War In Iraq
Create Post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: War In Iraq

Born2Kill
    Guest Free Member

War In Iraq

Yeah so my parents and I have been having some battles on some things. like...

Who agrees that George W. Bush is doing a good job and reasons?
    They dont agree at all, they think hes an ******* etc, I agree that hes a good guy.

They also think that every soldier in Iraq is dieing which is stupidity.

So pretty much, they're completly against the military, they told me to join the navy and be a squid, I told them I wanna fight for my country, not sit on a boat.

They've also gotton most of they're information from Farenheight 9/11, which I do not believe a thing in that movie.

What do you guys think I should do to get my parents to agree with me to join the corps?

John

Im my opinion .. if you beleive going to war with Afganistahn and Iraq is wrong .. then your saying you like 9/11 and you want more airplanes in our biuldings and them to attack us .. because thats what will happen. Movies are usually just a view of the producer trying to make a statement. I would tell your mom thats what you want to do (if you want to) you dont need parent permission to sign the dotted line .. Also i would tell them about the benifits after bootcamp. Bush is a good president .. maybe not the smartest .. but he made the right decisions at the right time. We have beenattacked by terrorists mulitple times since G bushes father was president. anyway hope my advice helps

just a small correction... soldiers are army. Marines are Marines.

i'll leave my opinions out of this.

if you want to join, then give your parents the facts, and talk to a recruiter (they can talk to them as well). do some research about who actually is dieing out there. though every Marine IS a rifleman first, not all of us are shooting and being shot at. you cannot force your parents to agree with you, you MIGHT be able to convince them. and if you cant........ it's your life isnt it? if you do not follow your heart in life, you will hate your life and be resentfull and hatefull. choose carefully, but choose what you believe is best for you, your parents can give you guidence but cannot make you happy, and in the end that is what matters

dude i agree with tallboot. bush might not be the brightest president but he is th only one that didnt push the snooze button like every other president since 89. true Marines and Soldiers are dying but in the end they will be celebrated for what they have given up. people didnt believe in the vietnam war but now almost everyone is honoring those soldiers and Marines, im pretty sure. if not, well what good are we if we are attacked *again* and dont do anything about it. Marines arent called heros bc of what they or who they are. They are called heros bc of what they have done.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallboot
    Im my opinion .. if you beleive going to war with Afganistahn and Iraq is wrong .. then your saying you like 9/11 and you want more airplanes in our biuldings and them to attack us.
    What are you talking about? What did Iraq have to do with 9/11? Fact of the matter is, there are more terror attacks within Iraq now then there were before we got there. Another fact, Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. Another fact, Iraq had no capabilities to attack the U.S. Another fact, no WMDs were ever found, and G.W. has since called the search for them off.

Marines and Soldiers are dying but in the end they will be celebrated for what they have given up
    This is true. They will be honored for their sacrifices.

people didnt believe in the vietnam war but now almost everyone is honoring those soldiers and Marines
    Honoring the soldiers and Marines doesn't give any validation to the war itself. It means that people have opened their eyes and realized the sacrifices those men and women made to serve this country, regardless of what they felt of the war.

I haven't talked with, or read about, or seen on t.v. many people, vet or not that actually agreed that the Vietnam War was a worthy cause, especially considering the politicians refused to allow the U.S. to actually decimate the N.V. AND they made the vets pull out and give up the country that over 50K American men died protecting.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Another fact is our love for the Corps. That has been true for 230 years. There will always be a small percentage of us that are willing to do what it takes, no matter what, to be United States Marines.

In 2008, it won't matter if a Genghis Khan type or a complete wussy is elected. The President will always send in the Marines. And we'll be there.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing
    Another fact is our love for the Corps. That has been true for 230 years. There will always be a small percentage of us that are willing to do what it takes, no matter what, to be United States Marines.

In 2008, it won't matter if a Genghis Khan type or a complete wussy is elected. The President will always send in the Marines. And we'll be there.
    Absolutely! No matter if I agree with whatever conflict we may face or not, I will follow my orders and get whatever the job may be done.

