crunches need help in time for boot - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatcher
    You're going to kill in basic, Smalcom. Best of luck bro.
    I guess you haven't read Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members forum lately, recruit training is not to be refered to as basic or basic training. There is nothing basic about Marines. How many time do I have to correct you poolees? If you want "basic" training, go to the army, that's as basic as your going to get.

I apologize Lorix, I hadn't read down as far as your post on that thread.

Best of luck at recruit training, Smalcom

Credits
    Savings
    That's better. Basic is the Army, advanced is the Marines, always remember that.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    WOW Smalcom! 16 miles....now I expect that to many Marines here, 16 miles non-stop running is pretty standard, but to a wannabe like me it's one hell of a motivator! I thought my 8.8 on two consectutive days was good but now I'll have to step it up!

Thank you SMalcom for opening my eyes,

'Rolling Rolling Rolling,
    Got to keep on rolling...'

8.8 is kickass devildoghopeful. Don't worry about a thing, you are doing a lot more then other poolees and wannabes im sure.

Pull ups

For my pullups I started at 9.... In 4 weeks I was at 18
    I doubled them
    All I did was do a max set then do a set of like 30 with some one holding my legs to build it up. I also used the lat pull down machine and lat row

Quote Originally Posted by devildoghopeful
    WOW Smalcom! 16 miles....now I expect that to many Marines here, 16 miles non-stop running is pretty standard, but to a wannabe like me it's one hell of a motivator! I thought my 8.8 on two consectutive days was good but now I'll have to step it up!

Thank you SMalcom for opening my eyes,

'Rolling Rolling Rolling,
    Got to keep on rolling...'
    16 non stop thats nice! ive done a 10 miler in 1:14.00 (used to be a running freak 23 in one day, 100 in one week )

Who is gonna run the Marine Corps Marathon next year?

Credits
    Savings
    I might, if I'm not deployed.

Marine Corps Marathon registration opens up online on 17 May, this month. The race fills up fast. The race is in October, the 29th I think. I'll be running this year, let me know if anyone is running.

http://www.marinemarathon.com/

if i sign up now would they let me run after im in? anything special? request off or somthing form mos school or where ever i will be.

Credits
    Savings
    Ah, too bad, I ship out to Iraq in July, can't make it to the marathon. Maybe next year. Best of luck to you dscusmc and anyone else participating.

That would be fun to do but i'll be in boot camp. Ha Ha. Next year.

a year ago when my daughter DEP'd in she could only do about 10...now she's a hoss when it comes to crunches...one of the few girls I've seen with a literal "6-pack"

But, she's known to even do 'em while she's layin' on the floor watchin' TV...after runs...or jsut bored...

Don't over do though...that hurts even more...

You've got time, don't sweat it too much and do a set of 15-20 anytime you're sitting veggin' adn before and after your runs

You can do it

Thread Information