Family of Marines?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings

Family of Marines?

For all you poolees and Marines out there, do you have any family members that were in the Marines? If so, what year(s) and what unit(s)?

For me, I was the first in the family to ever enlist in the Marines, as far back as can be remembered, no one in my family history (great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather, or cousins, brothers/sisters of them) has ever been a Marine. It was really specially to be the first, not only that, but I am a female Marine, great way to start off the traditions. I have inspired my cousin to join, he would've went Army, but since I went the Marines, he didn't want to appear second class. He leaves for boot next month.

I'll be the only one in my family to ever be a Marine, and the only female of my family to ever join the military.

My brother was a Marine before I. He was in from '84 to '87, and I believe he was with 1/9.

Good luck over in Iraq, and keep your head down, eh?

Semper Fi

John

Credits
    Savings
    I'm also the only female in the family to join the military. Good luck to you.

Can't wait for Iraq, why does everyone tell me to keep my head down? I'd rather keep it up to see who's firing at me.

Im the fifth Marine in the family. Third generation. My 2 Grandfathers, a second cousin, and an aunt. Not sure which years.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm the first girl to be in the military in my family, and first to be a Marine. My dad was in the Army for twenty years, I have distant relatives in the Navy and Army, and then the guys on my mom's side have served in the Korean Army (My mom's Korean). But to date, I am the first Marine.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    My Great Grandfather was a Marine during WW2. Other than him I am the only One to join the Marine Corps. Almost all of my family has done something with the Army.

I will be the first one to enlist in the Marines. Not the first family member by any means. Grandfathers were in WW2, one Army, one Air Force. Uncle was in the Army, all my Great Uncles were in the Military, one cousin is a Pilot in the Air Force, told me to go Marines, and the other is in the Navy. Everyone does not want me to go into the Marines but its ultimately my choice.

My dad was in the Navy. my grandpa was in the Navy. my uncle was in the Navy.
    i will be the first and proudest member of my family to be a US Marine!

My grandfather served on Iwo Jima in the 5th Marine division and my uncle served during the 80's.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorix
    I'm also the only female in the family to join the military. Good luck to you.

Can't wait for Iraq, why does everyone tell me to keep my head down? I'd rather keep it up to see who's firing at me.
    My fiance's cousin is going to Iraq for the second time shortly. You're probably in the same unit. I think he's at Camp Lejune.

Anyway, good luck, be safe as possible.

*edit* Just noticed your location. Ignore me.

Credits
    Savings
    I might see him/her over there, what unit is (s)he with?

I'm 4th Generation - my dad was in Vietnam from 69-71, my grandfather fought on Iwo Jima, and my great grandfather was in the war to end all wars.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorix
    I might see him/her over there, what unit is (s)he with?
    I'm actually not too sure. I know he was at Camp Pendleton a couple years ago. Then he went to Cherry Hill or something like that. Now he's at Camp Lejune. He's in a combat engineer unit.

But like I said though be safe as possible over there.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I am the ONLY female in the family to do the military - my Dad was in Motor Pool from 56-60, my Uncle was in Vietnam for every bit of 6 months in 69 til he got killed - he was a gunner with 1/1 C CO

Thread Information