Recruit drug question
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Recruit drug question

Im new to the forums so Hello to everyone! And what a topic my first thread is about... Anyways Im embarassed saying this but a while Back I was at a party and I think someone had slid a drug in my drink. Later that night I was all sweaty and light headed and I felt like I had been drugged so I went to sleep and the day after I had described what happened to my doctor and he said from what it sounded like It could have been some nasty stuff like extacy, He also said the only way to tell for sure was to run blood tests but I couldnt do that without a parents consent so I told him to forget I ever came to him. Well I freaked out that day and ever since then I just kind of kept it to myself. I didnt want to tell me parents because I didnt want them to flip their lid. But now that im getting older I decided I want to join the marines and Im 110% sure its what I want to do. Im already working on my college credits to go in with a PFC program I belive its called. Anyways My question to you guys is, Will this be a problem? I mean if in fact I was drugged , will this disable me from joining the Marine Corp? I have a clean history and no drug or alcohol problems what so ever.

Thank you for the replies ahead of time. Sorry for the long post.

If you pop on a test you will be disqualified from enlisting. Certain things can be waived but you need to bring them up prior, the drug use policy is pretty strict however. If I were you I'd go to a doctor and get the blood test done, just to find out. I'll be entirely honest, I'm sure you're telling the truth but the story just seems rather strange, so it'd be tough convincing the MEPS staff that you were targeted if it's brought out right on the spot. I'd get the test done, find out for sure, and if it's for real...well bring it up to your recruiter. It sucks cause even bringing it up could get you disqualified, but if you DEFINITELY know you're going to pop on the test, you've got more of a fighting chance bringing up the truth beforehand than you would have after the fail.

I agree, get the blood test. that way you know, one way or the other. Also, capitalize Marines please.

As my recruiter says "Just dont tell them." They are not going to give you a polygraph or anything. Also, I doubt very seriously you were drugged by ecstasy. Most pills are solid and take a while to disolve and you would have felt it swallow. Also, on X you fell extremely good and not light headed and bad. ANyways, besides the point, what they dont know wont hurt them. They just dont want druggies who do that stuff all the time. Hell I know a guy who passed the drug test at MEPS then he went back two weeks later, passed it and was let in. Not a big deal.

If you did ecstasy that once and it was over a week ago it should be out of your system by now. Your not going to pop unless you keep doing it . X only stays in your system for 3 to 4 days.

You'll be fine. But how stupid do you have to be to not watch your drink closely enough to not see someone 'drug' you. I call bull**** on this one.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    hunter101,

you were a victim, you need to report this fact 1st to your parents and then to law enforcement. your parents are not the big monster you may think they are. all parents want their child to be safe. we understand that kids will be kids. don't think for a minute that you are doing something we haven't.

as far as the X goes, you can do one of two things. 1-keep quite or 2-tell.

Thank you all for the responses, Its much appreciated. Im just worried This could effect my future with the Marines, Its something I have been wanting to do for a long time now.

FYI: I wasnt sitting there staring at my drink the whole time, I set it down and walked away a couple times. Anyways thank you all for the responses.Oh yeah this happened like a year ago.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Afle9095
    ANyways, besides the point, what they dont know wont hurt them. They just dont want druggies who do that stuff all the time. Hell I know a guy who passed the drug test at MEPS then he went back two weeks later, passed it and was let in. Not a big deal.
    I have to disagree here. If you were to suspect that you might not pass a drug test, it is your responsibility to tell your recruiter that information. It's called "Integrity", which is what a Marine is expected to have to hold the title. IT IS A BIG DEAL.

I agree as well. I dont want to hide anything from my recruiter that could hurt me later on, It makes me look like a total @$$ and gives me a bad name later on.

I don't see what the real issue is here. You don't know whether or not you took any drug, so you should be able to say, with out lying, that you didn't take any drug. On the off chance that there was a drug in your drink (which I highly doubt) and it was a long time ago (like you said) then it will not show up in a drug test anyway. Don't do drugs from this point forward and move on with life.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    THE TRUTH IS THE WAY TO GO, IF WILLIE CLINTON CAN SMOKE BUT NOT ENHALE AND BECOME PRESIDENT! IF THE USMC CAN'T IT THERE'S ALWAY'S THE UNITED STATES ARMY. GOOD LUCK......

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    TELL THEM THE TRUTH! IF WILLIE CLINTON CAN ADMIT TO HITTING THE PIPE BUT NOT ENHALING , AND BECOMING PRESIDENT! WELL GO FIGURE AND IF THE USMC CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH THERE'S ALWAY'S THE UNITED STATES ARMY! SEMPER FIDELIS GOODLUCK

Hunter101, tell you recruiter the truth. Regardless if you were drugged or you drugged yourself, as long as it was an experimental thing, and you arent using everyday, and as long as YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT THIS DECISION, you are fine. And yes, if it has been atleast 5 days you will pass a drug test anyways (as long as u dont smoke pot), I was honest with my recruiter and i leave for MCRD SD in a week, and my situation was alot worse than yours. Your recruiter will tell you how to handle MEPS, but be honest with your recruiter, he/she will be your best friend through this process. Good luck.

And you know, the truth of the matter is this.

I've felt sweaty, dizzy, and all manner of feelings at parties.

It's cause of lots of this:

Not drugs.

Thread Information