Non-infantry in Iraq?
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Non-infantry in Iraq?

Any Marines been to Iraq that aren't infantrymen? I'm curious what non-combat Marines do in Iraq???

theres no such thing as a non combat Marine

Credits
    Savings
    What do non-infantry Marines do in Iraq? Is it true that no matter your MOS you will still be patrolling, kicking doors, etc?

You got it.

Non-infantry jobs, do NOT do the same stuff as the infantry guys. Take the cook for example...he's not going out with them, and kicking down doors, going on patrols etc. Non-combat Marines are called POGs by the infantry guys. I have heard stories from my friends that have non-combat jobs. They sat on the base the WHOLE time they are there. Of course, they were always paranoid of a mortar attack on the base, and that always kept them worried. All Marine are riflemen first, but the infantry guys are WAY more prepared than other non-combat MOSs.

Brooklyn, I believe you where asking for advice from Marines not friends of Marines correct. Rocknroll you have no idea what you are talking about. There are many mos's that get the same training as infantry try doing a little research first. My brother was in Iraq recently. He is a Ref mech and was put on camp guard the whole time he was there. Although he was not kicking down doors, if something happened on base he would have been one of the first to react to an attack, also provided security on convoys. Non-infantry would include combat engineers ie clearing minefields with explosives(they go in before infantry fyi) they also go on patrols like infantry. Maybe you should sign up in a non infantry mos and then you can come on here and try to give your 2cents hoss.

Credits
    Savings
    Okay, thanks for the replies. I'm now about 80% sure what I want my MOS to be.

Its funny, rock is a slang term for moron, idiot, or one with a total lack of G-2. This person shows us why.

Please tell me, even though a Marine had just posed that there is no such thing as a noncombat Marine, why did you think it was OK to turn around and say it again. Would you consider a radio operator to be a noncombat MOS? They are pouges, because anyone that isn't an 03 is, but they are in the same units, doing the same things. Would you consider a motor-T driver a noncombat MOS? I know that truck drivers aren't the first thing many Rambo wannabes think about, but who do you think it is that gets hit by the IEDs? Maybe a division band member is a noncombat Marine. Oops, that isn't correct either, the band is responsible for the security of the division CP.

Wannabes, please try to avoid talking about things you don't understand. You just make a fool of yourself, much like this moron just did.

Thread Information