Jarhead - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jarhead

Alright. So now we're getting into the **** talking huh?

How many times do I have to ****ing voice my POINT.

I'm not here to get anyone to change thier view, just to understand mind.

Outlaw, I'm thinking of the best way to tell you to shut the **** up in a respectable manner but I am at a loss. You can say as much **** as you want. That I will be a ****ty Marine, that I wont be able to take it. But I really don't ****ing care, because I know I'll make you eat your words. My like for Swoffords work will in no way make me any less of a Marine. Just like your ignorant comments do not make you any less of a Marine.

Old Marine...I don't know why expressing my opinion on a movie causes you to come after me like that. I'm sorry if I live in a different world than you did. Times have changed. "Leave it to Beaver" is no longer around. You don't know who I am or what I have done for the Corps. So I would think about that before you start judging and talking down to other Marines.

Simply put, movie is not as good as some people make it seem. I thought it was going to be great cause it's a Marine movie, but no. Extremely dissapointed with it. For me, Rules of Engagement is still my favorite.

Credits
    Savings
    Waiting for the DVD because I have not seen it yet...joe

Focus Fate - check it out young one - they're no longer focused on your opinion of the book, but rather how you defended your opinion. Tone down on the language, and put the attitude in check. You're right, someday you will make'em eat your words.. and trust me, its a good feeling... I know. But until that day, you just need to put your foot in your mouth and wait it out. Save all this fire for your fight for the title.

Outlaw - I cant tell if you're trying to provoke a fight, or just being sarcastic. Either way its immature, dont care if you're a Sgt or not - save the BS for another forum please... We can call eachother sh*tbags all day, but I think in a situation like this everyone just needs to drop it..

Old Marine - I'm sure in the Old Corps, everything was different. I'm sure it was harder, I'm sure you were hazed a lot. I've got a lot of respect for what you went through. But things have changed, what was acceptable 30 years ago, isnt always acceptable anymore. And what wasnt accepted back then, is possibly accepted as common behavior now. Regardless, saying you're happy you retired when you did - instead of sticking in the Corps.. thats kind of a low blow to us new Marines, dont you think? In any way, do I expect you to pay me any kind of respect.. but common courtesy would be appreciated. As I said to the Sgt, please save that kind of nonsense for another forum....

I know I stepped on some toes with this one. Personally dont care, its just the internet, its just a forum folks.. relax. All I ask that everyone looks at the POINT of my posts.. and not try to comment back at me about the fact that I'm a LCpl. We're all Marines.. so please dont try to pull the rank card on me.

-Lake

Quote Originally Posted by LCplLake
    Focus Fate - check it out young one - they're no longer focused on your opinion of the book, but rather how you defended your opinion. Tone down on the language, and put the attitude in check. You're right, someday you will make'em eat your words.. and trust me, its a good feeling... I know. But until that day, you just need to put your foot in your mouth and wait it out. Save all this fire for your fight for the title.
    Will do, Lake.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Focus the point I was trying to make is that, your attitude towards some of the people that voiced their opinion was totally unacceptable. I am glad you enjoyed the book, gives you some incite into the Corps albeit in a negative light. When I was telling you to check your manners I meant that with all sincerity. Do not come on here and try and disrespect Marines when you haven't even got to boot yet. You are trying to get your opinion across just like everyone else is. And your your signature "I read books, I'll be a sh*tbird Marine" is uncalled for also. Believe me once you get in thats all you will be doing to try and get ahead. If you need any help or have any questions please feel free to ask.

Oh yeah MALS 24 ORD KMCAS to whoever asked Sorry I forgot 92-95

Quote Originally Posted by jgorosco
    Focus the point I was trying to make is that, your attitude towards some of the people that voiced their opinion was totally unacceptable. I am glad you enjoyed the book, gives you some incite into the Corps albeit in a negative light. When I was telling you to check your manners I meant that with all sincerity. Do not come on here and try and disrespect Marines when you haven't even got to boot yet. You are trying to get your opinion across just like everyone else is. And your your signature "I read books, I'll be a sh*tbird Marine" is uncalled for also. Believe me once you get in thats all you will be doing to try and get ahead. If you need any help or have any questions please feel free to ask.

Oh yeah MALS 24 ORD KMCAS to whoever asked Sorry I forgot 92-95
    I completely understand. Though I didn't feel I was being disrespectful in my initial post, but re-reading it at this moment I can see how it may have been taken that way. I appologize if you felt I was directly insulting you, which wasn't the case.

lake ..noted. errr

Outlaw - I cant tell if you're trying to provoke a fight, or just being sarcastic. Either way its immature, dont care if you're a Sgt or not - save the BS for another forum please... We can call eachother sh*tbags all day, but I think in a situation like this everyone just needs to drop it..

Old Marine - I'm sure in the Old Corps, everything was different. I'm sure it was harder, I'm sure you were hazed a lot. I've got a lot of respect for what you went through. But things have changed, what was acceptable 30 years ago, isnt always acceptable anymore. And what wasnt accepted back then, is possibly accepted as common behavior now. Regardless, saying you're happy you retired when you did - instead of sticking in the Corps.. thats kind of a low blow to us new Marines, dont you think? In any way, do I expect you to pay me any kind of respect.. but common courtesy would be appreciated. As I said to the Sgt, please save that kind of nonsense for another forum....

I know I stepped on some toes with this one. Personally dont care, its just the internet, its just a forum folks.. relax. All I ask that everyone looks at the POINT of my posts.. and not try to comment back at me about the fact that I'm a LCpl. We're all Marines.. so please dont try to pull the rank card on me.

-Lake

Can't say I cared much for the film but.....I am glad someone said it.

The movie was funny due to the fact that it did show what it's like to be a Marine and very bored. but it only gives the public one narrow view of someone who didn't like being in the Corps.

i was left with wow, now this is what everyone is going to think of me being a Marine.... great.... so thumbs down to Jarhead

I've gotta agree, I havent joined the Marines yet but I'm planning on it. And me and my parents watched it today, and boy did they feel better...... not...

Boo on Jarhead. Making the marines look bad.

My father and I both agree (father was in Vietnam 68-70) that the movie is just a negative light to the Corps... I mean the movie mentions up jacking off like 5 times... Ok well I work my ass off and I have learned more in the Corps so far than just how to play with my pecker... It was quite retarded to me that the book made it to movie when there wan't really anything that happened of interest... Man goes to war, man tried to get a kill, man gets ****ed out of it, hmmm... Oh and he beat his meat 7-8 times... I paid $20 to take my girl to see it, man I could've done something better with that money and time...

Anthony Swoffard, thanks for serving, ripping me out of 20 bucks to see your movie which sucked, and being played by a man that played a gay cowboy...

I-Y-A-O-Y-A-S! (6531)

I would bet that Chesty Puller has rolled over in his grave.

As far as Marine Movies, I used to think that "Heartbreak Ridge" was the worse one I had seen until this "Jarhead" thing came out. I'm sure I will forget it just as I did the Eastwood movie. Most movies they make these days are terrible.

-Lake
    Maybe what went on in my Marine Corps 30 years ago is no longer accepted and maybe, just maybe, that is the problem with the Corps today. Back in the day a boot LCpl would never question a person of higher rank at any time regardless of the circumstances. You can put your common courtesy and civilian attitude where the sun doesn't shine. When you speak of hazing, what are you talking about? I was never hazed, but I was punched daily in Boot camp and when I got to Korea as a PFC, an (E-3) Corporal was god as far as I was concerned.

Maybe the Marine Corps has went to hell. I sure do hope not.

Thread Information