what i hated most about Boot Camp was....? - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marine Spouse Free Member Tabby's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorix
    Same here. I wish we could've went to a baseball game. One of the best days in boot camp was the 4th of July. Our Senior took us to the parade deck to watch fireworks and we even got a hot dog! It was great.

are you serious? i thought that the only platoon that got to do things like that was frp? or mrp, whatever. i guess i just had monster di's! lol

I can honestly say I really don't remember any bad times during bootcamp, per se. Even the extra "thrashings" (yeah, I spent a few times "face on the deck") weren't all that difficult.

Semper Fi
    John

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabby
    are you serious? i thought that the only platoon that got to do things like that was frp? or mrp, whatever. i guess i just had monster di's! lol
    Actually I think all the platoons on the island were there last 4th of July. All I know is that was one of the best days of my life. It was right before I went on the range. I even got a big and juicy t-bone steak that day for lunch! The DI's were a little nicer to us that day, just a little. But the next day it was business as usual.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    T-bone for lunch? Damn they even feed ya'll better these days!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    T-bone for lunch? Damn they even feed ya'll better these days!
    Get over it, Kim in 'Lanter.

You know you'd rather some dark grass.

Incoming. Duck!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    yeah big Al .....................right before that T bone so I could tear it up like a dog! And another one afterwards...............

Credits
    Savings
    The chow was always pretty good, but there was some stuff not even a Drill Instructor would touch. But yes for 4th of July, special occasion, they feed us steak. As I was eating it, I knew the Drill Instructors would make us pay for it later, so I enjoyed it while I could.

For me I hated the countless hours drilling. I know it serves a purpose and all but I was never much of a driller nor did I like it very much. I've always considered myself a killer not a driller.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine84
    yeah big Al .....................right before that T bone so I could tear it up like a dog! And another one afterwards...............
    Down Woman, down!!!

You be exciting me.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobes03
    For me I hated the countless hours drilling. I know it serves a purpose and all but I was never much of a driller nor did I like it very much. I've always considered myself a killer not a driller.
    I applaude your exuberance, BUT ...

Jeez, a killer not a driller. Gung-ho little cherries. Ended up burning ****ters and couldn't figure out why.

Do you really know the purpose? Was it so you would look pretty when your Mommy came on graduation.

Nope. Discipline. Obedience. Immediate obedience. No question asked. Right Face! You just did it. Left Face! The same.

Wake up Dorothy, you ain't in Kansas anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by bigalholmes165

Nope. Discipline. Obedience. Immediate obedience. No question asked. Right Face! You just did it. Left Face! The same.

No **** huh. lighten up bro I was obviously being half facisous (spelling?).

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobes03
    No **** huh. lighten up bro I was obviously being half facisous (spelling?).
    Don't no **** me Bro. You obviously meant it when you posted again - http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...756#post163756

For me the hardest part of bootcamp was the attention to detail. IE: the drilling, and whatnot. That and just being away from my friends and family.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

We had two special

occations at recruit training. The first one was the Marine Corps Birthday. The Senior Drill Instructor showed up in his Dress Blues and came to to the squadbay just to see us terds. The second occation was Christmas we each got a Coke and cookies and got to watch TV. Yeah right we had to be postitoned on our stomachs resting on our elbows while thinking we were watching TV. On the 28th we graduated so this was a very small price to be on of the finest. I can honestly say that I didn't hate recruit training. I knew my direction no suprises as always I was prepared for whatever was dished out. I am glad that I was prepared. I just kept my mouth shut, my eyes open and did what I was told.

I always hated the whining weak azz girlie boys who wanted mama late at night and the sick bay commandos who tried to avoid training by lying thier way out of PT and everything else they could think of. Dam near all those guys were either recycled or kicked...out right. They always got us in trouble or sent to the pit causingf us all to get bugs all over us....and we cuoldn;t get rid of them for days!!! Idiots....stay home if they didn't wanna do anything...lazy sum biches...!!

Can't think of any real bad things. I enjoyed boot camp. Hard as hell with all the PT and drilling. For me worst part was the damn sand fleas. DI's used to say, you just ate let them.

Thread Information