MCRD San Diego Anyone???
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up MCRD San Diego Anyone???

I'm leaving for San Diego 20060403
    03XX, infantry option
    Who else is going to SD, if so when do you leave, maybe we'll see each other there. I'm so excited I'm already having trouble sleeping at night thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulGrunt2Be
    I'm leaving for San Diego 20060403
    03XX, infantry option
    Who else is going to SD, if so when do you leave, maybe we'll see each other there. I'm so excited I'm already having trouble sleeping at night thinking about it.
    I leave 20060522, so we might see each other from a distance or something.

I'm going in as an 0621, Field Radio Operator AKA Battery Operated Grunt!

29 palms for you!

Quote Originally Posted by MKocher
    I leave 20060522, so we might see each other from a distance or something.

I'm going in as an 0621, Field Radio Operator AKA Battery Operated Grunt!
    "Battery operated bullet magnet"

Quote Originally Posted by cgkades
    29 palms for you!
    Yeah, that's what I heard. Thankfully the FROC course is only 6 weeks long, from what I've been told.

Which one hand is cool, because less time in 29 stumps. On the other hand, it's not so cool, because I can't bring a vehicle, so I'm definately there for 6 weeks.

OH well.

Smalcom: Hah. I hope not! My reserve unit is a Recon unit so hopefully we'll be sneaky enough not to get shot at too much!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    20060626 In the process of changing to 03xx

Quote Originally Posted by MKocher
    Yeah, that's what I heard. Thankfully the FROC course is only 6 weeks long, from what I've been told.

Which one hand is cool, because less time in 29 stumps. On the other hand, it's not so cool, because I can't bring a vehicle, so I'm definately there for 6 weeks.
    you wont need a car. i was there for 4 and a half months and didnt need one. where is your reserve unit?

Any grunts out there want to tell me how SOI was??? Not trying to get ahead of myself, just kinda curious. What all determines what you do in the infantry? Is it simply what you are best at?

Ahh MCRD SD where Marines are trained,

Fondest Memory was when the Drill Instructor asked if we wanted to call home... Then took us out to the Fence and every time a plane took off we were to Scream for Home.... hahaha soo great..

Quote Originally Posted by cgkades
    you wont need a car. i was there for 4 and a half months and didnt need one. where is your reserve unit?
    The only reason I wanted one is because it's so close to Vegas(I'm 21), San Diego, Los Angeles, etc. I thought it would be nice to be able to go to those places on the weekend, plus I have family in the San Diego area.

My Reserve unit is based out of Anchorage, Alaska, why do ya ask?

3 months till i leave!!! Excited

MOS: 0300 pretty sure... not fully decided though.. any other mos's like 0300?? ive been lookin around but any advice?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    20060612; E1 (Some air option; UAV operator, Weather Service, or Air Traffic Control series)

Going to do my best and hope I get my pick of Air Traffic Control, then going to do the best I can in A-school.

20060619 AE aircraft mechanic

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    When I finish all the paperwork I will be going to San Diego.

yea Ill be going to San Diego next year...when I get all my recruiting stuff straight and enter DEP

Thread Information