Marching & Running Cadences - Page 33
Create Post
Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast
    The DI in the video was very clear, as has been mentioned Final Drill Comp. he wants no mistakes. Do remember in the MC if you cannot understand the DI it is not his fault, it is your fault. You're new, not tuned in yet. It only takes a few thumpings to get in tune.

Each platoon develops it's own rhythm, which is set to the cadence of the individual DI. You will learn to march one way for one DI, and another way for your other DI tomorrow - or in 5 minutes.

One of the things I remember most at PI was our platoon being marched down the street and another platoon was approaching on the other side of the street. Each platoon has it's own rhythm, in a very low voice we could hear our DI saying "Listen up; settle down ladies, they're whale **** from 2nd battalion, you are 336." We stayed in our rhythm and as the other platoon came abreast of us going in the opposite direction you could see half of them skipping a step, you see - only one rhythm can be dominant and I'm proud to say it was ours. We totally messed up the rhythm of their entire platoon, and it gets worse the further back you go.

As the DI's from our platoon and the other platoon came abreast (they're in the rear of each platoon) you could hear our DI say to the other platoon's DI "Looks like you just picked up a fresh heard there Sgt." Was that other DI ****ed, as we moved away you could hear him cussing out his platoon and saying things like he was never so embarrassed in his life and just wait till we get back to the barn.

After we got away from the other platoon our DI stopped us in the street, called out left face and said something I will never ever forget. These words are etched in my memory forever. He said "Well Done Ladies." We were all jubilant.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    Does this D.I. come out of MCRD, San Diego to your drill sessions. I didn't know that they let the D.I.'s out of their cages to attend drill sessions off base. We used to go to High Schools in the San Diego area and judge drill competitions.

Some D.I.'s when they call cadence say one, two, three, four. Some just grunt and you have to figure out what they are saying. If you do not, the pit is always available. There is no way of calling cadence that is written in stone.
    Oh yes The Pit could always get your poop in a group,lol,Semper Fidelis.

I'd actually suggest buying one of those "Run with the Marines" CD's with cadence on it.

Just a thought.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    it goes with a fat one in my hand im gonna be a smokin man.

if that helps any

Quote Originally Posted by poole0311 View Post
    it goes with a fat one in my hand im gonna be a smokin man.

if that helps any
    Are you talking about the one that goes
    HEY HEY DIDLY BOP BOP
    I WISH I WAS BACK ON THE BLOCK BLOCK
    WITH A FORTY IN MY HAND
    I'M GONNA BE A DRINKING MAN
    WITH A FAT ONE IN MY HAND
    I'M GONNA BE A SMOKING MAN.

It goes something like that.

Marines,
    We just restarted the Brass City Young Marines (Original birthplace of the Young Marines 1957), in Waterbury, Ct. I was searching for some good (make that outstanding) marching (NOT running or double time) cadence audio files. If anyone knows of a location I can find them I would appreciate it.

Semper Fi
    Pete Boeger 1965 MCRD Pi
    Brass City YM, Training Instructor
    MCL, Adjutant, Dept of CT
    MCL, Judge Advocate, Valley Det, CT

quicktime cadence sung to....

Since I am getting to experiment with cadences now, I would like to throw this around and find out some cool little cadences. I know a lot of running cadences, but they're not as fun to me.

So here are a few I've heard quicktime cadence sung to

1. I'm a barbie girl (by my drill instructor back at basic )
    2. I believe I can fly
    3. Eye of the tiger

then there are some things you can say that I would also like ideas on

1. If you like to drink all night, drag your left and stomp your right
    2. drive your heels to the deck and stay in step
    3. left, left, had a good job but I left. I left, I left, right, left.

best cadence rythme ideas

1. left right left right lo right
    2. lo hada lo right left
    3. left right hada lo right hada lo right leo

some ideas anyone?

Haha. Like the motivation, but you know you are going to be Pfc Brown in 6 months. Barring incident that is.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Running cadences are the ones you want to know IMO. Other than SOI and your MOS school house you'll never really make use of any drill/marching cadence. You'll want to know running cadence for when asked to step out and call it on a run, get everyone motivated w/ out looking like a dumba$$.

Actually it will be in a couple of weeks sergeant.

I am at 29 palms at Mcces in AMAT and we use a lot of drill and marching cadence because our sncoic wants everyone to be good at cadence and everything else.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Private Brown View Post
    Actually it will be in a couple of weeks sergeant.

I am at 29 palms at Mcces in AMAT and we use a lot of drill and marching cadence because our sncoic wants everyone to be good at cadence and everything else.
    No disrespect is meant towards your SNCOIC there but learning marching cadence means nothing, he/she wants you to learn this to keep you busy especially considering you still march around with your class. This pretty much goes byebye once you hit the fleet/your unit. Do what you have to do to please your SNCOIC and go through the motions but don't get to caught up in it. You have more important things to be learning as a Pvt/PFC than marching cadences.

Agreed with Josephd. We had to march every where during school hours in Pensacola, and when we got to Lemoore it was drill once a week where everyone had to call alittle. Now there is so such thing as drill except the small practice we have coming up for change of command.

Little yellow birdy with a little yellow bill
    Landed on my window seal
    lured him with a pice of bread
    then i smashed his m*********ing head
    oh yea
    blood and guts
    every where
    its alright
    i like it there

C130 rollin' down the strip is stolen from the Army Airborne

I thought it was

C130 rollin down the strip