CAIR: 'Marines' Cheer Song About Killing Iraqi Civilians
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Exclamation CAIR: 'Marines' Cheer Song About Killing Iraqi Civilians

Press Release Source: Council on American-Islamic Relations

CAIR: 'Marines' Cheer Song About Killing Iraqi Civilians
    Monday June 12, 8:10 pm ET
    Song's Lyrics: 'I Blew Those Little F**kers to Eternity'

WASHINGTON, June 12 /PRNewswire/ -- The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) today called on the Pentagon and Congress to investigate a music video posted on the Internet that seems to show U.S. Marines cheering a song that glorifies the killing of Iraqi civilians.

CAIR said the four-minute video, called "hadji girl," purports to be a "marine in Iraq singing a song about hadji." (A "Hajji" is a person who has made the Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca, but the term has often been used as a pejorative by U.S. troops in Iraq.) The song, posted online in March, tells of a U.S. Marine's encounter with an Iraqi woman. It has been viewed by almost 50,000 people.

The song's lyrics include: "I grabbed her little sister and put her in front of me. As the bullets began to fly, the blood sprayed from between her eyes, and then I laughed maniacally ... I blew those little f**kers to eternity ... They should have known they were f**king with the Marines." Members of the audience, not shown in the video, laughed and cheered wildly for these lyrics.

SEE: HADJI GIRL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTh9ZYS6Flc

Comments apparently posted by other military personnel express approval for the song's contents. One comment states: "This makes me happy to be a Marine. But look out! Here comes the rest of the country to call us evil!" Other comments criticize the video as racist.

"Given the recent allegations that U.S. Marines massacred Iraqi civilians in Haditha and other areas, we need to determine if this video is what it purports to be," said CAIR Executive Director Nihad Awad. "The inappropriate actions of a few individuals should not be allowed to tarnish the reputation of all American military personnel."

Awad called on Pentagon officials and members of Congress to investigate the video and all other allegations of such conduct in Iraq.

CAIR, America's largest Muslim civil liberties group, has 32 offices and chapters nationwide and in Canada. Its mission is to enhance the understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.

NOTE: CAIR offers an e-mail list designed to be a window to the American Muslim community. Subscribers to the list receive news releases and other materials dealing with American Muslim positions on issues of importance to our society. To subscribe to ISLAM-INFONET, go to: http://cair.biglist.com/islam-infonet/

CONTACT: CAIR Communications Director Ibrahim Hooper, 202-488-8787 or 202-744-7726, E-Mail: ihooper@cair-net.org

Ellie

i recommend everyone watch this video.... its hilarious

video has now been removed by the user

Quote Originally Posted by Ignition
    video has now been removed by the user
    Go figure...

Tuesday, June 13, 2006
    CAIR Conducts Email Jihad Against Marines

The Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) is at it again, with a deceptive email campaign smearing US Marines over a music video posted at YouTube. From Pipeline News: Hadji Girl - CAIR Conducts Email Jihad Against Marines.

(The video has been removed from YouTube by its owner.)

The CAIR email states:
    “’MARINES’ CHEER SONG ABOUT KILLING IRAQI CIVILIANS

Song’s lyrics: ‘I blew those little f**kers to eternity’

(WASHINGTON, D.C., 6/12/06) - The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) today called on the Pentagon and Congress to investigate a music video posted on the Internet that seems to show U.S. Marines cheering a song that glorifies the killing of Iraqi civilians.

CAIR said the four-minute video, called ”hadji girl,“ purports to be a ”marine in iraq singing a song about hadji.“ (A ”Hajji“ is a person who has made the Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca, but the term has often been used as a pejorative by U.S. troops in Iraq.) The song, posted online in March, tells of a U.S. Marine’s encounter with an Iraqi woman. It has been viewed by almost 50,000 people.

The song’s lyrics include: ”I grabbed her little sister and put her in front of me. As the bullets began to fly, the blood sprayed from between her eyes, and then I laughed maniacally. . .I blew those little f**kers to eternity . . .They should have known they were f**king with the Marines.“ Members of the audience, not shown in the video, laughed and cheered wildly for these lyrics.
    We have not been able to determine if the singer in the video is indeed a Marine, but CAIR seriously and intentionally misrepresents the song as a celebration of gratuitous violence against Iraqi civilians.

”Hadji Girl“ is a ballad about a Marine firefight in Iraq.

In the heat of battle a young girl appears out of nowhere and invites this Marine to meet her family. She is leading him into an ambush but he doesn’t know it. When the two of them arrive at her home, the girl’s father and brother open fire, the Marine hits the ground and the girl is killed by her brother and father’s gunfire - ”threw open the door and I hit the floor ‘cause her brother and father shot her.“ The girl’s father and brother are still intent on killing the Marine so he grabs the girl’s sister and the brother and father then proceed to gun her down also in their haste to kill the Marine.

The Marine then ”locks and loads“ stating he ”blew those little f*ckers to eternity."

So the song is about a young woman luring a Marine into an ambush where she and her sister are killed by her jihadi father and brother, who in turn are killed with great justification by the Marine.

It’s quite clear that what CAIR is attempting to do here is create another Muslim cartoon incident which is not surprising, because CAIR is no stranger to controversy.

