MOS Question
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOS Question

MOS Question

im in the DEP and i dont ship till i finish skool so i have time to make up my mind (Sorry SGT Escobedo! lmao). Right now im signed up for Recon, but im still looking at what all is available. i just wanted to hear from some MARINES basicly, whats a good MOS? im looking into Artillery, Infantry, Ordinace Disposal, Enlisted Flight Crew, Combat Engineers, Recon, Logistics, anything really lol. whats an MOS you really enjoy(ed)? as long as its not a desk job, or the same thing everyday im interested.

-parker

You are already signed up for Recon???? No need to make up stuff around here. Be honest with us and we'll be happy to help you out. Don't start it out with a lie though. Telling us all you are recon is not going to impress any Marine here.

im not lieing and im not trying to impress anyone, i have a friend that signed up for it in the reserves, he's going to be in communications i think, he was telling me about it so i asked my recruiter and he said there was still 2 places open if i SERIOUSLY wanted it, so i said ok.

i will vouch for Parker on this one.... i understand it did not used to be this way, but recon is now an option for anyone to try out for. It is no longer a selection process. although i dont plan on it, I can choose recon if i want to (i am 03xx, infantry option). So i would say parker is be honest. and if you're not being honest parker... then shame on you.

My fiancee (now a RCT) signed up for Intel in the DEP program. That's only coz of his ASVAB though. It's possible. He had to wait b/c there was only one slot left from the Huntsville office for the next three years.. or something like that. Now he's got orders to be an ELINT operator and will be going to school in Pensacola!

-Maria

anyone reccomend an MOS?

I bet you all that means is they let you try out for recon during SOI....(p.s. so can every other grunt) ...then if you fail you go right back to being a regular rifleman.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I just don't see Recon being an MOS you can select. That sounds upsurd to me. Recon has a try-out so to speak to let the best in, not just some pvt. sniffle-lip off the streets join their ranks. As they say Proof is in the puddin'

g thanks for the encouragment man. did ya think that maybe im signed up to TRY OUT? im looking at everything and id like to hear from ppl that arnt just going to trash me. so no more pm's about how im not gonna make it. i posted this to hear from ppl about their MOS.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Did anyone say that you weren't going to make it? If so show me. And if you can't take criticism now or if you want to be coddled you might want to try another site. I am glad to see and hear you are interested in Joining the Corps, but if you want to know about a good MOS, you will hear about everyone's MOS being the best. Like mine Aviation Ordnance 6541, is tight,crazy group of Marines. Like my signature says IYAOYAS. Another thing it is not a good thing to be given orders just yet.

lol..nobody said you werent going to make it dude...quit your sniffling. All we said its not guaranteed that your going into the recon MOS. Every Marine can try out for recon as long as their pft is good to go. PS...im an 0331 ...****** awesome MOS..its machine gunner. we get to shoot alot of rounds at alot of things. We accomplish peace through superior firepower.

Ftotc

As any Marine can tell you, you can sign up any MOS you qualifie for but there is a the called FOR THE GOOD OF THE CORPS

No disrespect, but yes you can select Recon .. In my poolee functions, we have a guy he has a build like a football player .. he is signed up for recon

Bliders

Son you better read these notes and get the bliders off soon. If not you be in for a rude awakeing in training.

Parker, i wouldnt be telling MARINES what they can and cannot say on this form. They have been there done that and earned the right to speak to you however they want. also, they know more than you could ever possibly know right now. they arent "trashing you" and even if they were...too bad, take it. they are only helping you.

Thread Information