Is the infantry really what everyne says?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Is the infantry really what everyne says?

I am a poolee I joined the united states marine corps june 1 2006. I wanna know if the infantry feild is really everything that people say it is.

please help me with my question i scored a 52 on the asvab i know that is not to high but ill work on it!

What infantry MOS did you want? I'm a mortarman (0341). There are many things I could say, like you have a lot of heavy gear which you carry and hump around, the hours are longer, things like that. The truth is, I think it's a rewarding job. And sometimes, it's even fun. The thing is, no matter what job you get, there will be times you absolutely hate it, and then there will be times where you thank God that you are in the job that you are in.

I joined the united states marine corps june 1 2006
    You didn't join the Marine Corps June 1, you got accepted into the Marine Corp DEP program. And please capitalize Marine Corps.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Help the boys out a little more - what do YOU think you're getting into?

Quote Originally Posted by hunter11106
    please help me with my question i scored a 52 on the asvab i know that is not to high but ill work on it!
    Somebody here is going to have to help me on this one. A score of 52? I think the minimum score you need is 80 for any job in the Corps. I don't think any amount of help will fix this problem or he has his numbers mixed up.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter11106
    I am a poolee I joined the united states marine corps june 1 2006. I wanna know if the infantry feild is really everything that people say it is.
    The entire "United States Marine Corps" should be capitalized. Maybe even June. I before e except after c. Field.

People have said that the infantry is many things, some are true, others are not. Tell us what you're thinking, and maybe we can help you out.

Who are theese "they" and what are "they" saying ?

Rk you can join the Corps with a score less than 80 on the asfab. I scored less than 80 not going to be to specific and got a decent Mos. My youngest brother also scored less than 80 and he is eligble to be an Mp. I think they base a lot of it on other scores like GT and math etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Bige1371
    Rk you can join the Corps with a score less than 80 on the asfab. I scored less than 80 not going to be to specific and got a decent Mos. My youngest brother also scored less than 80 and he is eligble to be an Mp. I think they base a lot of it on other scores like GT and math etc...
    Here is the thing Bige. Your GT score is a product of certain portions of the ASVAB. The ASVAB is a battery of tests which in certain areas you are given a score. Then the Marine Corps adds up the portions of theses scores from this test that suits their needs.

The ASVAB subtests for determining the composites are: General Science (GS), Arithmetic Reasoning (AR), Word Knowledge (WK), Paragraph Comprehension (PC), Numerical Operations (NO), Coding Speed (CS), Auto and Shop Information (AS), Mathematics Knowledge (MK), Mechanical Comprehension (MC), Electronics Information (EI), and Sum of Word Knowledge and Paragraph Comprehension, scaled (VE).

Current aptitude area composites used for MOS selection for the Marine Corps are as follows:

CL- Clerical, Administrative, Supply & Finance - NO + CS + VE (Note: CL Score was eliminated in late 2002. All job Marine Corps requirements that required a CL score were changed to GT Score at this time. The score requirements are the same. In other words, if a job previously required a CL score of 90, then it was changed to require a GT score of 90).

EL -Electronics Repair, Missile Repair, Electronics and Communications -GS+AR+MK+EI

MM - Mechanical Maintenance, Construction, Utility and Chemical Maintenance (hazmat) - GS+AS+MK+MC

GT - General Technical, Special and Officer Programs - VE+AR
    This thing is a mess. Does anybody actually know?

Stanley Hroszow
    Guest Free Member
    The field Marines are great I was one, also a Postal Clerk, it was great too. all jobs are good just remember what you put into them is what you get out of them.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I was lucky - I pretty much played multiple guess with the mechanical parts of it and did better in Electronics - HAHAHAHAH! - I didn't know squat about electronics. They let me build bombs and work on bomb racks for 4 years!

Only in the Marine Corps................

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    "Front Toward Enemy", sounds simple enough. Does that make me an EOD expert?

Stanley Hroszow
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    I was lucky - I pretty much played multiple guess with the mechanical parts of it and did better in Electronics - HAHAHAHAH! - I didn't know squat about electronics. They let me build bombs and work on bomb racks for 4 years!

Only in the Marine Corps................
    Booom!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Pretty much yellowwing..............LOL!

Thread Information