Attitudes tword MP's - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I never had any problem with Marine "P's", my wife loved it that they saluted the women entering the base at Camp Smith (regardless of hubby's rank). Only time one stopped me was to ask where in Colorado I was from, since that was his home, too. I did get pulled once for speeding at Camp Smith but they just warned me to take it easy in front of the main HQ bldg entrance.

The only "P" that got on my bad side was a flyboy at Ent AFB in Colorado. He said he was gonna notify my commander at Camp Lejeune, but I guess the damn ticket got lost, ha ha ha.....

Dont screw up and they wont bother you!!!

I always liked most of the MP's I came in contact with. Usually if I met a cocky young one, I would just mention it to one of my buddies and the cocky would wear down quite a bit. It's a great MOS! If you are thinking law enforcement after the Corps, it just the one you want. A friend of mine got out as an MP and went Secret Service. He absolutely loved it.

I spent my entire active duty time as an MP. For the most part, I can count on one hand how many altercations I was involved in while on duty with someone who had a low opinion of other MP's. MP's are still Marines and we got along with almost everyone. Granted their are your base nazis, but the majority of theguys I worked wirth never went out of their ways to harass or exploit their power on any military personel. I never pulled people over with the intent to write tickets either. It always started out as a verbal warning until joe schmo wanted to run his mouth. They would always end up writing their own ticket. And as for the guy who said it was funny when the pfc wrote him a ticket at parade rest, you're full of hot air my friend. MP's are taught not to stand at parade rest when talking to their senior peers. They stand in an interview stance, with both hands in front of them. Its a matter of weapon saftey. MP's dont have a glorious job. And if some young pfc did get all cocky, all it would take is a phone call to their patrol supervisor (usually a cpl or sgt) or even their watch commander (ssgt) and I guarantee it wouldnt happen again. MP's are still Marines and respect all their brothers. But dont mess with them. They are a small tight knit group. A problem with one, soon turns into a problem with them all. The military revolves around favors and networking. Just remember that. Take a lonely MP at the back gate a cup of coffee at 2 am, and you'll see what I mean. Chances are you'll never get a ticket from him for the rest of your life. He'll probably just shake his head and smile when you light his radar gun up, and let you go right by. Semper Fidelis Marines.

Thread Information