The Crucible question
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question The Crucible question

hi, im curently in High School and active in the ROTC program... im in the Drill Team. I really like how military runs and i like everything about it no doubt. Although i am really wanting a Military career and i plan on enlisting in the MARINES. The bootcamp training, what all do recruites do in the 10th week for the Crucible? whats like the most important thing Marine Recruiters should prepare and be ready for before they go in and is there a way i can prepare and do now before i go? Im 15 and-a-half years old... (freshman student) i'll be 16 this June.
    though is there anything i can do to start building up strength? Im really glad Marines are required to learn karate and thats a fun sport! I take karate classes 3 days a week and right now, im currerntly a yellow belt. I'm getting close to earning a yellow and black belt or if im lucky, earn the 1st or 2nd reccomended orange belt. thanx! bY the way, this website is great and very helpful.

faith

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You'll have PLENTY of training in the weeks leading up to the Crucible to prepare you - NOTHING can prepare you for the Marine Corps.

Smile

Ooo... okay. wow thats a comfort! thanx for the tip! lol

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    seriously.................ask anybody that's been there already.

Infantry job training

I'm thinking of doing Infantry in the Marines.. can anyone tell me more about the Infantry job? I dont know if there are restrictions of women jobs but... i've read information about women working in the Military and there has been a history of what they were allowed to hold.... I want to join the Marines and i wish i could "now" but -- bologney, i have to wait 2 and-a-half years.... before i can enlist. Oh and do you know what age i'd have to be to enter in to the D.E.P? Oh going back to Infantry, is the Infantry job available to women?

Credits
    Savings
    It's not that bad... honestly, I thought I was going to die, not because of the Crucible itself, but because of the Drill Instructor that really wanted me on her team. She absolutely hated me, she said I would run the whole course... thank God Senior chose me on her team... that was a matter of life and death! My advice, don't worry about the Crucible itself, worry about not p!ssing off the DI's, and which one wants you on their team.

Credits
    Savings
    Oh, and yes the DI's get to pick what recruits they want on their team. My DI's told us that it is completely random, but judging but what DI got which recruit, obviously they were picked. Good Luck!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Faith - you cannot go into infantry being a female - you could be in an infantry related MOS but the Corps will not hand you an M16 and send you to the frontlines with the guys. They don't do it in ANY branch. If you're really gung ho for things that go BOOM - go in on the Air side and play in Ordnance or something.

Question oh sh**

thanx for taking the time to answer my questions, im really learning a lot in here.... why won't they allow women to handle them m-16's??? ( or wait-- maybe i shouldnt ask to many questions cuz i dont want to **** n-e one of you former Marines off ) What are jobs available in the Marine Ordanance career choice and.... do women still train battle because what if during battle, units were short of men... would they have called women to then go into battle?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Oh you'll get to handle an M16 - you have to qualify with it just like the guys. And, if push ever comes to shove, you will get to shoot at an enemy. Women aren't allowed in Infantry simply because our frames cannot (and this is a FACT - I don't care what hard ass female comes in here bowed up at the chest because she THINKS she can do everything a man can - GET OVER IT ALREADY CAUSE WE CAN'T) handle a lot of the things it takes upper body strength to do. ALL MARINES ARE TRAINED TO BE RIFLEMEN FIRST!

As far as jobs in Ordnance - ask your recruiter. You could be the one building them, you could be working on the flightline hooking them up to jets, you could end up working in a maintenance squadron working on racks (the things between the jet and the bomb that you hook the bomb to), you could work in that same squadron doing maintenance on guns (the kind that are flown on jets - not the ones you hold in your hand which, by the way, are called weapons). There is a plethera of things that women CAN do that don't involve an M16.

And we Marines don't get mad when folks ask us questions - we get mad at the stupid ones that can't HANDLE the answers sometimes.

okay-y...

hey, calm down sir!
    I dont mean to be making you mad.... and sorry if my question sounded like i can handle anything.... but i know i cant, ( not afraid to admitt it ) and my questions are just based on my curiosity interests.... and the replies i get back dont surprise and bother me

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    SIR???? I think you better check my profile there missy. What you think a man is going to come in here and tell you what's available for women unless he's a recruiter or been one previously?

lol

Credits
    Savings
    Kim, you sure you weren't one of Drill Instructors? LMAO

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    LOL! Nah, I would have had too much fun being a DI. I just don't believe in sugar coatin', political correctness and all of that crap.

Thread Information