War In Iraq - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: War In Iraq

why is it not ok to argue on the net? so one thread out of 10 is an argument waiting to happen. People are supposed to fight for freedom but not excersize them?

Brooklyn. It was confirmed through genetic testing that it was the same string that we sent to Iraq. Not the American government but a biological facility out of the U.S. (i believe it was in Utah.) Your argument is that because someone made the gun that they should be at fault instead of the thug that sold them gun knowing full well he was going to use it to shoot one. kind of a half assed argument if you ask me.

Also, yes there are genocides around the world and we do pick our battles. we picked this one and there are at least 25 million Iraqis that appreciate what the Americans have done and are still doing for them.

Yes saddam was his nemisis, and his fathers. He was also one of the U.S. a very outspoken one. Not to mention he was firing SAMs at American planes trying to enforce the no fly zone. Act of war? i think so

all in all i dont care if you support the war or not. i do and ill go fight in it if given the chance. what you do is your choice. your freedom. do what you want.

Oh and that little remark about Fox news..... dont speak to me like that again. you want respect start giving it.

there is no reason to delete the thread yet, after all this IS a discussion board... there is no disrespect as far as i can see though i havent read ALL the posts

and if you think the thread sucks then dont read it

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    there is no reason to delete the thread yet, after all this IS a discussion board... there is no disrespect as far as i can see though i havent read ALL the posts
    So far so good.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Brookyn for someone who is not debating you have sure fooled the hell out of me. I sure hope that you are not of the opinion that you can draw a lawful order out like you have this thread, because if you are you are not going to like the results you get at all. Lets go back to the question posed by the thread starter and try to be a team here and help him with his problem.

MKocher man you cracked me up!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sandman
    why is it not ok to argue on the net? so one thread out of 10 is an argument waiting to happen. People are supposed to fight for freedom but not excersize them?

Brooklyn. It was confirmed through genetic testing that it was the same string that we sent to Iraq. Not the American government but a biological facility out of the U.S. (i believe it was in Utah.)
    My understanding is that it was a university professor that the FBI wanted for those attacks. Which would explain if the string came from a facility on U.S. soil. He had access to a universertie's bio/chem. lab ( not sure what state it was in ).

Your argument is that because someone made the gun that they should be at fault instead of the thug that sold them gun knowing full well he was going to use it to shoot one.
    If I bought a gun from a guy, who bought it from a guy, and killed a little ole' lady with it, who are ya gonna blame? Me, the guy I bought it from, or the guy he bought it from? I wasn't saying it's the U.S.'s fault, I was merely adding to your "aiding" argument.

Yes saddam was his nemisis, and his fathers. He was also one of the U.S. a very outspoken one. Not to mention he was firing SAMs at American planes trying to enforce the no fly zone. Act of war? i think so
    Yes, he was a nemisis and a loud and obnoxious guy, but I don't think that is justification for war. I also don't think those SAMs are a reason for 2300 Americans to have lost their lives in that pit. ****, we coulda just bombed the hell out of them. We launched an all out invasion.

all in all i dont care if you support the war or not. i do and ill go fight in it if given the chance. what you do is your choice. your freedom. do what you want.

If I'm given the order "Go to Iraq and stop the insurgents from killing your brothers" I'll pack my bags and go, simple as that. I'll fight to help the forces that are there now following orders, but that doesn't mean I agree with the reasons that we are there.

Oh and that little remark about Fox news..... dont speak to me like that again. you want respect start giving it.
    You know as well as I do that FOX News is extremely right leaning.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by jinelson
    Brookyn for someone who is not debating you have sure fooled the hell out of me. I sure hope that you are not of the opinion that you can draw a lawful order out like you have this thread, because if you are you are not going to like the results you get at all. Lets go back to the question posed by the thread starter and try to be a team here and help him with his problem.

MKocher man you cracked me up!
    I said I wasn't debating with him if he's a good person or not. I don't want anyone to think I'm trying to attack them.

I will follow whatever order I am given. See my above post.

*edit* that still doesn't sound right. How can I rephrase...I'm was telling him that I'm not arguing with him over him being a good or a bad person. I think that's better.

ok, i have a really short attention span, can we PLEASE keep the posts to a 5 line minimum... pleeeeeeeeeeease

its not about what what you said about Fox. you implied that i was regurgitating media garbage as my argument. This would in and of itself imply that i dont have the intellect or education to come up with my own argument.

Born2Kill
    Guest Free Member
    wow, I was gone for like 5 hours and look wat happened to the thread.. lol.. plenty of comments and flaming Anyway thanks for your comments and flames?? Other than that, my opinion is this. The war in Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 I know that, So what got us in Iraq? For some reason I think bush wanted revenge for his father cas Saddam threatened his dads life when he was in office.

John

Brooklyn

1. If you dont like the war in Iraq , cool, dont join the Marines...cuz thats where your going. and then when your over there and you complain to someone, the only thing your going to see is the cutting edge of a pizzed off corporals boot.

2. When you do get over there and you are.....youll see that every lunatic who ever had a beef with the U.S. or its ally is over there training , learning , and practicing. So yes eventually I think that if we dont stop it over there, it will be over here. Its just a matter of time.

