10 days left...any last words of advice?
Create Post

10 days left...any last words of advice?

Well everyone, i have a little over one week left until i report to MEPS and ship out to MCRD SD. I am going to use this last week to PT my butt off (like i have been doing) and spend time with family and friends, so i probably wont be on the board much.....any last words of advice, or suggestions? I would also like to take this time to thank everyone on the board for all of their help. You dont know how much help you have been. I'm very glad i decided to join the site, and i will recommend it to every Marine i meet. Thanks again.
    Erich

i wish you the best of luck man. stay determined! you'll make it.

Oooh Rah, bro!

Best of luck to you in Boot, ALWAYS remember, in the HARDEST times, it's the metamorphosis of you evolving into a MARINE!

It's JUST their JOB!

You got it in you, now go mold yourself, come back and show me that pretty EGA!!

Honestly? For the last week lighten up on the PT and heavy up on the rest. You'll need it.

good luck! have fun at the Ole' Yellas see you in three months.

Good luck man. I'll see you on the board in 3 months. I agree with the posters above, lay off the PT, get plenty of rest, maybe study some knowledge such as the general orders, rank structure, and such.

Try to get some sleep on the plane, you won't be getting any sleep for about 36 hours after you get there.

First phase is going to feel like it's taking forever, but just hang in there. You'll be doing a lot of drill, some classes, drill, basic stuff like organizing your trash, drill, how to make your rack, drill, getting quarterdecked, drill. Did I also mention that you drill? Second phase is a lot more fun, and goes by very quickly. Third phase is most likely going to fly by. Believe me, after you graduate, you're going to be wondering where the time went because it flew by so fast.

One of the most important tips I can give you is to do what you're told, as fast as you can, and as best as you can. No matter how well you do something, it's not going to be up to the Drill Instructor's standards, end of story. It just never will be. Even your absolute best can always be better, so just shut up, go on, and make it better next time.

This is one little piece of advice an Army Master Sergeant, who's a former Ranger, Drill Sergeant, and one of toughest mofos I've ever met, gave me before I went to boot camp: Shut the **** up and do what you're told. Be the one who says very little, but is loud as hell, fast as hell, and does what he is told as fast as hell.

Good luck and Semper Fidelis.

Now go out there and earn this

hey buddy. I dont have any advice since i havent been yet but i will say good luck and we'll be seing you in a while. ooh rah man.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    This weekend got to some of the patriotic and historical place in St Louis. Take it all in and remember it.

You are going to be taking your spot to honor and defend these places. Sharing them with family and friends will motivate all of you!

yea^^^ I agree with all...have fun, do what your told, when your told, and be open to anything!!!! Good Luck

good luck Erich, let us all know when you get back.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Like I said before just make ure you come back a Marine.

good luck.

Good advice here, heed it bro.

Yes, come back a Marine, Ooh Rah!!

Thread Information