Mp Mos 5811 - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mp Mos 5811

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by PooleeCouto
    Infantry is my Second choice after MP so if i get that, I wouldnt really mind...
    I don't know if you are also color blind, but if you are I don't think you can be an infantryman either. Just checked, nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory12231
    You guys are crazy if you sign a open-contact. You will be assign to infantryman if you do something like that.

Geez...yeah that would suck ...then youd have to do cool stuff like blow s*it up and shoot weapons. Then you might also even have to deploy , and visit places youd never get to go any other time.....Definetly dont go infantry. Plus infantry sounds scarrrrrry , Grab a cool job like accountant or even better yet ..administration ..that should be a blast ! Then you could fastrope or spyrig to your desk every morning!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Found this on another site regarding job selection.

Job Qualifications

As I said previously, your recruiter has absolutely nothing to do with military job qualifications or determination. With the exception of the National Guard, Reserves, and the Marine Corps, this process is done at MEPS, by "Job Counselors. For the Guard and Reserves, recruiters work directly with Guard/Reserve bases in the local area, trying to fill specific job vacancies in those units, so they have more to do with the job selection process. Marine Corps recruiters work with recruits to fill job or enlistment program quotas that are given to them from their headquarters

May I ask why you're solely set on being an MP?

So you want to drive around in an Impala and give other Marines a ticket for going two miles over the speed limit?

Maybe there's more to it, and I haven't gotten a ticket either, but that's all I've seen...

That's ok though, if I'd of known what I know now, I probably would've picked a different job.

Just my opinions though, take them however you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Welbaum
    May I ask why you're solely set on being an MP?

So you want to drive around in an Impala and give other Marines a ticket for going two miles over the speed limit?

Maybe there's more to it, and I haven't gotten a ticket either, but that's all I've seen...

That's ok though, if I'd of known what I know now, I probably would've picked a different job.

Just my opinions though, take them however you want.
    I chose to be an MP mostly for Deployed jobs... I want to be able to deploy to iraq but instead of being on the offence side, I rather be on the defenceive side... Protect a convoy, or a base... Definitely not to give tickets to other Marines...

I also want to be an MP to be able to work with dogs (5812)

You said that you probibly would have picked a different job, May I ask what you MOS is now?

Dog's are pretty cool, have two of them back home. You might also end up playing CSI too. My buddy knows about that one...

I shouldn't say I should've picked a different MOS, but just that I'm going to have to wait till this Osprey gets a better foothold and picks up more deployable squadrons before I get to play GI Joe over in the sandbox.

Here they make you sign the open contract... And before you leave for boot camp you sign another contract with your mos on it... On the second contract it states that any other previous contracts are now voided...
    While I am in agreement with everyone else thats saying you are indeed going "open contract", it doesn't necessarily mean your gonna end up being infantry. It all depends on the needs of the Marine Corps and how well you did on your ASVAB. I was open contract and ended up as a comm guy. You'll find out at the end of MCT what you'll be doing for the Corps. Good Luck

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Open contract isn't that bad - I'm a WM and ended up playing with ordnance and repairing bomb racks.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Seems I was lucky. The first day I met with a recruiter he told me I could get MP.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Amy - don't believe ANYTHING that is just "told" to you - make sure it's in black and white on your contract. If there is a code (such as WJ or something like that) make sure you know what that code is. My recruiter was a bonehead - the only thing on my contract was a code and when I asked him what it was - he told me that all that code meant was that I was going to be sitting in some big general's office, smiling, battin' my big pretty brown eyes and getting anything I wanted for the next 4 years. I first went in his office wanting to fly jets - he did tell me that the Corps wouldn't let me fly jets but they would let me fly transport planes. All I'm saying is (and I don't mean any disrespect to any recruiters that come in here) DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU'RE TOLD BY A RECRUITER - HE HAS A QUOTA TO MEET EVERY MONTH AND SOME OF THEM WILL TELL YOU ANYTHING BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT YOU DON'T KNOW.

Thread Information