Old recruiting commercial
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Old recruiting commercial

Does anybody remember the old recruiting commercial when the Marine fights the lava monster??? if so can you send me a link i can't find it anywhere

I dont remeber that one... but i think i know where to find it... lemme check a couple of sites and get back to you...

if i remember correctly that was a commercial in the previews at a movie rather than on television. it was a cool one though, he smoked that thing

Was that the one where the Marine is standing on the bridge, then whoops up on the thing?

Yeah he was talking about the era of pretty cheesy USMC commercials, where the Marine would be in a pair of Khakis and a tank top, produce an NCOs sword, and use said sword to defeat mythical beasts.

Once beasts were defeated? Cue the transformation into full Dress Blues.

I know the exact one he's talking about, in fact...it was the last of that cheesy mythical thing they had going on. The Corps then decided to change their recruiting tactic. I'm personally more on board with the new ads.

I mean no disrespect, I'd be one of the last people on here to disrespect the Corps, but that era of commercials was nothing short of daffy. What does being a Marine have to do with slaying dragons or fighting lava beasts? I never got it...and I'm sure many others were too.

Unfortunately I don't have it, but I'll search the internet and see what I can find for ya, Pup.

I just saw it awhile back. I have my favorite, "the Climb" commericial. If I come across it, I'll post it here for ya.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Isn't It the One where the Recruit Climbs the Mountain, With the Drill Instructor's Face Kind of Projected on the Mountain?

i was looking for that commercial for over a year and never found it

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Where Does someone even go to look for those commercials?

Quote Originally Posted by Barret
    Where Does someone even go to look for those commercials?
    Google Video is one that pops in my mind. Try there.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    This was my least favorite commercial. Having worked in Marine Corps Recruiting and Marketing and Advertising, I would say my favorite commercial was the "Chess" spot. If you ever see it you will understand why. The spot you speak of is called "Rite of Passage." It was developed and produced by J. Walter Thompson Inc. Rite of Passage was the recruiting spot of the early 2000s. The Marine Corps produces a new recruiting spot every five years or so. In this case, "The Climb," which was the first commercial to feature an enlisted Marine(s) would be due to be pulled in 2007 or 2008. Good luck in your search!

One of the newer ones
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR5ZIchX-OU&search=USMC

The Climb
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2MeL...ed&search=USMC

I swear the first part of "The Climb" commericial is being used by Subaru or something like that. Everytime I see it I think, "Alright my favorite commericial." Then it shows some car advertisement or something like that.

I use to have a link to the lava commercial but it has since been taken down. If I find one I'll be sure too hook you up right away.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyBandit
    I swear the first part of "The Climb" commericial is being used by Subaru or something like that. Everytime I see it I think, "Alright my favorite commericial." Then it shows some car advertisement or something like that.
    I own a Subaru, lol... it's a sign.

You're thinking of Suzuki, when that guy base jumps off the cliff...it tricks me too.

Maybe it is I just know the first part with the clouds and all is nearly identical.

Thread Information