What's YOUR reason?
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question What's YOUR reason?

This is intended for all the poolees/wannabes here. I'm wondering what specific reason(s) you have for your interest in enlisting in the United States Marine Corps. What inspires you to want to take a shot at earning one of the most coveted Titles in the world? What drives you to choose the path of Service to your Country instead of just assimilating into the private sector like most people?

First of all, I want to say that I am not yet a poolee, but will most likely be one very soon. As of now, I'm just a wannabe with nothing but the utmost respect for all Marines and the job that they do. So here's why I'm humbly hoping to one day, *fingers crossed*, earn the Title Marine.

The reason for my interest in the Marine Corps, first and foremost, is that I have always felt, as an American citizen, I owe it to my country to serve. Not only that, but I owe it to our country's past warriors, who gave their lives so that we could have independence and freedom. I don't want to be a freeloader; I want to earn the good life that is only possible because I was born in America.

Also, my mother was in New York on 9/11 on a business trip, and she was just a few blocks away from the Twin Towers at the time of the attacks (she actually saw the first plane hit). She wasn't hurt, and thank the Lord everything turned out fine, but there was a half-day period that I did not know whether my mother was dead or alive, as all the phones were down in Manhattan and I had no way of communicating with her. The memory of that experience was another major motivating factor in my decision to consider serving instead of just going straight to college.

GOOD LUCK to all you poolees, and THANK YOU to all Marines!!

This was one of my reasons for wanting to join.

This was another.

But as you probably know, I can't join. Just saying why I wanted to. Why the Marine Corps? Simple. Because they are the best

I've always admired what the Marine Corps has done, especially throughout WWII. People ask why I didn't join the USAF if I wanted to be an Engineer and I just say that I wanted to be put through the hardest training and be part of the best our country has to offer.

Oh and of course, Dress Blues.

9/11. All of this people who take thieir freedoms for grantide will never understand why any human being would want to be a Marine.
    One of the most challenging things a human being can ever do, I want to see if i'm good enough to be one of the few who are.

Honestly, I used to plan on joining the Army. I didn't even know about the Marines when I was younger. A buddy of mine and I signed up for a cadet organization when I was 12. You have a choice of becoming a Marine, Naval or Army cadet. The program parallels the real military as close as possible. The bootcamp instructors are ACTUAL Marine/Army former Drill Instructors/Sergeants.

I was shocked when my friend said " lets go Marine! " because they were warning us on how intense and hard it was to be a Marine Cadet. They said " It was above the rest ". Well, he talked me into it. Once I became a cadet and learned about the history and customs and the " first to fight " traditions I was hooked.

I am 15 today, still part of the cadet program and still in Awe of the United States Marines. Scince, I have visited Quantico, seen 2 shows presented by the Marine Corp Silent Drill Team and learned so much about the Corps, and still have so much to learn.

I have the upmost respect for the Marine Corp and am anxious for the day I am given the chance to earn the title Marine.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    This is an excellent thread alexpw62, thank you for starting it.

I have always wanted to serve my country, ever since I was old enough to understand exactly just what and who it was that protects our nation and keeps us free. I am also, by nature as well as nurture (I come from a military family), someone who sees a military lifestyle more appealing in many ways than a civillian lifestyle.

However, as I got older, I did not maintain the physical fitness required to make serving in the military much of an option. I always had the desire, but I was not doing the hard work needed to make that desire a reality. Finally, I was sick of being hamstrung by something as simple as eating too ******* much, and I jumped on the problem without mercy. I changed my entire lifestyle, and I challenged myself to the point where I am now both willing and fully able to serve my country.

So, why the Corps? Because, when I sat there looking at the Army information packet, I knew that I would always wonder if I had what it took to earn the Title. I had proven to myself that I had what it took to become a soldier, but could I become a Marine? As I thought about it, considering and weighing all that is going on in the world and with my own life, I knew without a doubt that if I didn't even attempt this challenge, I would always regret it. I have done what it took to reach my own goals before, and now I will do what it takes to meet one of the greatest goals I have ever set before myself.

There are a million other reasons as well, but that one above all stands out in my mind as the reason I want to join the Marine Corps. I don't want to look back and wonder and regret. Marines don't have that problem.

Semper Fi, Marines

I was in a Marine Cadet program and it was something I enjoyed more than anything I have done in my life and ever since then I have wanted to be a United States Marine.

I signed up because I want to be a Marine.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I joined to learn how to kill!

But seriously... I lack many things personally. Joining the Marine Corps will allow me to explore myself and the world. There's still so much to do and see, and being an ATC will probably help get me places.

1.)God
    2.)Country
    3.)Family

I want to be part of the BEST fighting force in the WORLD.

Reason for Enlisting ... I get a feeling about it when i say Marine Corps ... The combination of Attacking my country (and others) for terror. Its a step from Little boy .. to crossing over that line and Being a Marine.

I could join any Part of the Military and say the same things .. but i dont get that "gut" feeling when i see the other branches. I chose the Marine Corps because simply its amazing a Smaller amount of Marines, with the old equipment of the Army .. can still outdo them .. what does that tell you.

By the way the Dress blues represent everything A Marine stands and they look damn good

the main reason for me would probably be because if your gonna be apart of something that protects your country then you should be a part of the best and for God, Country, and Corps......

because i've wanted to be a soldier my entire life.. so i decided to join the best.
    the army just seems too plain.
    and someone's got do it.

i want to be one of the few, i want to be one of the proud, i want to be part of the BEST DAMN FIGHTING FORCE ON THE PLANET. i want to wear the dress blues. theres no one else i would want to fight with.

Thread Information