I stand behind my commander in chief, do you want to fight on your own soil, in your own houses, or do you want strike fear into the heart of your enemy in his own backyard?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Welbaum
    I stand behind my commander in chief, do you want to fight on your own soil, in your own houses, or do you want strike fear into the heart of your enemy in his own backyard?
    What means did Saddam have to attack us "on our own soil"?

well as far as Iraq's involvment in terror it was confirmed that the anthrax came from Iraq. Now, most likely, this was given to the terrorist and Iraq had no direct role. That being said in the U.S. thats called aiding in the commision of a crime. Not to mention he killed countless of his own people. Why is it ok to go into Kosovo and Bosnia/Herzigovina but not Iraq. On top of all this saddam hussein has a history of being outspoken about the "destruction of Israel and the United States of America." Finally let us not forget that all he had to do to avoid war was give unfettered access of all facilities to U.N. weapons inspectors which he refused to do for 11 years.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sandman
    well as far as Iraq's involvment in terror it was confirmed that the anthrax came from Iraq. Now, most likely, this was given to the terrorist and Iraq had no direct role. That being said in the U.S. thats called aiding in the commision of a crime. Not to mention he killed countless of his own people. Why is it ok to go into Kosovo and Bosnia/Herzigovina but not Iraq. On top of all this saddam hussein has a history of being outspoken about the "destruction of Israel and the United States of America." Finally let us not forget that all he had to do to avoid war was give unfettered access of all facilities to U.N. weapons inspectors which he refused to do for 11 years.
    When was it confirmed that anthrax came from Iraq? I think you may have imagined that. But let's say, for the sake of argument that it's true. You say Iraq didn't have anything to do with it, yet they aided in a crime because it was in their possession first? Well, let me ask you, where do you think Iraq got their chem/bio weapons from in the first place?

Yes, he killed his own people. But are we there resurrecting them? Lots of heads of state are outspoken about our destruction. That doesn't mean they have the means to act on it. It's words. If we were to attack every country that ever said "mean words" towards us we'd all be drafted and dead by now.

U.N. Inspectors were actually in Iraq in the time leading up to the war. He gave in to G.W.'s request. He even provided those thousands of documents the U.N. asked for the day of the deadline. The U.S. advised the U.N. Inspectors to get out of the country because an attack was imminent, because Iraq had failed to provide info. on what it did with the weapons it already had.

G.W. told Saddam to get out of the country or go to war. So, if it were about WMDs why was Bush willing to halt the invasion if Saddam would leave the country? The weapons would still be there, Bush just wanted his arch nemesis gone.

I've said to much. Believe whatever FOX News tells ya. This is one discussion I refuse to get further into. on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn
    What means did Saddam have to attack us "on our own soil"?
    I was only speaking hypothetically...and I didn't necessarily mean just Saddam.

there are al-quaeda in Iraq... its a terrorist breeding ground now... so brooklyn it is a ligitament war, we havent been attacked again on US soil since the Wars started, its not all about the US, its about helping people who need it... think as a person of the world ... not just as a citizen of America, make other peoples lives better not just Americans.

While I might not agree with everything Bush says or does, I do agree with the war in Afghanistan. In my opinion, Iraq didnt do anything to provoke our invasion. In no way am I saying the Saddam was a good leader and In no way am I saying I support Al Quaeda, But whether or not I disagree with the war is another story. I dont agree with the politics, but I will serve my country.

I dont like this thread...it is just going to get people's blood boiling and p**s people off.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Smalcom
    there are al-quaeda in Iraq... its a terrorist breeding ground now...
    The key word in that post is "now". It wasn't a "terrorist breeding ground" before we invaded. It was just Saddam's personal playground, which in no way shape or form effected the National Security of this country. But as you said, NOW it's a terrorist breeding ground.

Before anyone says it, I'll stress to you that Saddam didn't tolerate Al-Queda or any other terrorists groups in Iraq. They were viewed as a threat to his power and as we know, anyone viewed as such were swiftly dealt with.

its not all about the US,
    That's very naive of you, it is all about the U.S. The U.S. Gvt. doesn't spend billions to help people unless it will also help the U.S. Gvt. It is ALWAYS about the U.S. There ain't a war we have ever fought that hasn't been about us in one way or another.

its about helping people who need it
    There are countless genocides that have and are going on worldwide, as well as cruel leaders of foreign nations. The U.S. Gvt. turns a blind eye to them repeatedly...why? Because there is nothing for the U.S. to gain by stopping them.

Okay, I'm done again.

Thread Information