Drill Instructors
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Drill Instructors

yeah... i had a run in with a DI or two wednesday night... some scary crap going on there... pool function... yeah if'n y'all want the full story pm me but here are the basics...

we form up... sit like good little poolees, legs crosses hands on the knees... Sgt. Bellec and Sgt Meridith come in... we all tense up they give their speech and then we all get on our feet and they're on us like you wouldnt believe... and i got double teamed...

Now im sitting here wondering wtf i got myself into... i can take it... because i have to take it... even if i wanted to... id take it... but should i really feel like this? is it normal to still be this frazzled 2 days after a 5 minute run in? or am i just being girlie about the whole thing?

You have seen nothing yet

Quote Originally Posted by G G Y
    You have seen nothing yet
    Seconded.

I still remember exact things that my Drill Instructors said. And that was back in 2003. They have a way of sticking with you.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    motion carried - shock and awe

from what i have seen or what little i have seen... im scared sh*tless... and im not easily intimidated by females (except for my mom of course)... and Sgt Meridith... She's f-in scary... im not sure what to think...

PooleeMichael---------Don't THINK, you are not payed to THINK.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    The Drill Instructors only have a few short weeks to instill in you lessons that will last a life time. They have to uncondition you of 17-18 years of the soft life. AND THEN build you into a United States Marine.

This time next year you may find yourself riding shotgun in a convoy through Ar Ramadi. And you will be grateful for every harsh lesson from our Outstanding Drill Instructors.

But I see that you are still motivated and determined to Earn the Title. That's what we look for!

Quote Originally Posted by G G Y
    PooleeMichael---------Don't THINK, you are not payed to THINK.
    ive been gettin that alot lately... one of my bad habits... i think things through too often... trying to break myself of that...

I'll never forget the time I was at a Poole Function like that, with the D.I.'s.. and my recruiter dared me to ask them if we were allowed to jerk off at boot camp. Ya'll know me.. I stood up "SIR, I WAS WONDERING IF WE'RE ALLOWED TO BEAT OFF AT BOOT CAMP SIR" - it was like in half a blink, I had 3 DI's, 2 male, 1 female in my face, the bill of their cover poking me in the forehead.. I remember hearing something about being disgusting, and if I was gonna have a nasty mind like that, that he didnt want me on his island...

I cant remember what I was feeling at the time. I just remember laughing about it afterwards..

Michael - dont sweat the nasty habits.. you'll learn how to react purely off of instinct and habit once you get to MCRD.

-Lake

I got a poolee function tommarow MORNING at 5 o clock, fun fun .. my first one .. No Drill Instructors yet, but i know that there have been times that my friends have played Paintball. I was in Recruiting office when i was Signing up for DEP, and they had a guy in there and he was telling a poolee RUN!!! NOW PUSHUPS!!! MOUNTAIN CLIMER!! NOW RUN!! WTF ARE YOU DOING!! I SAID PUSHUPS!!! signed up and told me to bein polee function saturday at 5 in morning .. cant wait

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    A dare like that better have money involved. DANG... Your recruiter didn't like you did he?

~
    gOpHeR

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

WHat's to be scared of?

Quote Originally Posted by PooleeMichael
    from what i have seen or what little i have seen... im scared sh*tless... and im not easily intimidated by females (except for my mom of course)... and Sgt Meridith... She's f-in scary... im not sure what to think...
    they can't kill ya and even if they did it's not like they would eat ya... it's against the law...
    to make it good and simple P.M. it is what it is... and you have to take it for what it is... and crazy brave is right... I still remember exact quotes... these folks have a way of gettin in your head... it's their job, accept that and your fear will disappear

One of the most true things I've ever heard a Drill Instructor say was

"To be a good Drill Instructor, above all, you have to be a good actor. I don't hate recruits. In fact I admire them for making the choice. But I have to act like I hate them."

It was on a Discovery show many many years ago, not the newest Making Marines installment.

You have to remember they're there to train you, to turn you into a US Marine. They have 13 weeks to make you a brutally effective warrior, and they have 229 years of knowledge to give you in that short span of time.

Truth of the matter is, as the unknown Drill Instructor mentioned...they WANT you to succeed more than anything.

its not fun to be yelled at. what you feel is normal. just stick it out and push through, you will be better when you get to the other side.

Thumbs up

Poolee Michael-------The DIs as said before have a job to do and do it well.Just do your best and when it gets real tuff you have to reach down and pull up more of the best you can do and when you do this you will be amased at what you can do. I had one DI who used me as hiss ****ing post. I said to myself that I would kill him if ever I had the chance. After my 1st trip to Vietnam I ran into him at 29 Palms. I went up and said "thank you Sgt. Beelevlhimere for what you installed in me. Good Luck

Thread Information