So my shipdate was moved up
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So my shipdate was moved up

Instead of leaving for P.I. 28 Aug. I am leaving 24 July. I am a little nervous but I think I will do ok. I know no amount of time I give myself will make me ready for boot camp, so I guess better sooner than later is the approach I am going for on this one. lol.
    Kait

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good attitude Poolee it will serve you well in our Corps as things will change at a moments notice and you will have to just accept that. If you think your nervous now just wait until your last few days, its very normal so dont stress.

Jim

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    There is no best time to go to recruit training!! We still make 'em the same way, 24-7, 365!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    YAY! That's cool Kate! You're about to embark on the time of your life!

July 24th is the day that I'm supposed to ship. And there is another female poolee AmyG on leatherneck who is going the same date....39 days

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    This is totally awesome. I can't wait to meet you girl there!

I hope all 3 of you are in the same platoon. What a fine cross section of our country. West Coast, East Coast and Indiana.

Good Luck

Awesome K8

Go get sum!!!

Good Luck

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Outstanding Kate! My Recruiter gave me the choice of leaving in October or in May. I thought, "Gee, what will I do this summer anyway?" So I left as earliest as possible.

Make sure you have everything together and are ready to rock! The Marine Corps will give you the time of your life.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good Luck Kate and Amy and hope you are ready for a time of your life!!! I left on earlier date then I was supposed to and I'm glad I did because then I'd be waiting around and I wouldn't be able to hold the suspense.

In the Marine Coprs you will always hurry somewhere only to sit there and wait once you arrive... you will see that often throughout your military career.

Good Luck and Semper Fi devil PUPS!!!

Thank you everyone! The positive comments really help me get through the anticipation and the nervousness. I can hardly wait to make you all proud. Amy and Rebekah, it would be so great if we were in the same platoon. I know I just sounded like a 15 year old talking about a slumber party but I think it would be really cool to be in the platoon with you two. Take care everyone
    Kait

Rebekah, Amy, Kait

Y'all take care, good luck
    and take care of each other....you'll make it just fine

Go get 'em

Ok so an update is that i changed my MOS to B6 (ground option) which if you dont know it is a mix of jobs. Kinda like my old job B5 (managerial option a.k.a. clerk).
    Kait

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    OUTSTANDING KAIT! I hope that you will enjoy it. Oh by the way have a very Happy Birthday Today, Poolee enjoy yourself and have a great time on your special day. Stay cool in Fresno if thats possible lol.

Jim

Thank you SSgt. Nelson!

Thread Information