The Tradition Lives on..
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Smile The Tradition Lives on..

Monday December 9th, my daughter depated...destination Paris Island, SC. As a former Marine myself, the pride inside me is immense! Will be counting the days until 3/7/03 when she earns the title Marine.

Ohhhh Rahhh

Semper Fi

David Carpenter
    3rd Btn 4th Marines
    1982-1986

Congrats!

I am sure you must have felt pretty proud when she left. Can you imagine how you will feel when you watch her walk across that parade deck?

Semper Fi,
    Jerry

Good for you, Marine!

I hope she does ya proud!

I was just there last March and they were not any eaiser on the women than they were on the men. As it should be.

Cool Good for You Proud Dad.......

Congrat's..........

Wishing your daughter all the best............

Sempers,

Roger

Registered User Free Member Barndog's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Yo Dave.......
    My Daughter just turned 16 in November....... and is seriously consdering the Corps.
    I'll tell you like I told her........

You go and make it baby.....

My ass WILL BE THERE, a week early (for oversight on the Crucible (lmfao) ....
    And (if) when you make it I will be standing there in my Dress Blues...

Semper FI Brother - My Heart is with you and your Baby Girl..

Do her the Justice I would my own. Blues, and YOUR ASS BETTER BE THERE.

OOOHHHHHHHH RAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The daughter of a Marine at work just graduated.
    Oh yes, he was there!
    She out shot him and out PT'd him.
    He sure is proud of her!
    He says they have a new bond that "mom" just can't understand.

Best Wishes to you and your daughter!

Credits
    Savings

Talking

I know how your feeling, my daughter went in 1990, for two tours, and now her daughter, my Granddaughter is planning to go in also, its a feeling you cant describe for sure, best wishes for her to git the training she chooses.

I told her there is no way in hell would I miss her graduation!!! I am so proud of her already, as all parents are, but this just puts it over the top. I went to see her swear in at MEPS the day she departed. Actually was there for both times. She was already "ribbing" an Air Force recruit. She's got the Marine attitude already. She must have at least listened to somethings i've said through the years. I guess all the years of playing the Marine Corp hyhm as she slept finally paid off. Will keep you updated on her progress

Semper Fi,

Dave

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    No hurry, but when my time comes I will leave this world with very few regrets.

However few they are, one of mine will be that was I never given the opportunity to sit in the stands at MCRD and watch one of my own pass in review.

YET!

(I'm working on it, but my best shot is still fifteen years down the road.)

You will soon join one of the smallest lists in the world, and that is, People That I Envy.

La C'haim.

Congratulations David!

My son is 14 and planning on becoming a Marine. Its was all I could do to hold back my excitement and say, in case things change, "Whatever you decide I'll be proud of you."

At this point I can't even imagine the feeling of having a son or a daughter earn the title. Hopefully some day I'll be in your shoes.

Registered User Free Member gemntx's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Congratulations!

I remember watching my nephew pass in review. I was not there in Dress Blues, Service A was the uniform of the day for me. Enjoy it?

Glenn

Credits
    Savings
    Congratulations Dave.
    Just what the Corps needs...more women who are Marine babies. I am one happy person knowing that the Corps is getting someone who already knows of our pride, tradition and commitment.
    Keep us posted.
    Semper Fi,
    Colleen

I'm 16, (and a woman) and I'm planning on joining the Corp in a year. I've heard some bad things about the Marines. (i.e. Women treated as sexual objects; harassment) I'd like to hear your opinions on this. (Both Men & Women alike)

Stahice

Registered User Free Member mardet65's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Originally posted by Stahice
    I'm 16, (and a woman) and I'm planning on joining the Corp in a year. I've heard some bad things about the Marines. (i.e. Women treated as sexual objects; harassment) I'd like to hear your opinions on this. (Both Men & Women alike)

Stahice
    I don't know what you've heard. But, in any orginization there's always that 10% of goofballs, screwups and just plain jerks. The Corps tries to weed em out and has been pretty successful at it for over two hundred years. I can guarantee you one thing, the DI's, Marine Corps Officers, and NCO's and most "True Marines", treat Female Marines as they should be treated; just like any other person who's earned the title!

Thread Information