If the shoe fits.... - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

??

Originally posted by SHOOTER1
    As i see it, (yes its my opion, and just like A**H**s, we all have them) I dont feel threatened by having poolees, wives, girlfriends, and mothers, on board , it doesent stop me from saying what i want to sans language, what are we to do, isolate our selves from the rest of the world, Im not old Corps, or New Corps, 62-66, I like to think Im part of THE CORPS, and that I can accept information from all sources, and use the parts i want , and discard those parts i dont, as stated above, go to pm if something personol comes up, but dont shut out the world, we are the best , because we assimalate all information and use what makes us better , Nuff Said , SEMPER FI. TO ALL ON BOARD.
    Threatened ?? Who said they were Threatened?? I ain't threatened......I just don't like hangin with em !!

firstsgtmike
    I'm one of those who view regularly but seldom post. There are several reasons that I don't post more often.

Often I just don't have the time; just enough time to skim some threads then dash to the current "crisis" on hand.

Sometimes it would just be a repeat of what has been said so I don't feel the need to be redundant.

Occassionally I don't respond because I'm angry with what is being said or how it's being said. What I have found is that if I respond in anger, I seldom say what I really meant to say so I wait until I cool down. I've also found that after I cool down that I no longer feel the need to respond, since the urge to lash out is no longer there.

Mostly I don't post because I really don't have any thing to add to a thread.

As for non-Marines on the site, well, I've found that some of the have some interesting information. I've also found some to be offensive, but then Marines can be offensive as well.

On a philosophical note, I have noticed a tendency to ignore some posters and look forward to the posts of others.

Re Poolees

Res Ipsa Loquitur: ''The Thing Speaks For Itself''

Ah,....where are the McKeons when ya need 'em!

DickG

Discipline, Respect and Pride is the Heart Of The Corps attitude.

Because the Corps, The "Old Corps" has traditionally had more discipline than the "New Corps" Marine.
    This is a distinction that only "Old Corps" Marines can claim.

This is something you civilians will never know or understand.

If You do make it in the Corps,

You will then learn the Prominent distinction Of The meaning of the "Old Corps"

As For Respect, mine goes First to the "Old Breed" Then to Combat Veterans, Then to the support provided by fellow Marines to carry out the task at hand.

There is a pecking order in every aspect of any organization, which is as distinctive and as prominent as the Chain of Command.

Semper Fidelis, to The Corps

In my opinion, the pecking order would foremost reveal at the top the "politicians," known by various other names, and they use to their own purposes the other categories as listed above--the same in all organizations, civilian, military, or otherwise.

Just Plain Dick

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    Jim,

My remarks were not directed to someone like you who posts five or six times a month when they have the time, or feel they have something to say.

And I agree with you, we all pick and choose between posters we will read, and others we ignore.
    ----------------------

The Old Corps, New Corps argument started with the one beer, two beer Marines at Tun's Tavern.

When WE were on active duty, whenever it was, there were ALWAYS those who referred to us as FNGs or "boots" who didn't know how easy we had it.

Their "Old Corps" started going downhill right after ........., therefore THEY were the last of the "Old Breed". And when they retired, or left active duty, and had to leave THEIR Corps to the mercy of the "New Breed", uh, unthinkable horrors.

HOWEVER, going all the way back to the one beer, two beer Marines at Tun's Tavern, the "Old Breed" has always fought side by side with, or supported, or were supported by, members of the "New Breed". (Who very quickly considered themselves "Old Corps" the minute a new platoon graduated from MCRD.}

In fact, I think that's where we first came into contact with the Old Corps, New Corps syndrome. The "New Corps" guys on the yellow footprints were sneered at by the fifth week platoons, "Old Corps", who had just been allowed to blouse their trousers.

At least that's the was it was in the Old Corps when I was in. You New Corps Marines wouldn't know anything about that.

Much Ado about nothing...I joined this site because there's no better company for me than Marines. I've done a few posts, responded to a few posts, added to the list of jokes and cruised right past a lot of the material here. The fact that this is the best Marine Site is all I need. Life, in ALL walks is driven by the "10 %". The top 10% gets things going and the bottom 10% is to feed on. The 80% in the middle are still getting something out of this. I don't see that as an especially bad thing. I enjoy the banter between some of the folks here and just ignore that which I feel doesn't deserve my effort. Because this is a "predominantly" Marine site, I have yet to see anyone abused for their opinion; disagreement? sure! Lots of good FYI stuff and the opportunity to voice opinions is right here but there should be an expectation of limits. The average Marine is not easily offended...that would be the 80 %. That they are rarely heard from...they must have their reasons. If it annoys anybody that so few actively participate, concentrate on the ones that do and enjoy their company. If it annoys somebody that there are participants who are not Marines, view their profile, ask questions if you hold them suspect, choose to ignore them. If it annoys someone that Poolees get into places here where you think they don't belong, I recommend they not be discouraged; if they don't make the grade, they'll likely weed themselves out too. All of us weren't Poolees but those that are want what we have and hope to learn from us on their way to earning it. That doesn't mean we need to kiss their collective backsides and interact with each other differently than we normally would because they're around. They may also exercise their options and go away...if they don't, so what? This site has a place for them and if they wander out of it they might just learn something.
    I haven't been around here for very long so I don't really "know" anybody personally. I know that, since being "accepted" by the site, I have been treated well and have learned a thing or two myself. If there is anybody who hasn't accepted "ME", I don't know about it. I know, with my lack of knowledge of anyone personally, the odds are that all I interact with are, in fact, Marines and I show them the respect that I believe goes with that. Sure It'd be great if everybody registered was a little more active and I'd like to spend a little more time in the chat box with some of you but the bottom line is, in here, I can be Me and spend time with the people I think are the best company I can be in...MARINES.