So just keep watching the Fox news, or the Communist News Network and youll get all your info. or dont , cuz obviously you know everything already.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw3179
    Brooklyn

1. If you dont like the war in Iraq , cool, dont join the Marines...cuz thats where your going. and then when your over there and you complain to someone, the only thing your going to see is the cutting edge of a pizzed off corporals boot.
    I will follow whatever order I am given. See my above post.

If I'm given the order "Go to Iraq and stop the insurgents from killing your brothers" I'll pack my bags and go, simple as that. I'll fight to help the forces that are there now following orders, but that doesn't mean I agree with the reasons that we are there.

Absolutely! No matter if I agree with whatever conflict we may face or not, I will follow my orders and get whatever the job may be done.
    So just keep watching the Fox news, or the Communist News Network and youll get all your info. or dont , cuz obviously you know everything already.
    I appreciate the compliment, but I don't know everything, nor do I claim to. And if it makes me a Communist to have a difference in opinion then those that lean right, color me red and call me Gustov.

Brooklyn

I think that you are making the mistake of assuming that being against the war means for pulling out of there completely.

I was totally against the war before we started it, and I still firmly believe that it was the wrong decision. Yes, it's good that Saddam is good, but I don't like interfering in the sovreignty of other nations.

However, that doesn't mean that I think we should be pulling out of there now and letting the country go further under. Because, you're right. The future Osama bin Laden is training in Iraq right now, somewhere, and we need to get this insurgency under control, so we have another strong ally in the Middle-East. So despite being against the war at the beginning, I now think that we should be increasing our numbers in Iraq. What, in my opinion, needs to happen is a massive boots on the ground door kicking operation across the entire country, breaking the back of the insurgency. And I think that a Marine should be in charge, not due to any inter-service dick waving, but because counter-insurgency warfare is what the bread and butter of the Marine Corps is.

Just look at the Small Wars manual. This what the Marines used to do, and do well, they know how to crush ****ant resistances, and they know how to bring order to a country on the verge of Civil War. Hell, look at Vietnam. The only times we ever made progress were when Marines were using Marine strategies from the Small Wars manual.

I'd suggest that everyone here read the book "The Savage Wars of Peace",
    it's incredibly good and you'll find a lot of parallels with the current war in Iraq.

I don't like the attitude that most people take that if you aren't a conservative, and weren't for the Iraq war, that you shouldn't join the Marines. Until Bill Clinton all of our Democrat Presidents were veterans, and I'd remind you that our current Republican President is not exactly an exemplary example of military service.

Fact is, as long as you are doing 110%, like the Marines around you are, then it doesn't matter if you are fighting for the "cause", or because you would do anything to protect the brothers and sisters to your right and left.

The military is not an extension of the Republican party.

Credits
    Savings
    Go with what your heart is Saying.

Marine

Geez....I never knew it was so simple. Hell we should get you over there right away so you can start showing everyone how its done. Obviously you have alot of experience from your book that you read. Never mind all the variables, like being careful not to disrespect the sensibilities of your average Muslim or the fact that you have Iraqis fighting you because they want you out of their country, or Syrians or Iranians fighting you because its a good way to learn, or just the common criminal who is making a quick buck . Yeah forget all that , we should just kick in every door kick some ass! yeah!
    Theese arent the bannana wars and sure as hell isnt Nicaragua. IN order for you to have any kind of success you have win the hearts and minds of the common person. but you knew that already.
    You cant be a part of the team if your hearts not in it. So ask yourself that before you become part of the best fighting orginization in the world. Maybe the Marine Corps. is not what your suited for. Have you ever thought of the peace corps? I think theyre hiring .

Geez....I never knew it was so simple. Hell we should get you over there right away so you can start showing everyone how its done. Obviously you have alot of experience from your book that you read.
    I never claimed to have any experience. Don't put words in my mouth. All I said was that there are lots of parallels with wars we have fought in the past, and that we ought to consider using tactics that have worked in similar situations in the past. This isn't exactly new territory that we're in here, we've been in these types of wars before, especially in Haiti.
    Never mind all the variables, like being careful not to disrespect the sensibilities of your average Muslim or the fact that you have Iraqis fighting you because they want you out of their country, or Syrians or Iranians fighting you because its a good way to learn, or just the common criminal who is making a quick buck . Yeah forget all that , we should just kick in every door kick some ass! yeah!
    And I wasn't forgetting all of those things. If you look at the Small Wars manual you'll notice that a big part of it is embedding in communities and doing public works projects, as well as defending them from insurgents so they are comfortable helping us root out the terrorists and insurgents. That sounds like winning their hearts and minds to me. It just starts with a door kicking operation, because you have to get them out before you can keep them out.
    Theese arent the bannana wars and sure as hell isnt Nicaragua. IN order for you to have any kind of success you have win the hearts and minds of the common person. but you knew that already.
    I think that's exactly what I said. I didn't say it was the banana wars, I said there were a lot of parallels with wars that have already been fought. What is the point of having history if you can't learn from it?

Last edited by thedrifter; 03-16-06 at 12:52 PM.

Thread Information