How do you become the most respect Marine ever? - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyG
    The best never believe they are the best. They strive to be the best they can, but they never think they are the best, and they don't strive to be noticed because they are the best.
    I don't think you can speak for everybody.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by K8 Mac
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought joining the Marines was about being a team, joining together for a common good; not a contest of who is a better or the greatest Marine ever. Also in your title, you should have put "respected". Sorry PFTstud, not to get on you, but I don't know if you saw the other side of what you posted.
    Have it occured to you that it can be about both.

and respected thing was a mistake, it happens.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I still say go with the Superman tattoo

As AmyG stated, the best never realize it, but it also takes years before it is thoroughly recognized that they are the best. Dan Daly, Smedly Butler, and Chesty Puller were well thought of in their time, but were not placed in the ranks of the "Elite" until well after their service and other Marines had afterthoughts of their service. Then and only then did they become the stuff of legends. To make that, dedication, determination, heart, honor, courage, committment, and many other attributes will be needed.

Nobody is a hero unless they are a hero to someone who holds them in awe...

Who holds you in awe?

SEMPER FI!!!!

PFT, why don't you just concentrate on becoming a Marine. With your current attitude, I have my doubts about your ability to do that. The poolees were telling you the truth, the Marine Corps is a team, not an individual effort.

And to answer your reply to K8 MAC, no, it cannot be about both. You either put the team first, or yourself. Your attitude shows me that you will be putting yourself first. Luckily, you will be sitting in a shop fixing things other Marines break most of the time. At least you won't cause any real harm from there.

Quote Originally Posted by PFTstud
    I don't think you can speak for everybody.
    Actually I think she can because it shows through history. Do some research and like stated before you will realize. You need a SERIOUS wake up call!!!

Have it occured to you that it can be about both.

and respected thing was a mistake, it happens.
    You know your pft may be better then mine, but your grammer sucks and so does your attitude. Go somewhere else because personally I would not want someone who wants to be "better" then me watchin' my six in a warzone. We are all good at some things and horrible at others. That's why in the Marines they work as a TEAM and everyone does what they can to the best of their ability. They don't set out to BE better then everyone else. That's just ignorant and conceded. Just adjust your attitude to "How much more can I give to my team?" not "What does it take to be better then everyone else?" Just FYI that is also a REALLY bad leadership trait.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    The guy wants a purple heart. Let him chase it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rdy2gopoolie
    You know your pft may be better then mine, but your grammer sucks and so does your attitude. Go somewhere else because personally I would not want someone who wants to be "better" then me watchin' my six in a warzone. We are all good at some things and horrible at others. That's why in the Marines they work as a TEAM and everyone does what they can to the best of their ability. They don't set out to BE better then everyone else. That's just ignorant and conceded. Just adjust your attitude to "How much more can I give to my team?" not "What does it take to be better then everyone else?" Just FYI that is also a REALLY bad leadership trait.
    The thing is I don't have a team to give too right now.

The thing is I don't have a team to give too right now.
    Your fellow poolees at your R.S. are your team. Also, as stated before, work on becoming a Marine. If that does not satisfy you, work on becoming a good recruit for boot camp instead of the best Marine ever. Being a good recruit is more likely to happen.

Have you seen the movie "Down Periscope"? get the Welcome Aboard tattoo, no one would never forget that, lmao!!

The Marine Corps is a Family, a Team a Brotherhood, some say it's a cult, no one man can be the greatest without the help of his team, remember a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link, so no matter how awesome you may be as an individual, without your team you are nothing. If all you want to do is get out there and kick a*s and win medals and that stuff, then your not doing what is best for your team, your only doing what is best for you, that gets people killed. Think about what you really want here. do you want attention, to be highly decorated, do you want to be a legend, someone no one will forget? Whats your goal in all this?

Last edited by jinelson; 05-30-06 at 02:35 AM.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Here is what I think.

I think you should first focus on being the best human being you can be. Second you should be the best friend you can be. Third you should be the best you can be at whatever goal you set yourself to.

It is in my personal opnion that if you do the best you can do, you will be the best you can be. This is what I believe sets people apart, making the heros and zeros. I doubt being the best Marine there ever was would be a good goal as I think about the heros that stood tall in hell. The best Marine there will ever be is the Marine who puts another before themself, and I personaly believe every Marine does that.

I do not rate what goes in this part, so I will not say it.

Tiamat13

Look dude, theres nothing wrong with wanting to be the best and believing you are the best. Thats one of the qualities that makes Marines better than everyone else. We believe we are, we believe we can accomplish the mission even if everything is telling us we cant. Its that mindset that allows us to continue on when your body just wants you to quit. Some Marines have more physical ability than others , some are smarter . But its one big team , with the end result being accomplishing the mission. If you want to be a ptstud and train your ass off, thats awesome. The Marines will always need Reconaissance men, they will always need scout snipers and they will always need Force Recon. Those men are PT studs. But remember never put your own personal agenda in front of the mission. When you do that you will get Marines killed. Im sure thats not what your going after. If you believe your the best Good! Go prove it. Nothing wrong with being cocky. Just make sure you walk it and talk it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    YOU TALK THE TALK~CAN YOU WALK THE WALK?

I think that Mr. PFT Stud is beyond help...

Thread Information