Top 10 Marine Corps Movies/Shows of all time? - Page 10
Create Post
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Thefewtheproud
    Guest Free Member
    I loved Jarhead the book is very good too. I think every Marine can relate to Swoff.

I dont know if "Hamburger Hill" is a Marine Corps movie, but if it is, its pretty Good.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster
    I dont know if "Hamburger Hill" is a Marine Corps movie, but if it is, its pretty Good.
    No, Hamburger Hill is not about the Marine Corps. That battle was fought by Army 101st Airborne units.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw3179
    I like Aliens...yeah yeah I know ...but theyre future Marines and I like it ...
    LOL Halo 2......some people might get this comparison some, may not.....

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I really want to see the elusive "Airwinger" movie. It was banned by the Commandant? Now I have to see it... Human nature to want something you can't have. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    My favorite show was Gomer Pyle only because we have the same accent
    i thought that i was the only one who has ever saw that....

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rickfjr74
    LOL Halo 2......some people might get this comparison some, may not.....
    I get it. Nothing beats going around with high-tech weaponry and vehicles... ....and you can't beat Sticky Grenades....

Quote Originally Posted by usmc2007
    i thought that i was the only one who has ever saw that....

woah! Definatley not. Maybe for your age range, But Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C. Is a freaking classic. I used to watch re-runs in the morning before i would go to ellementary school. I think they might still play it on tv somewhere but i doubt it. I was just reading up on it, I had no idea it was a spin off of the Andy Griffith show. Wow thats enteresting.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDiablo
    I get it. Nothing beats going around with high-tech weaponry and vehicles... ....and you can't beat Sticky Grenades....

I think it's also about the main charachter being Master Chief which is a rip-off of Master Sergeant or Master Gunnery Sergeant.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yeah that too...but doesn't the Navy have Master Chief? That's why I didn't put that. Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yeah that too...but doesn't the Navy have Master Chief? That's why I didn't put that. Please correct me if I'm wrong...
    Yes, the Navy and Coast Guard have Master Chief Petty Officers and Command Master Chief Petty Officers (both E-9). They will rip your face off if you don't address them as "Master Chief", or "Command Master Chief," as appropriate.

Master Chiefs can be every bit as nasty as a Sergeant Major or Master Gunnery Sergeant. .

I stand corrected. I had no clue about the navy's rank system. Learn somethin new every day i suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurby494
    woah! Definatley not. Maybe for your age range, But Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C. Is a freaking classic. I used to watch re-runs in the morning before i would go to ellementary school. I think they might still play it on tv somewhere but i doubt it. I was just reading up on it, I had no idea it was a spin off of the Andy Griffith show. Wow thats enteresting.
    well i stand corrected.....i apoligize. i used to stay with my grandparents alot and they like the old shows...so i used to watch it too!

I dont think anyone mentioned "Taking Chance"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb_iF...eature=related (trailer)HBO films

I think what makes this film stand apart form most of the previously mentioned ones is its paints a picture of a side of the marine corps and the military its self.This is not another shoot-em-up or "war" film. When marines fall in battle that they are still honored and taken care of during and after they are transported to their final resting place. Also honorable mention to Kevin Bacon, Prob. one of his best films ever! This film alone along with guidance and mentoring of friend and family(currently or previously serving in the military) this film made me want to be a marine. it demonstrates that even after death marines ALWAYS look out for one another and make sure they get home.

Last edited by thedrifter; 05-21-10 at 04:48 AM. Reason: adding

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw3179 View Post
    I like Aliens...yeah yeah I know ...but theyre future Marines and I like it ...
    My stepdad always argues with me on that topic haha he always says 'They're badass future Marines!'

GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVERRRRR!!!!

anywho, here's my list of 6:

No particular order, I don't like having to choose only one favorite.

-Generation Kill (7 Part HBO Mini-series on Marines invading Baghdad)
    -The Pacific (10 Part HBO Mini-Series like Band of Brothers but during the Pacific theater of war, not European, therefore about Marines..Mainly covers the events of 3 Marines, John Basilone, Robert Leckie, and Eugene Sledge)
    -Ears Open, Eyeballs Click. & Chapter 1 : Receiving.
    -Full Metal Jacket (Of course)
    -The Marines (PBS Series on the Marine Corps culture and Warrior Ethos)
    -Taking Chance (Kevin Bacon did a superb job also done by HBO)
    ------ Those are my top favorites in no particular order.

'The D.I.' I've seen this on a few of the other replies, I haven't seen it yet but I'm guessing it's worth a watch?

Also, has anyone seen 'Marine - Earning the Title' and 'The Making of a Marine'? I've seen these around but haven't had time to watch yet. So just wondering of your thoughts on it if anyone's seen it.

Thread Information