is Vincent D'Onofrio and he can now be seen in Law & Order: Criminal Intent and in The Break Up with Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn. I don't know why I remember that and no, I don't watch a lot of TV; I think I just have a good memory for useless information.

Quote Originally Posted by Erthwerm
    Here's an interesting piece of trivia: the guy who played Pvt. Lawrence (or Pvt. Pyle) in Full Metal Jacket is Vincent D'Onofrio and he can now be seen in Law & Order: Criminal Intent and in The Break Up with Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn. I don't know why I remember that and no, I don't watch a lot of TV; I think I just have a good memory for useless information.
    That is an AMAZING piece of info! I can see it now - tho never would have put it together before. That's the guy whose butt looked like 100 lbs of chewed bubble gum!!! LOL

I have to get my wife on this!!! Thank you! LOL!!!

He also played the guy who turns into a big cockroach on "MEN IN BLACK", remember the ship crashing on his farm and he goes back and tells his wife gimme water with sugar,lots and lots of sugar. He did play a good part in full metal. "I LIVE IN A WORLD OF ****" ~BLAMMMMMM~

Thanks for the positive feedback, Shadowman777. I guess I'll get back to my PT and lurking.

Thanks for your help all,

Erthwerm

Quote Originally Posted by marinegreen
    He also played the guy who turns into a big cockroach on "MEN IN BLACK", remember the ship crashing on his farm and he goes back and tells his wife gimme water with sugar,lots and lots of sugar. He did play a good part in full metal. "I LIVE IN A WORLD OF ****" ~BLAMMMMMM~
    That is amazing. I really like the actor in his quirky role on Law and Order, but never would have placed him as either Pyle or the Cockroach. But once mentioned - I can now see it.

I played a part from FMJ - Pvt. Pyle - for my wife a few minutes ago. She did not recognize the actor until I told her that she just watched him last night on TV. She was blown away that they were the same people.

Credits
    Savings
    Can Someone thats a big Military Movie Buff give a List of all the Marine Corps movies you can think of? I think that The Corps is probably the second most movie-documented branch (Behind the Army)

Yeah, that blew me away when I realized that the giant freakin' roach was Gomer Pyle from Full Metal Jacket. And we all put Full Metal Jacket in our lists because of the bootcamp part. Also, I agree that heartbreak ridge let us down but nothing is as disgusting as Jarhead. I saw that piece of crap the first show on the first day it came out and wish I could erase it from my brain housing unit.

Ill tell you right now, if you wanna come see Sergeant Gee benchpress 350 is his warmup and he can do it 20 times easy. His max is 450 ... about the bar fights? hm yep they happen Jeremy and his buddies fought a few Marines in a bar, 2 ended up nocked out. Im not making it up and i expect to be tested his MOS was grunt. Cussing out a officer? never heard anythign like that.

Shrike
    Guest Free Member
    Right after reading this thread I got and watched "Jarhead" and I want to confirm what it's a anti-war trash. Permanent incontinence of Marines and especially Marine snipers is just something. By this movie it's looks like all of Marines are pu$$ies, lunatics or maniacs. I don't know, who is so stupid to buy it, but is definitely don't worth to waste time watching...

However, FMJ is anti-war movie too, but I love it anyway . Considering war-movies, I want to mention "Brothers in Arms" series, I think it's even better than "Shaving private Ryane"

Do you mean Band of Brothers? I would have mentioned that too because I love that but we are talking about Marine movies

Thread Information