Ellie

STOP THE PRESS, You gotta be kidding, I didnt hear them *****ing and moaning when there family/friends were lopping off our heads. Guess were just better off letting everybody bend over so we can kiss there arse's.

Flash back Vietnam In 1965 we came up with a little tune that was the "pepsodent tooth past song). It went like this "youl wonder wher the yellow went when you nuke the orient". No harm then.

I saw the video when someone posted a link to it here somewhere last week. I was quite amused by the song. Didn't mean I thought that what happened was real. I mean. What about the song about Cocomo. Ain't no such place. Many songs are just from the imagination of the song writer and/or singer. Too bad there is now an investigation just because of some entertainment like the video I saw.

angel

did anybody download the video before they took it off?

By the time I found out about it, too late.

I could have saved the file to my server for all to enjoy...

Oh well, shiat happens...

June 13, 2006
    Corps condemns video mockery

By Gordon Lubold
    Times staff writer

Islamic scholars and the Marine Corps have condemned an Internet music video called “Hadji Girl” that allegedly shows Marines mocking dead Iraqis.

The four-minute video contains images of what is said to be a Marine in Iraq singing a song that seems to glorify killing an Iraqi young girl. The video was removed from the site on which it was posted and where more than 50,000 people viewed it, according to the Council on Islamic Relations, a Washington, D.C.-based advocacy group.

According to CAIR, the song’s lyrics include the lines: “I grabbed her little sister and put her in front of me. As the bullets began to fly, the blood sprayed from between her eyes, and then I laughed maniacally … I blew those little [expletive] to eternity. They should have known they were [expletive] with Marines.”

The video’s title, apparently misspelled as “Hadji Girl,” refers to a Haji, or wise person, who has traveled to Mecca. Many U.S. military members refer to all Iraqis as Haji, either neutrally or pejoratively.

Nihad Awad, executive director of CAIR, said military officials and Congress should investigate the video.

“The inappropriate actions of a few individuals should not be allowed to tarnish the reputation of all American military personnel,” Awad said in a written statement.

Corps officials responded to the group’s concerns and contacted administrators of the Web site on which it had been anonymously posted to ask that it be removed. But it had already been taken off the site, officials said.

“The video … is clearly inappropriate and contrary to the high standards expected of all Marines,” said Marine Maj. Gabrielle Chapin in a prepared statement. “The video is not reflective of the tremendous sacrifices and dedication demonstrated, on a daily basis, by tens of thousands of Marines who have assisted the Iraqi people in gaining their freedom.”

The video, apparently on the Internet since March, is surfacing at the same time as charges that a Marine unit may have killed as many as two dozen unarmed Iraqi civilians, including some children, in an incident in Hadithah in November. Two investigations are under way, and military officials have not announced what if any charges would be made against any of the Marines in question.

The Corps is investigating a separate incident that occurred in Hamdaniya in which seven Marines and a sailor are being investigated in connection with an April 26 shooting of an Iraqi civilian.

Ellie

Music video about Marine sparks anger

WASHINGTON (AP) — A music video posted to the Internet, telling a tale about a U.S. Marine killing members of an Iraqi family, is being condemned by an Islamic group and investigated by the Marine Corps.

The four-minute video, called "Hadji Girl," appears to be sung by a Marine in front of a cheering audience. The lyrics talk about the Marine gunning down members of an Iraqi woman's family after they confront him with automatic weapons.

Lt. Col. Scott Fazekas, a spokesman for the Marines, said Tuesday the Marines were aware of a video posted on the Internet that "purports to show a Marine singing an insensitive song about Iraqis." Fazekas said officials don't know the identity of the singer or whether he is in the military.

The song was "inappropriate and contrary to the high standards expected of all Marines," Fazekas said. He said Marine officers are looking into the matter.

Nihad Awad, executive director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, said that in light of recent allegations of atrocities committed by Marines in Haditha and other towns in Iraq, the video should be investigated by the Pentagon and Congress.

"The inappropriate actions of a few individuals should not be allowed to tarnish the reputation of all American military personnel," said Awad.

The video was posted anonymously on the http://www.youtube.com website, but was removed. It is still available on CAIR's website. A Hadji is a pilgrim who journeys to Mecca, but CAIR said the word has often been used as a disparaging term by U.S. troops in Iraq.

"The video is not reflective of the tremendous sacrifices and dedication demonstrated, on a daily basis, by tens of thousands of Marines who have assisted the Iraqi people in gaining their freedom," Fazekas said. "We agree with the executive director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations that the inappropriate actions of a few individuals should not tarnish the reputation of all American military personnel."

The singer is shown playing a guitar and singing about meeting an Iraqi woman and then being confronted by her brother and father, who have guns. The lyrics describe the Marine pulling the woman's little sister in front of him and watching blood spray from her head.

He then sings about blowing the father and brother "to eternity."

Defense officials are investigating allegations that U.S. Marines massacred as many as two dozen unarmed civilians in Haditha last November. Another probe is underway into charges that U.S. troops pulled an unarmed Iraqi man from his home in Hamandiya in late April and shot him to death without provocation.

Ellie

Maybe someone who saw it and knows how to look and find it still has it in their cached and/or temp files?

angel

www.cair-net.org

takes you right to the video.

http://www.youtube.com/v/kJq03WsgFDg

here is a link to the video

Thread Information