Hell, I hang out here in the hopes that I might have some little bit of information or knowledge or some few words to offer that might help someone else.

I'm enjoyin the hell outta this discussion myself!

A lot of threads I don't post on 'cause it's all already been said and I can think of nothing to add! Anything I'd say would only detract from what has already been said! I almost didn't post on this one again, as you folks have done a helluva job of covering the topic!

I enjoy damn near everything I see posted on this site. If nothin' else, ya get a chance to re-think yer own position on things.

On the other hand...don't talk too much...they'll try and make ya a moderator like they did to me! LOL.

I have a tendency to babble but , i don't think you're job is in jeopardy from me Bones...LOL.

TO NAMGRUNT68

WILL U ALLOW BRITISH ROYAL MARINES ON YOUR SITE.
    WE ARE UNLUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE ONLY ONE WEB SITE FOR ROYAL MARINES AND THAT IS MAINLY FOR MARINES WHO HAVE LEFT THE CORPS.
    SO FOR ME PERSONALLY AS A SERVING MEMBER OF 3 COMMANDO BRIGADE LIKE TO CHAT WITH SERVING MARINES. AND THIS IS ONE OF THE MORE ACTIVE ONES THAT I HAVE FOUND. HAVING SERVED ON AND OF WITH THE USMC OVER THE LAST 18 YEARS I HAVE FOUND THAT WE ARE ALL BROTHER MARINES AND HAVE BEEN MADE WELCOME BY ALL SO FAR ON THIS SITE.

firstsgtmike
    Originally posted by firstsgtmike
    Jim,

My remarks were not directed to someone like you who posts five or six times a month when they have the time, or feel they have something to say.

I know your comments weren't directed at me. After all, any one that has been in the Corps any length of time knows the First Sgt doesn't chew out SSgts in public. Of course sometimes the FirstSgt's volume may carry several meters but the chewing is done behind closed doors. Now you "Old Breed" may remember when the "chewing" was was more physical than verbal and was done behind the barracks but still not in plain sight of the troops.

What happened was that I didn't make my point too well. I tend to agree with you about the low participation numbers, but that tends to be most everywhere anymore. Even civic and religious organizations find that only about 10% carry the load. You did encourage me to spend a little more thought about participation in this site and other venues as well. With that thought in mind, I think I will pose a couple of "Why is it" questions in a new thread and look forward to some interesting responses.

Cool Royal Marines Are Always Welcome.....

All RM's are welcome hereand always will be. You are our Brothers from across the great pond. We all are Marines and all part of the Brotherhood.
    harrymac, I personnally have enjoyed working and talking with the RM's.
    The Welcome mat is always out for our Brother Marines. So feel at home, since this is your home also..........The Brotherhood is strong and far reaching to all our Brother Marines.......

Sempers,

Roger

Originally posted by harrymac
    TO NAMGRUNT68

WILL U ALLOW BRITISH ROYAL MARINES ON YOUR SITE.
    WE ARE UNLUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE ONLY ONE WEB SITE FOR ROYAL MARINES AND THAT IS MAINLY FOR MARINES WHO HAVE LEFT THE CORPS.
    SO FOR ME PERSONALLY AS A SERVING MEMBER OF 3 COMMANDO BRIGADE LIKE TO CHAT WITH SERVING MARINES. AND THIS IS ONE OF THE MORE ACTIVE ONES THAT I HAVE FOUND. HAVING SERVED ON AND OF WITH THE USMC OVER THE LAST 18 YEARS I HAVE FOUND THAT WE ARE ALL BROTHER MARINES AND HAVE BEEN MADE WELCOME BY ALL SO FAR ON THIS SITE.
    Hey Harry, Semper Fi, Mate..I think NamGrunt68 has stated that this is not his site, but that it is a site for many...not Just for Marines. I know it is not my place to assume that I know wtf NamGrunt68 feels. I am stating what I read in the post.

as the site states this a "Marine Corps Community" I'm sure your input is appreciated. I know mine isn't always, but wtf. I'm part of the REAL world, that's something that lots of people can't or won't deal with.

Take Care Harry May God be with You and especially when You go in Combat. I know you will be with some of the Worlds Finest and I also know yer 6 will be covered.
    Semper Fidelis, Marine

Credits
    Savings

Talking

Tally Ho ,harrymac, welcome to the other side of the ocean , good to have you aboard, can always use another point of view, sit down and draw a cold one, (our turf, you have to drink them cold), course you might git to like them that way, so feel free to speak out , but remember , even those of us mustered out have guns over here, jolly good eh what. Semper Fi, Royal Marine, a Marine is a Marine, is a Marine.

Registered User Free Member Barndog's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

SOLUTION

Solution:

A un-censored thread for Marines ONLY. No civilians need apply. No poolee's welcome. No Mom's, Dad's, Kid's, dogs, or hogs.

You can't read it unless you specifically log in and sign on to go there. You must be a Marine, and verified by at least 3 other members on the site.

Cussin, screamin, a$$-chewin, bends and thrusts, mountain climbers, on your faces on your backs on your faces too slow if you fvcking people move any slower the war will be over holy dogsh!t start over BEGIN!!!!!!!! ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sound like it will work?

Does for me.

Semper FI

Thread Information