Choice of MOS - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Choice of MOS

Went in Open

Quote Originally Posted by Bytor
    Why in the world would anyone go in open contract?

Find what you are interested in and get it. Sign nothing until you get what you want. Going in open is foolish, IMO.
    All the MOSs that appealed to me were not open, so I went in open contract. I took what they gave me (BEST DAMN MOVE I EVER MADE WAS GOING OPEN!)

I was screened for SIGINT and became a 2673- Cryptologic Linguist, Korean That is after nearly two years of training, including over a year in beautiful Monterey, California at the Defense Language Institute. It was a great MOS, as there were very few of us (I could name every 2673 in the Corps) and promotions came quickly. We actually got to do our jobs, I worked on the Korean DMZ three winters in a row and my final tour was in Pyong Taek, Korea. When I wasn't in Korea, I was at K-Bay in Hawaii or back at school (picked up 2649 Cryptanalyst MOS), also went to summer language refresher at BYU in Provo, UT. It is not easy to qualify, and you also need to be cleared TS-SCI which can be a stumbling block for some, but I would highly recommend this MOS (or other 267x linguists). And to think I was foolish and went open contract (did I mention that my language school transcripts equated to a full year of college and also met language requirements for my BA & MA so I didn't need to waste credit hours on language once I got out and went to college).

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Sgt.that's Outstanding!during My Era,you Weren't Able To Have What I Refer To As Dream Sheet!my Father Being Old~school(ra) Us.army~respectfully,was Stationed At Same Place's You Mentioned!plus,ft.holobird,md.presidiou,calia.kore a,2 Many Times 2count.he Could Speak 5 Language's Fluently,he Was 1 Smart&tuff Green~beanie. Advisior Very Early' Nam!you Should Be Proud S/f 10/4.

Thread Information